House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

deano

Is It Racist

Please Send this to all your friends

I couldn’t have written it better myself!!

After many cities not wanting to offend other cultures by putting up Xmas lights.

After hearing that the Birmingham council changed its opinion and let and let a Muslim women have her picture on her driver’s license with her face covered.

After hearing of a Primary school in Birmingham where a boy was told that for PE they could wear Football Shirts (Aston Villa, Birmingham, West Ham etc) but NOT an England shirt as it could offend others.

This prompted the editorial below written by a UK citizen in a British newspaper.

Quote:-

IMMIGRANTS, NOT BRITON’S, must ADAPT. Take it OR Leave it.

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on London , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Brits. However, the dust from the attacks has barely settled and the politically correct” crowd begin complaining about the possibility that over patriotism is offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Britain. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of London being a multicultural community has been served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Britons, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of wars, struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, Learn the language. “In god We Trust”, is our National Motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, and political slogan.

We adopted this motto because Christian men and women on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home. Because God is part of our culture. If St George’s cross offends you, or you don’t like “A Fair Go”, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don’t care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life. I highly encourage you to take advantage of the other great British freedom,

“ THE RIGHT TO LEAVE ”. If you aren’t happy here, then go back from whence you came; We didn’t force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.

Pretty easy really, when you think about it,

I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it will also, sooner or later get back to the complainers, lets all try, please.

No matter how many times you receive it… Please forward it to all you know.

I'm offended that Christian people think this is a Christian nation. I think it's a multi faith nation. I am an athiest myself and object to having all these references to god everywhere.

Should I shut up & learn there really is a god, or do I have a right to my opinion? Please choose so I know where I stand.

I was commenting to an athiest friend the other day, that isn't it sad that God doesn't exist. It would have been nicer if he did. Think about that for a while.

After many cities not wanting to offend other cultures by putting up Xmas lights.

After hearing that the Birmingham council changed its opinion and let and let a Muslim women have her picture on her driver’s license with her face covered.

After hearing of a Primary school in Birmingham where a boy was told that for PE they could wear Football Shirts (Aston Villa, Birmingham, West Ham etc) but NOT an England shirt as it could offend others.

This prompted the editorial below written by a UK citizen in a British newspaper.

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on London , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Brits. However, the dust from the attacks has barely settled and the politically correct” crowd begin complaining about the possibility that over patriotism is offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Britain. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of London being a multicultural community has been served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Britons, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of wars, struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, Learn the language. “In god We Trust”, is our National Motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, and political slogan.

We adopted this motto because Christian men and women on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home. Because God is part of our culture. If St George’s cross offends you, or you don’t like “A Fair Go”, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don’t care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life. I highly encourage you to take advantage of the other great British freedom,

“ THE RIGHT TO LEAVE ”. If you aren’t happy here, then go back from whence you came; We didn’t force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.

I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it will also, sooner or later get back to the complainers, lets all try, please.

I'm glad the moderator has moved this as clearly nothing to do with HPC. But why don't you re-read what you've written:

"After many cities not wanting to offend other cultures by putting up Xmas lights.

After hearing of a Primary school in Birmingham where a boy was told that for PE they could wear Football Shirts (Aston Villa, Birmingham, West Ham etc) but NOT an England shirt as it could offend others."

Where does it say exactly here that the immigrant (assuming of course they are not already British from being born here....) has actually complained??? Most sensible people will realise how stupid these cases are - why are you feeling so frightened? Britain is a mutli-faith, tolerant society - that is the essence of British culture - instead of trying to fight it, why don't you try and embrace other cultures (think about all the exotic food that you eat, think about what would have happended to the NHS if we hadn't imported all those cheap doctors back in the 60s, Asians represent around 2% of the population, but generate 8% of GDP etc..). Of course in every culture you're gonna get twats that moan about this and that, but don't generalise. Trust me, I've travelled the world and I can tell you, one of the most regarded aspects of Britain is its mutli-culturalism. Working together, is better than fighting each other...

“In god We Trust”, is our National Motto.

No it isn't. That's America you're thinking of.

Christian men and women on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented

Actually, "Great Britain" in the sense of a unified nation governed by a single ruler was created by the invasion of the Anglo-Saxons, who certainly were not Christians.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change

A culture that is not willing to change and adapt stagnates and dies.

Can we keep this kind of bigoted claptrap off the main forum please.

I'm offended that Christian people think this is a Christian nation. I think it's a multi faith nation. I am an athiest myself and object to having all these references to god everywhere.

