House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gigantic Purple Slug

Hpc Collective Misery Melt Up : Glastonbury

We could always tell them what their tents are worth (with twigs in vases :wacko: )!

Glastonbury is quite near me, but I have never been! :blink:

You mean crapping in a big trench doesn't appeal to you ?

No! It can get quite horrible! The only "festivals" I went to were the Fairport Convention ones in Cropredy! Because my friend's wife is a bit disabled, we all got a ticket to the "family friendly field". The bogs were much better, and you had a nice view of the stage!

I don't understand why anybody would be willing to book tickets for a music festival before the bands are announced.

The answer of course is that to the people that go it's not about the music, it's about "the event". I have no desire at all to spend any time around people like that, and so for that reason I'm out.

No! It can get quite horrible! The only "festivals" I went to were the Fairport Convention ones in Cropredy! Because my friend's wife is a bit disabled, we all got a ticket to the "family friendly field". The bogs were much better, and you had a nice view of the stage!

I saw Fairport Convention on several of their fairwell tours in the 1970's.

The won't go away despite their promises!

If you can see the stage from the bogs, can the performers see you having a poo?

bloody townies.

If you can see the stage from the bogs, can the performers see you having a poo?

Perhaps Mr P is keeping it quiet, and he's the headliner on saturday night - his act involves lots of vomiting and miming to chaka kahn...

The roads of Pylle, Ditcheat and East Pennard will be choca block full of bloody townies...

I managed to shift my ass once. Wasn't worth it.

Me too!

My relationship with my best mate never recovered to its pre-glasto state either. 98 was a bad year.

I intend going when I'm 40 with my new BFF. Maybe I should take the wife instead.

They can probably seem me playing my ukulele! :unsure:

Too big. My 6th year at Kendal Calling in a few weeks. I can't recommend it enough.

I'm hopefully going to the End Of The Road festival near Shaftesbury in the next couple of months...

Too big. My 6th year at Kendal Calling in a few weeks. I can't recommend it enough.

Stop it! It's nearly in Penrith, and what good is the f1cking country! With all that horizontal rain, guitars will fill with water.

Been.

Does not compare to the fun I had by myself on a beach with a bottle of scotch, 1/2 once of dope and a fully charged mp3 player.

Been.

Does not compare to the fun I had by myself on a beach with a bottle of scotch, 1/2 once of dope and a fully charged mp3 player.

I don't think it was an MP3 player. It was a "giant black size"An8l Intruder! :blink:

Stop it! It's nearly in Penrith, and what good is the f1cking country! With all that horizontal rain, guitars will fill with water.

Last year was a monumental mud bath. Now I've had that experience I'd like sunstroke this year instead.

Oh and by the way, I do like to get carried away with fancy dress. This year's theme is "your favourite decade". I prefer to subvert these things and my best idea thus far was to doff a hat to the seventies, going as Jimmy Savile. Unfortunately though, as my wife is a school teacher, she feels it's best not to go in an Ann Summers naughty schoolgirl outfit.

Other suggestions are welcome. Could I use the forties and go as John Maynard Keynes perhaps?

Looked the pictures of all the people queuing, this morning, and they all looked like off the shelf fashion victims. Anyone over the age of being too old to be at university wihout being a mature student, thinking of going, needs a word with themselves. I suppose it keeps the tent and nasty four wheel garden trolley factories, in China, busy.

As time wears on a lot of these events look more like North Korean government style officially mandated fun organised for the workers.

Never went to Glasto at an age when it would have been fair enough as didn't really appeal. Have been forced along to Womad, a few times, where posh Cotswolds folk pretend to like African tribal music. It was also like the afermath of a crash between a Boden and a Cath Kidston lorry.

Oh and by the way, I do like to get carried away with fancy dress. This year's theme is "your favourite decade". I prefer to subvert these things and my best idea thus far was to doff a hat to the seventies, going as Jimmy Savile. Unfortunately though, as my wife is a school teacher, she feels it's best not to go in an Ann Summers naughty schoolgirl outfit.

Other suggestions are welcome. Could I use the forties and go as John Maynard Keynes perhaps?

I'd be tempted to just get my balls out...

I've been a few times. It's good fun and I've always ended up discovering new music that I like that I wouldn't otherwise have heard but, to be honest, it's a bit of a feat of endurance too.

As time wears on a lot of these events look more like North Korean government style officially mandated fun organised for the workers.

I agree, it's like religion without the 'god' bit. Comic relief is the same.... It's like Christmas, but for everyone, of any faith! I don't pay my taxes only to be forced to give to charity. FFS!

Yes, like Comic Relief, the crass mainstreamness of the "fun" on offer. Does anyone ever admit to going to Glastonbury, and hating it?