House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Executive Sadman

When Its On The Internet, Its There Forever!

Is this really true? I know its generally used as a warning for when drunk people upload pics of themselves or say stuff they might regret.

In my case I wanted to find some old photos taken around 2003/4 a nightclub photo gallery had of me and some uni mates. Club closed years ago. Nothing on waybackmachine.

So is it really true? Is there some big repository of everything ever, or when a company shuts down and doesnt maintain its servers does stuff disappear from the web?

It's true in the sense that it's trivial to copy content (e.g. pictures) from one website to another.

So stuff that's interesting (e.g drunk girls flashing their tits, politicians dressed up as nazis for a fancy-dress party, ...) will be copied over and over again, and achieve a kind of immortality, even if the original data is removed.

On the other hand, a photo of a bunch of drunk lads gurning for the camera is not noteworthy (sorry!) so will probably disappear into the mists of time.

A politely worded request to GCHQ usually does the trick for me. Mind you, I always cc them my emails, just to make sure they don't miss anything in the general round up.

It's true in the sense that it's trivial to copy content (e.g. pictures) from one website to another. So stuff that's interesting (e.g drunk girls flashing their tits, politicians dressed up as nazis for a fancy-dress party, ...) will be copied over and over again, and achieve a kind of immortality, even if the original data is removed. On the other hand, a photo of a bunch of drunk lads gurning for the camera is not noteworthy (sorry!) so will probably disappear into the mists of time.

Cheers, thought so.

Doubt the photos would be of any interest to anyone other than the fat speccy girl with acne that used to follow me around. :wacko::lol:

A politely worded request to GCHQ usually does the trick for me. Mind you, I always cc them my emails, just to make sure they don't miss anything in the general round up.

#terrorism #osamaISIL #derkhaderkha #killBliarsdog

That ought to keep my watchers busy for a minute or two.

That ought to keep my watchers busy for a minute or two.

Expect armed police to storm your house within the next 24 hours... :ph34r:

The staff at GCHQ don't have access to email at work.