House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

workingpoor

Austrian Car Crash And Knife Rampage Not Terror Attack.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-33211479

A 26yr old Bosnian man drove a 4x4 at 100km/h into crowds of shoppers killing 3 and injuring 34, then leapt from the vehicle to continue attacking bystanders with a knife.

BBC saying it's not terror related? getting a bit fed up with the biased reporting from some media outlets attempting to downplay incidents like these,

like a similar recent attack in canada where the "deranged attacker" later turned out to have links to the syrian oposition.

By the very definition of 'terror' - this is a terror attack.

Now whether it is linked to any political, religious or racist angle - is another matter.

Pish PC reporting - as per usual.

Guest eight

What I really want to know is whether it was a hate crime.

As opposed to one of those "I really like you" crimes?

its missing the vital elements....race, guns and religion.

It does have whats missing if the above are included....Mental Ilness.

Not holding my breath waiting for Obama to urge Congress to ban fast cars :D

This, days after he complained that America suffers more from such attacks than "other advanced [gun-banning] countries", ignoring 7/7, Madrid 2004 etc. Once again it's quite plain that people kill people; the instruments are myriad, and immaterial.

I thought it was just full of nuns and Nazis! :blink:

Not holding my breath waiting for Obama to urge Congress to ban fast cars :D

This, days after he complained that America suffers more from such attacks than "other advanced [gun-banning] countries", ignoring 7/7, Madrid 2004 etc. Once again it's quite plain that people kill people; the instruments are myriad, and immaterial.

Cars have other uses. Knives have other uses. Guns don't.

If he'd had a gun instead of a knife more people would probably have been killed.

Is it my imagination or are there more of these 'weird' (but still horrendously tragic) 'amok' killing spree type crimes - everywhere?

I mean 'nutters' have always been around yet we didn't see these sorts of things 2 generations ago? or did we?

Maybe it's something in the water? or the air? :ph34r:

What I object to is that as soon as the shooting happened in the US this week, there were pictures of the white suspect, plus name, plus clear statements of it being a racist attack.

This happens, and the BBC:

i) calls it a car CRASH rather than attempted murder. The man was stabbing people ffsake - not 'unconfirmed reports'

ii) BBC and authorities quick to say NOT terrorism, despite bosnian refugee background of suspect

iii) no mention of religion of suspect. This is known by this point - how could it not be?

iv) no pictures of the suspect? REALLY? A crowd of hundreds, most with mobile phones?

It is beyond parody that any white person committing a crime, especially if 'right wing' as labelled by the BBC, has everything wrapped and presented within hours. Immigrants, muslims, and other favoured children of the BBC are kept as shadowy non-persons.

The bias is clear - and disgusting.

Hey, steady on!

We have a long and very solid linguistic history here. If you cause death with a car, no matter whether it's intentional or not, the word is "accident". The media always say so, and so do the courts. Not even the mighty BBC can take on the all-powerful motoring lobby and change that.

Hey, steady on!

We have a long and very solid linguistic history here. If you cause death with a car, no matter whether it's intentional or not, the word is "accident". The media always say so, and so do the courts. Not even the mighty BBC can take on the all-powerful motoring lobby and change that.

They certainly do not. There have been several cases of cars being driven into people outside nightclubs and these are not described as accidents.

Hey, steady on!

No, thats not right...the Press might call it an accident, but certainly when I got runover, the Police were first seeng if there was evidence of attempted murder.

Murder is a death with malice aforethought.

(B) Intention to cause G.B.H.

In R v Vickers [1957] 2 QB 664, the Court of Appeal held that a defendant could be convicted of murder if it was established that he had intended to kill, or had intended grievous bodily harm. The latter was accepted as sufficient mens rea for murder because if a defendant was willing to inflict g.b.h., how was he to know that the victim might not die? An intention to cause g.b.h. at least evidenced a willingness to accept a substantial risk that the victim might die.

More info trickling out...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3133285/Victim-Austrian-killing-just-got-married-two-weeks-ago-emerges-lone-assassin-killed-two-barred-family-home-domestic-violence.html

Probably not a terror (ie political, connected to other cells) attack, unless the state is very good at covering up his past or he is the worlds worst self publicist...

More info trickling out...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3133285/Victim-Austrian-killing-just-got-married-two-weeks-ago-emerges-lone-assassin-killed-two-barred-family-home-domestic-violence.html

Probably not a terror (ie political, connected to other cells) attack, unless the state is very good at covering up his past or he is the worlds worst self publicist...

The speed goes up daily though...high speed, then 100kph and now 90mph.

What I object to is that as soon as the shooting happened in the US this week, there were pictures of the white suspect, plus name, plus clear statements of it being a racist attack.

This happens, and the BBC:

i) calls it a car CRASH rather than attempted murder. The man was stabbing people ffsake - not 'unconfirmed reports'

ii) BBC and authorities quick to say NOT terrorism, despite bosnian refugee background of suspect

iii) no mention of religion of suspect. This is known by this point - how could it not be?

iv) no pictures of the suspect? REALLY? A crowd of hundreds, most with mobile phones?

It is beyond parody that any white person committing a crime, especially if 'right wing' as labelled by the BBC, has everything wrapped and presented within hours. Immigrants, muslims, and other favoured children of the BBC are kept as shadowy non-persons.

The bias is clear - and disgusting.

What nonsense. Bosnians are white too you know?

Or are only 'nordic aryans' truly 'white' in your world view? :wacko:

Or are only 'aryans' truly 'white' in your world view? :wacko:

all Bosnians are white?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-33211479

A 26yr old Bosnian man drove a 4x4 at 100km/h into crowds of shoppers killing 3 and injuring 34, then leapt from the vehicle to continue attacking bystanders with a knife.

BBC saying it's not terror related? getting a bit fed up with the biased reporting from some media outlets attempting to downplay incidents like these,

like a similar recent attack in canada where the "deranged attacker" later turned out to have links to the syrian oposition.

was he refused a mortgage the day before ?

Or are only 'nordic aryans' truly 'white' in your world view? :wacko:

My point is that is he was white, christian, it would have been reported. I know Bosnians can be both.

all Bosnians are white?

Pretty much!

What else should they be in your opinion?

they are what they are. I can draw no conclusion about what a Bosnian might be. He might have green eyes for all I know. And I HATE green eyes.