House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Skipping Univeristy As Deadly As Smoking.....

How skipping university is as deadly as SMOKING: School leavers aged 18 have 'same risk of early death as smokers'

An estimated 145,000 deaths could have been prevented adults who left school early had left at 18 - the same number of deaths that could have been averted if smokers quit, Colorado scientists said.

The researchers say there is a clear association between education and mortality, even after adjustment for other health factors, which shows that the link must be at least partially causal.

I wonder how the figures will look in several decades with the stress of repayment ever increasing debt?

Smells like fag smoke propaganda to me.

Are they now trying to scare people into to taking on uni-debt ?

Are there any stats to how people who just leave this ****ing hole of a country get on ?

People who are dead are 100% more likely to be dead than those who are alive, a 9 year long study at the County University of National Tenuous Statistics has claimed. The cause has been attributed to the living suffering from a lack of death.

So....those who smoke and go to university are likely to live as long as those who don't smoke and don't go to university? :wacko:

Yeah, I think it means that if you went to university it's fine to smoke.

I'd better keep it down to 10 a day though, because I went to an ex-poly

:lol:

Ever the more hilarious that they acknowledge the difference and then drive a steam train through it

which shows that the link must be at least partially causal.

So a causation in one data set (which is also just correlation) implies a link of causation with another? That's a new one. Good straw-man though.

One of my schoolfriends left school by dying!

We all know one! :(

I smoke.

I left school at 16.

Thank you for your concerns about my welfare - but I can assure you that I'm doing just fine...

XYY

I smoke.

I left school at 16.

Thank you for your concerns about my welfare - but I can assure you that I'm doing just fine...

XYY

Perhaps there's still time to do some sort of night class or Open University course so that your lungs can be coated with the protective layer of wisdom that will keep you safe.

I smoke.

I left school at 16.

XYY

I hope that's on yer cv!