House Price Crash Forum
bollo

Southport

Hi currently living in Scotland and considering moving south towards the Manchester area.

Anyone got any views on Southport. We are considering it as an option that would be a seaside town commutable from Manchester or Liverpool. Doesn't seem to have the price tag of Lytham but same distance to Manchester.

Any local views whether its a buy, view or avoid type of place?

I grew up in Formby which is close by. There are some fantastic woodlands and beaches around the coastline. When I was younger I thought that Southport was a little boring (other than the arcades) so that is probably a reasonable indication that it is a good place to live. It's been 20 years since I was last there but if it is still comparable then it was a nice enough place. I never had trouble on my regular trips there for shopping, swimming or nightclubs. If I was moving back to that area I would certainly be happy considering it.

As for the commute to Manchester ... your welcome to it. That's because I don't like commuting and I think it is about an hours drive isn't it?

I haven't given you much to go on but that's life.

Edited by doahh

When I was growing up in Liverpool, Southport was one of the places people moved to if they 'made it'.

The train service to Liverpool is good, albeit a bit shabby. A Saveaway costs about a fiver, will take you from Southport to Speke and a fair bit of the Wirral. Ferry boats too.

I'd suggest a weekend or full holiday there, it does have a certain charm.

Posh; apparently.

13znx3m.jpg