House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Caitlin Argyle, 17, Is Asking People To Pre-Book In Her Future Gold Coast Home To Pay The $48,000 Deposit

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/realestate/buying/caitlin-argyle-17-is-asking-people-to-pre-book-in-her-future-gold-coast-home-to-pay-the-48000-deposit/story-fni0cate-1227402303389

THE property market on the Gold Coast can be near-impossible to break into for young people but a savvy 17-year-old might have come up with an ingenious solution.

Caitlin Argyle wants to crowd fund her first home deposit. But it’s not quite that simple.

Her plan is to convince 70 people to pre-book one week of accommodation in her future Surfers Paradise home, pay upfront and use the money to pay for a deposit.

The sweetener is that for every 10 people who book, she will give away a one-week stay to a family with a child suffering cancer “so they can have a break and enjoy themselves”.

In a video posted to YouTube last week, Caitlin said she was not looking for a handout.

An interesting plan to get on the housing ladder. Clearly nothing to do with over priced housing.

How does a 17 year old have "90% loan already secured" - ("just need enough for deposit and first year expenses, rates, insurance and repairs").

Something like a $400,000 mortgage?

If crowdfunders can raise money for boomer Heathrow sleepers-in-airport former nimbys who helped stopped planning of development near their former plush house.. the let the money flow to her.

Only kids with cancer, what about other disabling and or fatal childhood diseases, being a bit picky?

She actually wants the funding to be a landlord. (Video beginning)

So why do I want a house? Well it's not to live in myself. I know investing my money is the best way to get ahead, and owning and renting a house is a great way to save for my future.

Bring on hardest HPC, to break the apologists/advertising/boomer-forever-HPI pushers.

She actually wants the funding to be a landlord. (Video beginning)

So why do I want a house? Well it's not to live in myself. I know investing my money is the best way to get ahead, and owning and renting a house is a great way to save for my future.

Bring on hardest HPC, to break the apologists/advertising/boomer-forever-HPI pushers.

Yes, I was just about to post this myself before I saw your post about it! Shocking, who the hell is lending her 90% on the strength of an after school job and ebaying?!

Who the hell would give someone money to book an holiday somewhere they don't yet own? I'm off to set up my crowd funding page so people can book a 1 week stay in Buckingham palace through me. Oy Lizzie, I have my deposit now, get out of my pad before my first punters arrived! :P

BTW

icon_comments_disabled-vflxokpZC.pngComments are disabled for this video.

who the hell is lending her 90% on the strength of an after school job and ebaying?!

She said she already has 90 per cent of the cost of the house covered - her parents have kindly guaranteed the money.

BOMAD? Would a bank lend the money with this backing?

“The next cycle could prove to be a super-cycle driven by Chinese investment and rapidly growing tourism numbers,” Fat Prophets CEO Angus Geddes told the AFR.

Caitlin is well on her way. And she might’ve picked the best time to buy.

Isn't now always the best to buy :rolleyes:

All these bullish Australian articles are really the sort of thing I have been waiting for from the UK press. Interesting times.

How the ****** can anyone possibly say this is the 'best time to buy" in Oz !!!

Nuts. Looking shaky. The Oz collapse is going to be incredible.

That's where I've been going wrong. I just need to sell a few golf balls online! :P

Edit to add: I am actually pretty impressed that she gets up at 6 AM to write out her daily goals! In more normal times, I'm sure she would have turned into a good investor/entrepreneur. Unfortunately we live in crazy house price ponzi times, where the only investment that anyone can see is HPI!

rtid the woman saying the nice things about the forever landlord economy girl.. "To get up at 6:30am and write out your life goals each morning.." has her own internet-marketing company.

http://ourinternetsecrets.com/why-did-channel-7-news-contact-this-17yo-to-do-a-story/

Wy would anyone give her a penny? If one wants to go to Oz to stay in a beach house, then go and pay a week's rent. Plenty of holiday co's offer this, it's nothing unique :rolleyes:

And there's always AirBnB or similar if you are looking to go independent.

Less risky than giving it to an aspiring rentier backed by her BOMAD parents, who might go bust or pull out of the purchase and never be heard of again.

Incredible article.

The sooner we get the massive bubble burst , the better for all. 17yr olds mincing about playing at rentiers. What an effin waste of a life/talent. :(

This is going to end well for Oz.

The banker parasites will make it work for them.

She has parents... looks like a nice house she's growing up in herself.

Where are her parents in the quest to take 90% BTL mortgage + 10% crowdfunded deposit.

You carry the borrower victims / forever HPI victims, if you want to.

I want bankers to win via HPC.