House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest curiousguy21

When Will The Hpc Actually Happen

Guest curiousguy21

I have looked on on the HPC site for some years now but have never joined or posted.

For years some people have been predicting a HPC which has not happened and prices have just increased in the more prosperous part of the country (not all I know).

I guess I just wonder with the shortage of housing supply that seems to be a feature in the UK now when people think the crash will happen.

I do not buy the nonsense that if Greece leave the EU that will have any effect as we are not in the Euro and if I need to buy a hoime for a job move or any other reason what happens in Greece is irrelavant to me. When economic hardship hits abroad many foreign people get their money into the UK housing market as they see it as a safe haven.

So when do we think there may be a crash and why?

I am just curious as to how others see things.

Curious about what ??

He's an ea troll and he's curious about trying to sound intelligent, in the light of having failed his GCSEs.

You've missed it somehow.

Belfast: Down 70% real terms

NW/NE: Down 50% real terms

Midlands: Down 30% real terms

That's most of the country covered.

Idiots in S.E. 0% in real terms....They must really be desperate f**kwits down that part of the world.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

When the borders are shut to the 500k immigrants a year coming in and the greenbelt is scrapped and the planning laws are torn up and the BoE raises the base rate to 5% i.e. never.

They (the govt and bankers) learnt their lesson in the last crash, mega cheap money awash,govt meddling,PPI,car scrappage,all worked its magic, I was getting 6.5% on my money, (str in Dec 2007) I then bought my own house (2012) and 3 BTL (2013),s all due to the above, my houses were all probate buys at 2002 prices as i put in really low offers and now worth (at the moment) £160k more than I payed. 2012-13 was the year to buy with cash they would snap your hand off. My BTL are keepers for at least 30years so I dont really care if they go up or down.

Guest curiousguy21

Weird. Anyone called "I live ion HPC" really must get out more. There is a whole world out there.

This is why I have not bothered to post as anyone who does not predict HPC or is not totally negative and doom does not necessarily foresee a HPC is called a troll or an estate agent. I am neither and have a masters degree so all the childish insults about not having a GCSE and being an estate agent are rather puerile and infantile. That said, if that is how you get your kicks you get on with it, it really is fine I will not bother to argue.

I think that maybe those who do that are driven by envy and angst as they have not bought a home and resent other who have or who can do. Bitterness does not help you, but again off you go, get on with it.

I guess whilst I think increasing property prices are not a good thing and ideally would be no more than the standard rate of inflation, with a rising population, the reluctance of any government we are likely to get to control immigration lest they be deemed to be racist, relationship splits, Buy-to Let mortgages and the ridiculous Help-to-Buy, which no government will have the courage to stop, I cannot see prices crashing in areas where there is a lot of employment.

According the Land registry figures the cities which are now less expensive that prior to the 2007 crash are

Belfast minus 47.7%

Manchester minus 5.1%

Glasgow minus 12.8%

Leeds minus 6.4%

Birmingham minus 3.9%

Sheffield minus 3.8%

Newcastle minus 8.5%

Liverpool minus 14%

Edinburgh minus 5.8%

All of those cities have seen price increases over the last 12 months and many of the negative figures are small so hardly a crash.

Weird. Anyone called "I live ion HPC" really must get out more. There is a whole world out there.

This is why I have not bothered to post as anyone who does not predict HPC or is not totally negative and doom does not necessarily foresee a HPC is called a troll or an estate agent. I am neither and have a masters degree so all the childish insults about not having a GCSE and being an estate agent are rather puerile and infantile. That said, if that is how you get your kicks you get on with it, it really is fine I will not bother to argue.

I think that maybe those who do that are driven by envy and angst as they have not bought a home and resent other who have or who can do. Bitterness does not help you, but again off you go, get on with it.

