House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fru-gal

The Bling Brothers: How A Boast Too Far Has Landed The Brash Tory Donors Behind Britain's Most Expensive Flats In A Very Embarrassing Tax Tangle

As if they won't have the tax angles covered with all the lawyers and accountants etc they employ.

It's basically an article just rubbing it all in and saying look how wealthy and blingy you can become with property. Look at how wealthy property developers are. Buy now,

Edited by billybong

I thought Trump was a serial bankrupt.

Trump was on Twitter yesterday saying that he was never bankrupt; he just abused the bankruptcy laws to make better deals.

Stop saying I went bankrupt. I never went bankrupt but like many great business people have used the laws to corporate advantage—smart!

People buy deals & immediately put them into bankruptcy in order to make better deals. It’s a very effective & commonly used business tool.

My guess is that the times rich list estimated their wealth from their assets minute liabilities, so the reason they can't get on the rich list is because they owe any awful lot too

Started with 6 million of inherited wealth off their aunty, apparently, and used this as deposit on loads of leverage, and they're still heavily exposed to central London property.

A big tax bill and a fall in London House prices could possibly completely take them out.

Edited by Si1

Trump was on Twitter yesterday saying that he was never bankrupt; he just abused the bankruptcy laws to make better deals.

Stop saying I went bankrupt. I never went bankrupt but like many great business people have used the laws to corporate advantage—smart!

People buy deals & immediately put them into bankruptcy in order to make better deals. It’s a very effective & commonly used business tool.

God, he really is repulsive, isnt he?

A true Republican 'free market' type.

I didnt think it was possible to have a worse choice than Miliband or Cameron, but if Hitlery and the cretin Trump get to the election...I pity the yanks.

I thought Trump was a serial bankrupt.

He was.

I'd always thought Trump was used as the a dummy fro people making the money.

Search through Vanity fair, they have the most dirt on him - and much to come when he dies.

Werent they basically bankrupt in 2009?

But, like Trump, they were too big to fail.

I'd always thought the Candies were 'facilitating' Russian money.

You've probably drawn your own conclusion when the Russian money legged it in ~2009, Candie's developments stalled.

My guess is that the times rich list estimated their wealth from their assets minute liabilities, so the reason they can't get on the rich list is because they owe any awful lot too

Started with 6 million of inherited wealth off their aunty, apparently, and used this as deposit on loads of leverage, and they're still heavily exposed to central London property.

A big tax bill and a fall in London House prices could possibly completely take them out.

Just before we get all too sympathetic and tearful eyed imagining on how they're HPC at risk.. 'after what is now years of QE galore from Central Banks'...

One of them is building a super mansion for himself in London. 35 bathrooms. Does that suggest any fear of HPC/money problems?

Even if they were 7 family houses, that would be very generous housing space imo.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2744849/The-house-WON-T-Candy-crush-Man-Britain-s-expensive-development-buys-row-SEVEN-grade-I-listed-building-turn-mega-mansion-himself.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2943101/Property-tycoon-Christian-Candy-upsets-neighbours-buying-stretch-road-create-private-garden-200million-mansion.html

Anyway; back to the wider excuse giving whilst even more super-mansions are built in the innocence / victim land / owners don't care about every penny of equity and don't rub their hands at hope of ever more HPI.