House Price Crash Forum

Diddums Can't Sell To A Londoner

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-33553757.html

Description: Filter House was converted from an Edwardian water pump house in 2000 by a reputable local builder. The property retains inherent character and blends this with modern fittings and well designed and proportioned accommodation expected from a house of this stature. Having part Lakeland stone walls with slate detailing and feature archways to the exterior under a pitched slated roof.

http://www.lakedistrict.gov.uk/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=7/2014/5610&backURL=%3Ca%20href=wphappcriteria.display%3ESearch%20Criteria%3C/a%3E%20%3E%20%3Ca%20href=%27wphappsearchres.displayResultsURL?ResultID=945005%26StartIndex=31%26SortOrder=apnkey%20desc%26DispResultsAs=WPHAPPSEARCHRES%26BackURL=%3Ca%20href=wphappcriteria.display%3ESearch%20Criteria%3C/a%3E%27%3ESearch%20Results%3C/a%3E

HOLA444
HOLA445
“The applicant has struggled to sell the dwelling; he has become a prisoner so it is causing hardship.”

Somewhere between what he is asking for it now and a fiver there is a local who would be willing and able to buy that property. Time to start cutting the price until you find out where!

HOLA446

Somewhere between what he is asking for it now and a fiver there is a local who would be willing and able to buy that property. Time to start cutting the price until you find out where!

Nail on head. These idiots need a sharp wake-up call.

Let the market roll :D

HOLA447
HOLA448

It's my human right to buy cheaply due to National Park laws and sell to a Londoner overriding the National Park laws.

Edited by Killer Bunny

HOLA449

It sounds as if the occupancy restriction has been worded so that the house could be owned by a non-local but let to a local. Not that that is much help as a local could probably only afford a small rent so it's not a business proposition.

The FT being the FT would of course publish the owner's perspective rather than the locals trapped in their parents' houses etc because of prices being so crazy.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

While I agree the restriction is an ass - presumably the property was bought on that understanding. It will sell - but perhaps not for 900K.

The restriction must be part and parcel of the national park restrictions, that preserve the physical and human landscape and its beauty, which help make it so desirable for Londoners to overpay for houses in the first place

You can't have one without the other.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I'm all for Natioanl PArk restrictions. Call me crazy but I'd rather my great great grand kids don;t grow up in a concrete world.

Restrictions on building in national parks are one (absolutely fine) thing, but restrictions on who can own property there based on ancestry seem rather less reasonable.

HOLA4414

Restrictions on building in national parks are one (absolutely fine) thing, but restrictions on who can own property there based on ancestry seem rather less reasonable.

I understand the reasoning behind it is to preserve the local way of life which in turn preserves the historical landscape which is based on human use of the land, in this country anyway. Many of the fells in the lake district were, prior to human farming, thick in forrest, its special landscape depends on the community that resides there.

Edited by Si1

HOLA4415

The restrictions are hardly that strict:

"A person employed, about to be employed or last employed in Cumbria; or

A person who has, for the period of 3 years immediately preceding his occupation, had his only or principle residence in Cumbria. "

And the restrictions were ONLY imposed because he wanted to convert it. I.e., the planning permission to turn it into a £900k monstrosity was based on that condition.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417