House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

50 Shades Of Drivel

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/the-most-tortured-prose-from-the-new-fifty-shades-book--ZkedTH1e5We

She has a fresh, wholesome fragrance that reminds me of my grandfather’s apple orchard.
She vomits again and again, her hands on the brick. It’s pitiful.
As we stand inside I make a mental note to f–k her in an elevator one day.

More choice quotes at the link, if you can take it.

Under normal circumstances her maladroitness would irritate the hell out of me…
Absentmindedly, she wipes a crumb from the corner of her lips and into her mouth and sucks on her finger. My **** twitches in response.
What am I, fourteen?
She’s too young. She’s too inexperienced but, damn, I like the feel of her hand in mine.
I watch her dunk the teabag in the teapot. It’s an elaborate and messy spectacle…As she tells me she likes her tea weak and black, for a moment I think she’s describing what she likes in a man.
Get a grip, Grey.
She’s talking about tea.

Not more unfortunate allusion to American Psycho. Wasn't that written in the male first person too?

she’s describing what she likes in a man. Get a grip, Grey. She’s talking about tea.

Under normal circumstances her maladroitness would irritate the hell out of me…

I think you'll find that quote is actually from 'Fifty Shades of Earl Grey'

Milking it for all she can. If people (women in this case) are dumb enough to pay for this nonsense - then fair play.

Not more unfortunate allusion to American Psycho. Wasn't that written in the male first person too?

Phew, I thought someone had stumbled upon my diary although it wasn't quite my style.

Has there been any good articles from the lefty feminist types trying to explain why women love this book so much?

Guest eight

Phew, I thought someone had stumbled upon my diary although it wasn't quite my style.

My wife left a diary on her bedside table the other day, and I couldn't resist a sneaky peek. Good job I did - turns out she is love with some guy called Peter. I'm going to track him down and give him a good hiding, if we ever get out of this loft.

Has there been any good articles from the lefty feminist types trying to explain why women love this book so much?

Women are strange!