House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happy_renting

What Time Is It.

As I have a mobile phone with a built in time facility, I don't bother wearing a watch.

I don't always have my mobile phone at hand, so I don't always know what time it is.

I dont rely on my PC, as I can only be sure it shows the correct time if I can verify it using my mobile.

SO I came up with the brilliant idea of this thread, where people can post what time it is.

Then all I have to do is log in and read the thread.

Thanks in advance.

I'll look into it!]

I hope I've not got it mixed up with breast day. If I've missed the once annual opportunity, again, to wear my Boob Inspector baseball cap, in a non-ironic fashion, I don't mind telling you, I'm going to be pretty bloody annoyed.

I hope I've not got it mixed up with breast day. If I've missed the once annual opportunity, again, to wear my Boob Inspector baseball cap, in a non-ironic fashion, I don't mind telling you, I'm going to be pretty bloody annoyed.

I'll keep abreast of that one, as well.

I was thinking about time the other day. I don't know much about it so was wondering if anyone can help. When did it start?

People take us back 13 odd billion years ago to the beginning of the universe but as far as I know people don't actually know what happened before the Big Bang. Now, all I know is that the arrow of time only flows in one direction as does entropy and increasing disorder. Does that mean that at some point in the past there was a state of perfect order that was in essence timeless? And was that the state of our universe when the Big Bang happened. The question arises as to why a state of timeless perfect order should suddenly explode to start space-time and increasing disorder. Well the only thing I can think of is that it bumped into another 'thing' (possibly another occurrence of timeless perfect order). Trouble is, the question arises how can timeless order (essentially static space-time-order) can 'bump' into something else. And what happened before all that.

I was thinking about time the other day. I don't know much about it so was wondering if anyone can help. When did it start?

People take us back 13 odd billion years ago to the beginning of the universe but as far as I know people don't actually know what happened before the Big Bang. Now, all I know is that the arrow of time only flows in one direction as does entropy and increasing disorder. Does that mean that at some point in the past there was a state of perfect order that was in essence timeless? And was that the state of our universe when the Big Bang happened. The question arises as to why a state of timeless perfect order should suddenly explode to start space-time and increasing disorder. Well the only thing I can think of is that it bumped into another 'thing' (possibly another occurrence of timeless perfect order). Trouble is, the question arises how can timeless order (essentially static space-time-order) can 'bump' into something else. And what happened before all that.

Time started at 0:00, silly boy

More seriously, I have come to the conclusion that randomness is a fundamental quality of the universe, like the astronomical constant or Pi. So the random event that disturbed the singularity that was the universe at time 0 meant that the Big Bang HAD to happen, sooner or later.

I can't ramble on about it in greater detail because I'm still sober.

Time for a drink.

And stop derailing my thread. Go be serious somewhere else.

Time started at 0:00, silly boy

More seriously, I have come to the conclusion that randomness is a fundamental quality of the universe, like the astronomical constant or Pi. So the random event that disturbed the singularity that was the universe at time 0 meant that the Big Bang HAD to happen, sooner or later.

I can't ramble on about it in greater detail because I'm still sober.

Time for a drink.

And stop derailing my thread. Go be serious somewhere else.

Don't you think it's strange that the randomness of our universe gives way to life, that spends all it's energy and time in making things ordered?

How random is that!

Who's to say that we didn't make the big bang from the future, so we could all be here...

Don't you think it's strange that the randomness of our universe gives way to life, that spends all it's energy and time in making things ordered?

How random is that!

Who's to say that we didn't make the big bang from the future, so we could all be here...

Relax. Entropy and photon death will win out in the end. Just give it time.

]

Thanks for that. I'd almost forgotten how much I detest him. One of the many reasons I gave up TV.

Don't suppose you've got any high heels in a 10, going begging, have you?