House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Eagle

Looks Like The Saudi Regime Is Imploding

Hundreds of Saudi Soldiers, Commander Join Yemeni Forces

300 Saudi soldiers and an artillery commander have joined the Yemeni forces, a senior Yemeni politician announced on Friday.

"The latest blow at the Al Saud came as Hashem al-Ahmar, artillery commander of the Saudi army in al-Wadia border crossing and 300 soldiers joined the Yemeni army and the revolutionary forces," the Middle East Panorama website quoted Head of Yemen's Free Army Nasser bin Yahya al-Orujli as saying on Friday.

He noted that the Saudi regime is still in a difficult situation and the Saudi officials know it quite well.

Last Wednesday, tribal forces and activists in Saudi Arabia's Najran region formed a military and political opposition movement to the Saudi regime, called "Ahrar al-Najran" after the region declared earlier this month that it has separated from Saudi Arabia and joined Yemen in the war on Riyadh.

Activist and movement member, Abu Bakr Abi Ahmad al-Salami, told FNA that "all tribes of the region are members of the Ahrar al-Najran Movement".

http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13940405000535

Without Saudi financial support IS will likely implode soon after, too.

There has been an upsurge in applications from Saudi to study in the UK recently and the students i have had dealings with seem desperate to remain in the UK (not giving details) never seen this before in 20 years of being an academic (usually i find saudi students happy to go home to their stress free lives of luxury). In fact there has been a lot of pressure on us to take all comers from the saudi hierarchy, e,g, to bend the rules on english proficiency

There has been an upsurge in applications from Saudi to study in the UK recently and the students i have had dealings with seem desperate to remain in the UK (not giving details) never seen this before in 20 years of being an academic (usually i find saudi students happy to go home to their stress free lives of luxury). In fact there has been a lot of pressure on us to take all comers from the saudi hierarchy, e,g, to bend the rules on english proficiency

Same thing happened in the 80s with Iranians and Iraqis - students in the UK or canon fodder conscripts in the war. No doubt they are looking to come here to be students to avoid being conscripts in the Saudi military.

Our Unis will lap their fees up and, alas, it probably will be bad for house prices. However, chubby girls will probably be the biggest - no pun - winners.

Nuke the entire site from orbit please.

That would bankrupt BAE Systems and a few other arms manufacturers...

Same thing happened in the 80s with Iranians and Iraqis - students in the UK or canon fodder conscripts in the war. No doubt they are looking to come here to be students to avoid being conscripts in the Saudi military.

That's not it, there is no conscription in Saudi Arabia:

Military service age and obligation:

17 is the legal minimum age for voluntary military service; no conscription (2012)

source: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/resources/the-world-factbook/geos/sa.html

http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13940405000535

Without Saudi financial support IS will likely implode soon after, too.

the saudi's are quite concerned(legitimately imho), that iran wants to be the dominant regional player.

it's a rew-run of royalty versus clerics spats we had in europe 600 years ago, and neither of them will accept second place.

same is true of the likes of jordan-which even by islamic teachings, are actually more "royal" than the saudi's, minus the relics.

both of these nations, plus their surroundings..also egypt, are in quite a bit of danger from ISIS proper.

then you have turkey, waiting on the sidelines to pick up the pieces and claim the caliphate,once the other two main players(iran and saudi) have blown themselves to bits and are in a sufficiently weakened state.

turkey will not join the EU,period......they have their sights set on the whole north african and arabian peninsula.

But but it's the religion of peace.

...a piece of you over there, a piece of you over there, another piece over here.......

But but it's the religion of peace.

This ones about OIL.

US doesnt like a low price...its not good for anybody...well, its good for everybody except frackers.

This ones about OIL.

US doesnt like a low price...its not good for anybody...well, its good for everybody except frackers.

In that part of the world, it's ALWAYS about oil. Religion is just a front to excuse the atrocities involved in making sure that the west has it's uninterrupted flow.

I don't think we know 25% of what is really going in that part of the world

The BBC certainly isn't an accurate source of information

I dig a bit and then find myself going round in circles about who "the west" is supporting at any particular moment in history

There is a lot of duplicity and obfuscation by all sides

But I do know that it is a mess and a lot of people die regularly at the hands of 'good' regimes and 'bad' regimes

I can't see a quick and easy solution that would fix it either

This ones about OIL.

I thought the price was so low that it was hurting the Saudi's, if they have to spend a fortune of arms thats good for the west and bad for them.

as Bernard Lewis points out, with oil the arabs had discovered that the american revolution works in reverse. If you have so much money you don't need to tax people then you don't need to represent them either.

if the regime has problems funding their subjects lives of leisure thats when it will kick off.

In that part of the world, it's ALWAYS about oil. Religion is just a front to excuse the atrocities involved in making sure that the west has it's uninterrupted flow.

Officially, its NEVER about oil...I forgot for a moment.

Anyone else other than me really concerned that ISIS might eventually get control of the Pakistani nukes?

I guess this worry is occupying the west security services quite a bit. if islamacists ever managed to use one on a western city all bets are off- e.g. tell saudi to evacuate mecca and then drop a dirty bomb. where is their religion now when it is impossible to do the hajj for the next 10,000 years?

Anyone else other than me really concerned that ISIS might eventually get control of the Pakistani nukes?

i thought the saudis had already made overtures to the regarding this sort of thing.

I guess this worry is occupying the west security services quite a bit. if islamacists ever managed to use one on a western city all bets are off- e.g. tell saudi to evacuate mecca and then drop a dirty bomb. where is their religion now when it is impossible to do the hajj for the next 10,000 years?

You can obviously do Hajj in Rochdale, where, amazingly, the Prophet never got to.