House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anonguest

Words Fail Me!

Lord.

If assuming this involved recent immigration from Africa makes me racist - then so be it !!

The sheer savagery of it instantly reminds me of the shit that happens daily in many African countries.

(Not to say sick ******* are all over the place of course)

Lord.

If assuming this involved recent immigration from Africa makes me racist - then so be it !!

The sheer savagery of it instantly reminds me of the shit that happens daily in many African countries.

(Not to say sick ******* are all over the place of course)

The article didn't say that. Just said they were black in crash helmets. No doubt we will find out more.

Probably a hit by a pair of foot-soldiers for a gang member who doesn't want to be a baby daddy and the baby mommy doesn't want an abortion

Gang thuggery at it's finest

That seems to me to be a reasonable explanation. Not many facts let out yet.

Do I detect hints of disapproval in this thread?

You should be tolerant of other peoples' cultural behaviour. After all, it's Peckham.

I would rather live in Croydon, and I have!

Lord.

)

They were not African. They were British-Somalian....

The article didn't say that. Just said they were black in crash helmets. No doubt we will find out more.

Well yes indeed. Just an initial reaction. People from certain parts of the world have a reputation for certain things.

Not fair on the decent ones of course. However reputations are usually built on reality (sometimes !!)

Indeed.

Couldn't she have just fallen down the stairs? Far more civilised.

A bottle of gin and a hot bath dear boy.

They were not African. They were British-Somalian....

Britsh by birth or British by naturalisation? What ever the case it's incredibly sad, still, what life would it have had being born into an area with people like that around?

Hopefully they are found and sentenced to a minimum of 30 years.

Do I detect hints of disapproval in this thread?

You should be tolerant of other peoples' cultural behaviour. After all, it's Peckham.

wow full of empathy :blink:

That sort of thing is definitely not very British.

"johnny Bloody Foreigner!" Bloody awful! :o

That sort of thing is definitely not very British.

THAT was one of the thoughts that went through my mind when reading the article. There are so many things that beggar belief from this story.

I was going to try and chip in with a follow up response/comment by now but, I must confess, the sheer awfulness of the nature of this particular crime really does leave me still largely lost for words. Part of the shock is that thought that this sort of thing, which one associates with the most culturally backwards places on Earth where women are treated like third class persons, took place HERE. On the streets of London,. In broad daylight!

Another thing is how little prominence this story has received - buried away in a 'local' section. In my opinion this should be headlines AND the perpetrators be treated as Britains most wanted. Have we really become so accustomed to violence and brutality that this sort of thing doesn't make 'front page' news anymore?

And dontcha just love the quaint old Dixon of Dock Green language that plod still use......."woman who was assaulted". I can think of much more descriptive language.

But the one 'takeaway' from the article, that sticks with me, is "Both men continually kicked and stamped on her stomach"!!!! :o

Just how devoid of humanity and damaged as a human being does one have to be to continually pound away at a pregnant woman - and not be affected by such actions??!!

... how little prominence this story has received - buried away in a 'local' section.

ditto

I'm no pro-lifer, but I can't help see this as anything but one of the most callous, wanton examples of child murder and GBH I've heard of in some time, and it happened in our most populous city in plain view.

Is this really less newsworthy than :

Stephen Lawrence?

Damilola Taylor?

Baby Peter?

Victoria Climbie?

Lee Rigby?

?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-33177590

Kevin Wilson. Ah well there goes my assumption !!

This bit adds even more to the shocking nature of the case. What the actual ****** ?!

<<<<<The woman waited more than an hour for an ambulance that never arrived.

She was eventually taken to hospital by police after a 70-minute wait but lost her baby in the early hours of Tuesday.

The London Ambulance Service issued an apology for no ambulance reaching her and said the first 999 call, made by a member of the public, had been assessed as a "lower priority call">>>>>

Interesting this happened on Monday night but up until now - as already mentioned - it has has very little coverage.

Until this morning - and now it's the main news.

With all the rest of the race/religion nonsense going on just now - I do wonder if this was 'held back' until they knew the background of the men involved.

Sounds a bit much but with all that's bubbling up - I wouldn't be surprised.

I reckon a few D notices are about just now....