House Price Crash Forum

Damien Hirst, Property Tycoon

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I really can't get my head round the psychology of this - what is the point of "owning" so much?

I get having a nice pad in London and having a countryside pad somewhere by the sea and getting a house for your Mum if you can afford it, but really what is the point of having all those places? He can't possibly get round and use them all.

If I had that many millions going spare I think I'd want to sink it into some socially useful legacy rather than a pointless property portfolio.

HOLA446

I really can't get my head round the psychology of this - what is the point of "owning" so much?

I get having a nice pad in London and having a countryside pad somewhere by the sea and getting a house for your Mum if you can afford it, but really what is the point of having all those places? He can't possibly get round and use them all.

If I had that many millions going spare I think I'd want to sink it into some socially useful legacy rather than a pointless property portfolio.

better ask fergus for the answer

HOLA447

I think Hirst is doing some good things with some of the properties he owns (not thinking about the rented / leased ones for now)

Excellent, high quality restorations for instance of buildings that might otherwise be lost

And anyway, what is wrong with a self made person buying a couple of houses for his own use?

HOLA448

I think Hirst is doing some good things with some of the properties he owns (not thinking about the rented / leased ones for now)

Excellent, high quality restorations for instance of buildings that might otherwise be lost

And anyway, what is wrong with a self made person buying a couple of houses for his own use?

+1

Clearly no comparison with the Blairs. He doesn't even own the house he lives in most of the time apparently.

HOLA449