House Price Crash Forum

1 My Sister who last bought in 2006/7 (peak timed to absolute perfection) is now looking to buy again as prices keep going up and up.

2 Krusty As slop appearing on TFI Friday (did I dream this)

3 New Estate Agent Channel about to launch. Toppilicious behaviour.

4 Dramatic increase of posts on HPC along the lines of 'I know its going to crash, but I've bought anyway'

5 My Sister is a primary school teacher for added top picking kudos.

Feel free to share anything you've seen or heard which points to the market topping out. :unsure:

I already called it about a month ago !! :)

There were about 3 different programmes on within a week on ch4 and ch5 along the lines of "Millionaire houses of the UK" and other such tat.

Exactly the same in 2007. Not very scientific I agree !!

However things such as this and tallest buildings constructed etc.. do seem to be fairly accurate.

1 My Sister who last bought in 2006/7 (peak timed to absolute perfection) is now looking to buy again as prices keep going up and up.

2 Krusty As slop appearing on TFI Friday (did I dream this)

3 New Estate Agent Channel about to launch. Toppilicious behaviour.

4 Dramatic increase of posts on HPC along the lines of 'I know its going to crash, but I've bought anyway'

5 My Sister is a primary school teacher for added top picking kudos.

Feel free to share anything you've seen or heard which points to the market topping out. :unsure:

Good ones.

Maybe a topping out process but the only true sign of a top is when prices fall and can't rise back and take out the prior highs.

CNBC journo in City AM article this morning sayng China stock market is a mega-mega bubble that is about to explode.

If this "numpty" is shouting it , then the time has surely come.

Can just imagine all those far east investors trying to cover their losses by heading for the exits in the London property market and elsewhere. No ?

Little sis just bought a house despite worries that she may lose her job... (moving in with her fella).

She's keeping her flat to rent out, of course... :rolleyes: the logic being that nobody's buying at the moment. Couldn't make it up.

The reappearance of the idea of friends clubbing together to buy a house.

I know somebody who did that in about 2007/8 and I'm starting to hear about people thinking about doing that.

Good ones.

Maybe a topping out process but the only true sign of a top is when prices fall and can't rise back and take out the prior highs.

So gold & silver then. Oh and bonds. Yeah. Gift that keeps on giving.

Edited by R K

The reappearance of the idea of friends clubbing together to buy a house.

I know somebody who did that in about 2007/8 and I'm starting to hear about people thinking about doing that.

I know of people doing it. I know of people who lost out big time in 1990 doing this.

Everything in the last 12 months points to a massive nominal down leg now.

Unless the print money again. The poor people who can't afford to eat will be extra happy at that prospect.

Let them eat bricks.

The whole thing is a mess, the country needs one thing, much cheaper housing costs.

Everyone knows it.

Looking at the global financial situation, the whole thing is at a top. Bonds, stocks and houses across the world are at all time highs. There are some many potential triggers for the next crash: Derivatives loses with or without, Grexit, China bubble, USA recession, bond market selloff, Ukraine default and so on.

Australia is apparently on 10x salary mortgages.The only reason for the madness is bailouts, QE and ZIRP. The bond market has had some interesting rallies in the past few months.

Just following the UK HPI makes you go mad but looking at the global financial situation it can't last forever. As a word of warning, we already have bail in legislation passed and the EU is pushing some states to implement it within a few months or else.

I think something is up.

My daughter and son in law are about to move to a slightly bigger house in a better area and are paying heftily for the privilege, so I guess it'll be Sod's law that prices will drop soon.

I did suggest waiting a bit, but then I suggested that when they bought the first house, which proved me wrong by going up 30% (sold not AP) since late 2011, and they were afraid of prices a little higher up the desirability scale moving even further into the realms of daftness.

I have never seen so many people scratching Scratch-off lotto tickets.

I have never seen so many brand new audis everywhere, they are quite literally everyfckingwhere!

I even found one in my washbasket the other day, shiny little A1 piece of crap in metallic dark blue with nasty cheap looking little alloys, they're EVERYWHERE!

I've never seen so many trolls on here.

The place is riddled.

A sure sign something is gong on.

Thing is with that, you're probably right, but I don't get the point of trolling a minority website, with a majority view.. it's hardly sport is it?

which in a way I suppose can only mean one thing, they be terrified and are lashing out :o

Looking at the global financial situation, the whole thing is at a top. Bonds, stocks and houses across the world are at all time highs.

Australia is apparently on 10x salary mortgages.The only reason for the madness is bailouts, QE and ZIRP. The bond market has had some interesting rallies in the past few months. THIRTYTHREE YEARS.

and counting. #turningjpanese

A top? Yellen's going to take the punchbowl away? Things are never that simple.

The system is awash with cash thanks to QE, witholding tax collections are in a raging bubble, as are US house prices. Treasury supply is light and likely to remain so for the forseeable future because half the US economy is going gangbusters even while the other half is locked in a perpetual depression. So, after seven years of emergency interest rates, the Fed finally decides to entertain a miserable quarter point upward move - but none of the commercial lenders follow suit because the risk/reward of not doing so looks like the superior bet.

Without shrinking its balance sheet and reversing QE, can the Fed actually get rates off the ZLB?

http://wallstreetexaminer.com/2015/06/exactly-how-will-the-get-rates-to-rise-when-the-system-is-awash-in-excess-reserves/

Looking at the global financial situation, the whole thing is at a top. Bonds, stocks and houses across the world are at all time highs. There are some many potential triggers for the next crash: Derivatives loses with or without, Grexit, China bubble, USA recession, bond market selloff, Ukraine default and so on.

Australia is apparently on 10x salary mortgages.The only reason for the madness is bailouts, QE and ZIRP. The bond market has had some interesting rallies in the past few months.

Just following the UK HPI makes you go mad but looking at the global financial situation it can't last forever. As a word of warning, we already have bail in legislation passed and the EU is pushing some states to implement it within a few months or else.

I think something is up.

Australia seems to be closer than the UK is. Their housing market makes London look sane!

But anyway;

Signs that we are not at a top yet..... this tread! :P

Australia seems to be closer than the UK is. Their housing market makes London look sane!

But anyway;

Signs that we are not at a top yet..... this tread! :P

The Australian market has massive influxes from Chinese money, even more than the UK. It's a massive distortion on the two main markets of Sydney and Melbourne. When it blows, it will be huge.

This feels toppy: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34900815.html, will need to see what the auction goes for.

Though if as they say it rents for £10k pa, at a typical London yield of 3.5% it should go for £285k.

£193 per week rent for that isn't a sign that the market is toppy

it is a sign that the market is absolutely bonkers

whoever is living there should be in a lunatic asylum and whoever owns it and is renting it out should, along with any agent involved, be in a secure hospital on a sentence with a very long tarrif indeed