House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Anti-Virus Programmes

This is to check that I'm still up to date on this as I'm aware good programmes become bad ones and better ones emerge; I've been using these ones for over ten years and they were all recommended to me on this forum at the time.

So I have:

• Desktop: Spybot search and destroy (run weekly) and AVG which is more of a permanent presence and actively blocks things.
  • Mobile phone: Avast.

Is this ok, and even if so are there better ones that I should switch to?

I find them all perfectly straightforward to use and they don't slow down my computer; although AVG went through a phase of grinding my previous laptop to a halt with every update about four years ago and nearly got ditched at the point. It doesn't do this anymore.

They rarely find viruses, which I guess is a combination of my not being as adventurous in my browsing as I once was and the Talk Talk Homesafe settings which are permanently on (there are whole threads on their help forum about how it's impossible to remove them).

T

I

A