Should I shut up & learn there really is a god, or do I have a right to my opinion? Please choose so I know where I stand.

I was commenting to an athiest friend the other day, that isn't it sad that God doesn't exist. It would have been nicer if he did. Think about that for a while.

A good post from my favorite bull :)

Are you sure that this article wasn't written by an American originally?

That would explain the "In God we Trust" part.

I was unaware that this is our national motto. Is it written in Latin somewhere?

It would also explain the "we speak English, not Spanish bit" because the whole English/Spanish thing is important in the USA. There will be more Spanish speakers than English speakers in the USA in a few decades time due to a difference in birth rates/immigration etc.

The article needs to be interpreted completely differently if it was written with the USA in mind originally. Native American Indians are the only indiginous people there and no-one has adapted to their culure/values etcetera.

The USA is a melting pot, founded upon immigration.

We live on a small island. Britain has frequently meddled overseas and not adapted to the local culture while doing so. Do Brits in Spain learn Spanish and love Don Quixote?

Anyway, I think people should be tolerant, live and let live. For the record, my husband is Turkish/British but we are both atheists and see ourselves as humans before Turks/Brits. I think religion causes a lot of these problems. Also I don't think people from other cultures should go on and on about how their country is great and that they are dismayed by our society (I know some who do) and carry on living here. And Britain shouldn't deny its culture in order to be politically correct.

As a fellow atheist, I agree.

A nasty & ignorant article..

A nasty & ignorant article..

Why is it nasty and ignorant......WE APPLAUD other countries for their patriotism, whats wrong with being patriotic in THIS country.....We say nothing when they fly their flags if they win a major sporting venue......if we do the same, the papers are on our backs...

What happened to being proud of YOUR country .....WE SEE it in other countries, do we put them down? NO!....why here?????

Absolutely true and not racist in the slightest. They're all welcome here, but adapt to our ways or leave.

:ph34r::o

Absolutely true and not racist in the slightest. They're all welcome here, but adapt to our ways or leave.

:ph34r::o

I second that.

And about 50m 'Brits' back it also. The tide will turn and the immigrant communitites will leave as fast as they came here. When the shit hits the fan, they will realise they have no true allegiance to this country and they will be offski !

Totally agree with the author of that letter. Immigrants should adapt to the norms of British society or get the hell out and go home. The alternative is fragmentation and confusion. History has many lessons to teach us regarding this.

Learn the language, respect the host religion and culture and try and adapt.

Totally agree with the author of that letter. Immigrants should adapt to the norms of British society or get the hell out and go home. The alternative is fragmentation and confusion. History has many lessons to teach us regarding this.

Learn the language, respect the host religion and culture and try and adapt.

I went to the second festival of reggaeton (a kind of rap music originally from puerto rico) and latin hip-hop in north london at the weekend. It was brilliant - a whole bunch of kids who were first or second generation immigrants from latin america (mainly colombia) put on an amazing party, the music was great, the rapping and musicianship was great, everyone had a fantastic time in a very latin american way, but in a london context. If these kids had "conformed to britishness" as much as some of you guys seem to want, they would either be in their bedrooms listening the smiths or possibly morris dancing. get a life!

Oooh sensitive topic for me !!!

I am not against immigrants celebrating their culture or retaining their language and customs, but I DO feel that they have to conform to the host culture in general everyday life and not demand that national holidays and such be altered because of their 'sensitivities'.

I'm also an immigrant, grew up during the 70's and remember that those days were not happy. The words 'multiculturalism' and 'tolerance' did not exist. One of my earliest memories is of the NF marching through Edmonton and smashing up my dad's grocers. Later we lived in a very small town outside London for 3 years where we had some rather nasty neighbours who insisted on calling us 'the *****' and threw dogsh*t at our house and through our letterbox. I have seen the nasty side of English life (not you lot, you're alright of course) but I do not hold a grudge. I realized early on that their racism came out of fear. After all, most of them were not willing to work as hard as us, or take advantage of the free education, they did not know how to save and had no idea how to hold their families and relationships together. We recognized very quickly that our culture and values were far superior so we milked it for what we could.

But I still hold firm: you have to respect the opportunities afforded you by the host country and remember that you chose to live there and not the other way around. While we retained and celebrated our culture, religion and language we always recognized that we had to try our best to fit in and get along with our hosts. We also had our cultural nights, churches, schools etc but we got along with the minimum of friction and where necessary we adapted in order to minimize problems. We never imposed our demands on the English, that was unthinkable.

