House Price Crash Forum

Inside Track Part Deux

HOLA441

Had to cut it short by an hour last time, no such luck (for them) tomorrow. The guy on the phone re-confirming the booking has suggested that I`ll have to sit through the first 2 hours again, rather than arrive for the final hour, as they lock the doors apparently. I mentioned that Vlad the Impailer had a similar strategy, to my astonishment he got the joke :blink:

Anyhow, it`ll be interesting to see the pitch tomorrow given that so much of the pitch was Sipps related last Monday. I`ll mention Sipps and the mortgage works (portman) and smartnewhomes, anything else? (bear in mind softly softly throttle monkey) :D

I feel good that tomorow they are in my Manor, so to speak. Also ironic that tomorrows seminar is at the same hotel that had a very poor auction sale last week :P

Edited by Converted Lurker

HOLA442
Had to cut it short by an hour last time, no such luck (for them) tomorrow. The guy on the phone re-confirming the booking has suggested that I`ll have to sit through the first 2 hours again, rather than arrive for the final hour, as they lock the doors apparently. I mentioned that Vlad the Impailer had a similar strategy, to my astonishment he got the joke :blink:

Anyhow, it`ll be interesting to see the pitch tomorrow given that so much of the pitch was Sipps related last Monday. I`ll mention Sipps and the mortgage works (portman) and smartnewhomes, anything else? (bear in mind softly softly throttle monkey) :D

I feel good that tomorow they are in my Manor, so to speak. Also ironic that tomorrows seminar is at the same hotel that had a very poor auction sale last week :P

Good luck. Let us know how you get on!

HOLA443

Good luck. Let us know how you get on!

Thanks Jason, luck`s not in it, I`ll pose reasonable questions, in a well mannered way, if they question my motives my attitude is "well convince me" I`m not there to ruin it for them, simply de-bunk it. Fascinated to know if the same plants are there given the close proximity to Manchester.

HOLA444

Thanks Jason, luck`s not in it, I`ll pose reasonable questions, in a well mannered way, if they question my motives my attitude is "well convince me" I`m not there to ruin it for them, simply de-bunk it. Fascinated to know if the same plants are there given the close proximity to Manchester.

Good luck and you sound well prepared to present your arguments.

Just take care that they don't try to ridicule you as an attempt to "bind" the others there to their view.

You could be presented as the "loser", a prime example of someone not prepared to seize life's chances blah, blah.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Check the shapes of the ass-grooves in the seats.

Could you ask that now the portman won't do BTL mortgages on new builds could they recommend a building society or bank that does?

I don't want a loan just to know what banks to sell shares in...

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

CL's back on the site, how did it go?

OK, stayed for the final hour this time, managed to have pre-seminar chats with a couple of attendees and one of the..ahem...success stories. Attendees..talking to one of them pre meeting he was actually going to go home, I convinced him to stay :o on the basis that it was entertaining if nothing else. Approx. 100 attended, I`d estimate 15-20 left before the end of the 3 hours. The final hour was interesting, the speaker Dennis guaranteed that the delegates would make money, he also stated that plans for a floatation were now shelved due to SIPPS. He was less convincing than last time, but is absolutely paranoid re. interruptions. His volume of diatribe is so massive its akin to a wall of noise, it`s deliberate of course.

Cost of course is now 1250 if you do it in pairs, that`s down from 3999 :D

He airbrushed over the SIPPS bombshell, did his nevereverneverever sell an investment property, stressed using other peoples money, insisted that the discount of property purchases was immediate profit... <_< Then we get the success stories, Steve? same one as last week, portfolio worth 2mil 470ish equity, that`s grown since last week..well at least in his own head. Then we had mousey woman I`d spoken to pre-meeting who did not know of: the Portman news, SIPPS, smartnewhomes data showing 5% falls on new builds, tax implications, or land reg now placing fees on multiple purchases or that the whole plan was based on prices continuing the rise of the last three years :unsure: Felt sorry for her when she got up and told the assembled that she went on the 3999 course in Feb then bought her first buy to let flat in August, I was sinking down in my chair by this time. Only later did I finally realise that she is exactly the reason these courses should be ended, she`s lost 4k on the course and probably another 30K on a depreciaiting asset, scandalous, poor girl obviously just wants to feel successful.