I guess whilst I think increasing property prices are not a good thing and ideally would be no more than the standard rate of inflation, with a rising population, the reluctance of any government we are likely to get to control immigration lest they be deemed to be racist, relationship splits, Buy-to Let mortgages and the ridiculous Help-to-Buy, which no government will have the courage to stop, I cannot see prices crashing in areas where there is a lot of employment.

According the Land registry figures the cities which are now less expensive that prior to the 2007 crash are

Belfast minus 47.7%

Manchester minus 5.1%

Glasgow minus 12.8%

Leeds minus 6.4%

Birmingham minus 3.9%

Sheffield minus 3.8%

Newcastle minus 8.5%

Liverpool minus 14%

Edinburgh minus 5.8%

All of those cities have seen price increases over the last 12 months and many of the negative figures are small so hardly a crash.

I've met plenty of people with Mickey mouse masters degrees. Just means you had the spare family money to stay on the booze for an additional year. Doesn't mean sh#t. An MA in being professionally curious. A borderline pass.

Belfast minus 47.7%

Manchester minus 5.1%

Glasgow minus 12.8%

Leeds minus 6.4%

Birmingham minus 3.9%

Sheffield minus 3.8%

Newcastle minus 8.5%

Liverpool minus 14%

Edinburgh minus 5.8%

Hello

You ask a fair question. To be frank I think houses are generally over-valued but I'm not bright enough to be able to tell you if there will be a crash....the momentum in property prices seems particularly strong and the government seems to be prepared to throw money at the market, so it seems to me rational economic analysis is useless.

Anyway,I wondered what you think? Are house prices going to rise further from here; and if so what is going to drive that increase. Also, what is your view on mortgage availability, the future path of interest rates, taxation of buy to let property and overseas property investment?

I'd be interested in your views.

Guest curiousguy21

Yes as i say more infantile abuse from an internet troll, just get on with it if it makes you feel better it is fine. As it happens my degree is from Balliol College Oxford where is yours from?

Unfortunately you seem to have anger issues and make bizarre comments about a person you know nothing about, but hey ho off you go :)

I guess you have no money on your family which is why you resent those who have made a success of their lives.

Yes as i say more infantile abuse from an internet troll, just get on with it if it makes you feel better it is fine. As it happens my degree is from Balliol College Oxford where is yours from?

Unfortunately you seem to have anger issues and make bizarre comments about a person you know nothing about, but hey ho off you go :)

I guess you have no money on your family which is why you resent those who have made a success of their lives.

Oh posh boy with a 3rd class arty degree from Oxbridge, still lacking numeracy

You said you had a masters? (I know they convert to a masters after a few years at Oxbridge, nevertheless they're not an actual masters)

It's starting to look a lot like 2001 when I bought my first house... lots of crap houses that have been previously hanging around on the market for a very long time suddenly get snapped up by panic buyers.

Hate to say it but I'm not seeing any indications of a HPC any time soon.

There was a poll on the site recently. Most seemed to predict October this year.

Your comment about Greece is interesting. Remember what the previous mini crash was caused by, eg Northern Rock. We have no control over it. Unfortunately there's no such thing as a 'safe haven', in fact a lot of the smart foreign money seems to be getting out of London now.

It's starting to look a lot like 2001 when I bought my first house... lots of crap houses that have been previously hanging around on the market for a very long time suddenly get snapped up by panic buyers.

Hate to say it but I'm not seeing any indications of a HPC any time soon.

And promptly go back on the market when said buyers can't get a mortgage, before being withdrawn by the seller who's "not giving it away". Mind you affordability isn't stretched n the slightest.

Oh posh boy with a 3rd class arty degree from Oxbridge, still lacking numeracy

You said you had a masters? (I know they convert to a masters after a few years at Oxbridge, nevertheless they're not an actual masters)

That's unfair. There's a lot more to it than just converting...

I had to fill in a form and pay £12 for mine.

That's unfair. There's a lot more to it than just converting...

I had to fill in a form and pay £12 for mine.

A bit like that getting one from many former polys too (doesn't quite have the cachet tho) Edited by Si1