By the way, I have sodded off back to my own country now and am very happy for it. (I only wish the BNP would have been in power when I left, they would have given me 20 grand ha ha). But the funny side is this: many of the English who live here absolutely refuse to speak a word of Greek ! They moan and whinge whenever something here does not go their way and they expect the locals to turn a blind eye to their crass and vulgar behaviour. AND THE LOCALS TOLERATE THEM ! Ironic or what !

Rant over.

The article is deliberately stirring it. I suspect it's a "test the water" to see what reaction comes back out of hyperspace. Kind of political radar. We know the BNP (and many other extreme groups) are praying for Peak Oil/Middle East meltdown/whatever because they know they'll get ahead in such disruption. We know that people get nasty and desperate when the times are that way. The times are turning that way. That excites the extreme parties.

What actually happens is we live and work amongst each other and take each for what we are. It is true that there is silliness in regard to "mustn't show offense" but I expect 99% of us see that for what it is, petty bureaucracy and its petty ways. I don't know any adjusted person who has a problem with there being many different cultures in Britain. There always have been anyway. The writer of the above article has their (I assume his) own agenda - paving the path to power.

There's going to be more of this kind of thing as the economy slides. Beware.

This email is a blatent attempt to stir up racial ill feeling hence it requests you email it to one and all. Is that because the originator reckons people cannot think for themselves, no it just panders to the moronic in society.

Just because it raises points about learning english does not detract from the obvious thrust of the email. It's nothing to do with identity, culture or whatever, and the well balanced in society can see that. It panders to the mentality of the Harry Enfield character Frank Doberman ......................OH IMMIGRANT...... NO IF YOU THINK YOU CAN COME DOWN MY STREET AND......pheff pheff

How many times do you see the use of religion and patriotism in politics, 1930/40's Germany is a prime example of how both were used. Millions of Jews were herded into the gas chambers on the back of religious and patriotic xenophobia. Religion and Patriotism are the chains that bind you to your masters.

The moranic thuggery of Australias anti immigrant supporters was there for all to see this weekend. But of course it being a Coalition Partner, it received very little air time on the TV news. Where as immigrants rioting will be fed to us on a rolling basis.

Lets hope the Spanish government don't ship the English non Spanish speaking residents living in their "Little Britain Costas" back to the UK, because they will nodoubt be competing for the same standared of housing as me. :rolleyes:

Oh this is just awfully cringe-making. A bit of Daily Mail little Englander twaddle. Endeavouring to forge an ersatz "patriotism" in a country as sensitive to BS as the UK will never work.

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel" Boswell 1775

Its laughable parochial and embarrassing for those of us who just get on with being British rather than seeing it as a form of emotional tattoo.

The Fox

I hadn't appreciated tha the appearance of this article is a direct reaction to the race riots in Australia, which as Catch 22 has pointed out, have attracted little coverage in this country. It just shows you how lucky we are to have the Internet. I only heard about the riots from someone at work, who in turn had only picked it up through a friend who had relations in Sydney. The suppression of the news is more likely to be motivated by good intentions than bad, though.

I hadn't appreciated tha the appearance of this article is a direct reaction to the race riots in Australia, which as Catch 22 has pointed out, have attracted little coverage in this country. It just shows you how lucky we are to have the Internet. I only heard about the riots from someone at work, who in turn had only picked it up through a friend who had relations in Sydney. The suppression of the news is more likely to be motivated by good intentions than bad, though.

Well watch Channel 4 then, it was on there in all its glory! I am not by the way racist, I even have a 'coloured' television.

Someone once said "The people will sooner believe a big lie than a small lie"

Most people believe only what the BBC tells them to believe. They have no capaciy for individual thought. 52 people blown up and they are still in denial. What will it take to bring them back to reality? Maybe when we become like Holland and a muslim majority is on the horizon.

Someone once said "The people will sooner believe a big lie than a small lie"

Most people believe only what the BBC tells them to believe. They have no capaciy for individual thought. 52 people blown up and they are still in denial. What will it take to bring them back to reality? Maybe when we become like Holland and a muslim majority is on the horizon.

I hope you are not suggesting that Muslims will not be tolerant of us Infidels when they hold the balance of democratic power.

I hope you are not suggesting that Muslims will not be tolerant of us Infidels when they hold the balance of democratic power.

I think in the coming decades we will be put through a lot of pain and heartbreak.

The supporters of immigration and multiculture will ignore it and deny it until it affects them personally or someone they love.