At the end most left, I reckon approx. 15 stayed, some attended the back straight away to commit for the course.

Talking to several in the corridors you realise that the majority of people there are very negative, without prompting from me two guys suggested there were 3 actors/plants who got uo to sign up first, lots of questions re the fact that in order for the IT model to work again values will have to double again, one guy recognised me from the poor auction held there last Monday ;)

More later

HOLA4413

Good luck and you sound well prepared to present your arguments.

Just take care that they don't try to ridicule you as an attempt to "bind" the others there to their view.

You could be presented as the "loser", a prime example of someone not prepared to seize life's chances blah, blah.

You`re so on the money there, any attempt at asking questions was dealt with the brush off "can we leave any questions to the end, plenty of time then, want to concentrate on delivering this valuable info to you now" he really is a motor mouth, totally paranoid re. losing control of the room. He berated anyone that left, when they were well gone obviously.

There appeared to be approx. 6 that left together after a pitch from one guy who had just apparently bought 7mil worth of flats in Edinburgh, he and his buddy had only paid 5mil, so thats` 2 mil profit (not 2 mil discount) :blink: They`d used..yawn..other peoples money, and paid their contribution by credit card. He did the bit on IT changing his life around in the last two years that he`s being investing. Might want to invest in a decent suit, perhaps he can`t `cos his cards are maxed out. He asked if anyone knew the reasons why Edinburgh has done so well, I said "perhaps the Scottish parliament but that impact has been and gone" cocked a deaf`un and moved on. What a *****.

I thought there might be a questions session at the end..there wasn`t :angry: Asked them a couple of questions myself, blanked basically. One question re SIPPS met with a smirk, "you can`t do any damage now everyone has gone". They`re only there to take other peoples money and get fees from the developers.

The biggest indicator for me was the price, 3999 now 2500 split it with somone else 1250. They know the game is up. :blink::o

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Great stuff CL.

Thanks for taking the time to do this and let us know all about it.

Much appreciated.

NDL

nice one CL.

....tell you what will be a buzz.....why not keep going to these seminars,and OUT the plants!!!

if they have 15 muppets ready to sign up it's still 15 too many.

to make things doubly interesting,why not tell us where they are in advance so one of us can "relay" with you.....that way,if they bar you then we already have another in position to take up the outing baton.

HOLA4416

to make things doubly interesting,why not tell us where they are in advance so one of us can "relay" with you.....that way,if they bar you then we already have another in position to take up the outing baton.

Decided to sign up for another myself, it's been 18mths since I went last time, you can book via their website.

Came accross this other new start-up selling a crap "get rich quick dream"

I thought this thing had all been and gone....it's sooo 2003

http://www.newstartestates.co.uk/page.asp

HOLA4417

Thanks for all the positive comments, real shame for me is that two of the major media sources, one of whom has criticised them often, would not stump up the fee for me to go a bit deeper. Perhaps that IT are very litigious currently has a bearing. However, attending the course and printing the findings you`d think would be an excellent article and not open to action <_<

Further thoughts are that these guys are well connected in media circles therefore preventing dissenting voices. If you spend 500K a month promoting yourself in the main media sources it normally guarantees a level of protection ;)

HOLA4418

Thanks for all the positive comments, real shame for me is that two of the major media sources, one of whom has criticised them often, would not stump up the fee for me to go a bit deeper. Perhaps that IT are very litigious currently has a bearing. However, attending the course and printing the findings you`d think would be an excellent article and not open to action <_<

Further thoughts are that these guys are well connected in media circles therefore preventing dissenting voices. If you spend 500K a month promoting yourself in the main media sources it normally guarantees a level of protection ;)

enjoyed the insight,

Cheers CL