House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fru-gal

Game Of Thrones

Anybody else watch it? Let's discuss?

Pleased that John Snow is "dead". Boring fluffy character. Thought the Cersei scene was great. Was disappointed that Lady Stoneheart didn't make an appearance. Too many deaths for one episode, seems like they are really speeding things up in comparison to the first few seasons.

Anybody else watch it? Let's discuss?

Pleased that John Snow is "dead". Boring fluffy character. Thought the Cersei scene was great. Was disappointed that Lady Stoneheart didn't make an appearance. Too many deaths for one episode, seems like they are really speeding things up in comparison to the first few seasons.

Given how tightly they followed the books for the first 4 seasons, I have been quite surprised how far they diverged for season 5.

The battle at HardHolme (?) when they were rescuing the wildlings was amazing! It made most feature films look second rate.

Lame excuse...hiding it in the tags...now I know John Snow is dead, and I really enjoyed his series on the Spanish Armada...

Some people are upset it was a body double walking naked!

Not read the books, I've heard comments they are dull and slow.

I would expect the climax of the show will be whoever is left standing will have to unite to fight the white walkers in a huge epic battle involving the dragons, something like at the end of DS9.

Will the TV end up with a different ending to the books (which haven't been written yet?)

Lame excuse...hiding it in the tags...now I know John Snow is dead, and I really enjoyed his series on the Spanish Armada...

Sorry! lol. yes he was getting too old for the Knight's Watch.

John Snow is clearly the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark, right? I have trouble seeing how this is not obvious to everyone in Westeros.

Yes, he is the Prince that was Promised - as in "Promise me Ned".

Yes, he is the Prince that was Promised - as in "Promise me Ned".

Confirmed for the viewers in Daenerys' vision in the House of the undying. Rhaegar says: "He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire." but then, breaking the fourth wall (of the vision) "There must be one more, the dragon has three heads."

So who is the third surviving Targaryen?

I thought this season was the worst of all. Everything seems to have been rushed. I thought the finale was trying to hard to be sensationalist but was actually a bit meh. The only good scene was Cersei's walk of shame and the bit with Therion and Sansa.

I thought this season was the worst of all. Everything seems to have been rushed. I thought the finale was trying to hard to be sensationalist but was actually a bit meh. The only good scene was Cersei's walk of shame and the bit with Therion and Sansa.

what impresses me is that you can recall all the names.

what impresses me is that you can recall all the names.

Why? They are pretty memorable. Woops. I meant Theon not Therion (that is a death metal band lol).

He's still doing the news though, isn't he?

When are they bringing Sean Bean back?

I remember him...he had the King's hand's job

You do realize that Martin is going to have the zombies kill everyone at the end, and make the whole thing pointless?

You do realize that Martin is going to have the zombies kill everyone at the end, and make the whole thing pointless?

A slightly better ending than lost which was ultimately a completely pointless TV show.

A slightly better ending than lost which was ultimately a completely pointless TV show.

Could well be the most pointless show in history, Lost. At no point was anything explained ever. And when they introduced a new group living on the island in the final season my only reaction was: eh???

My own theory with Lost is that it was intended to be purgatory, but it was guessed so quickly by the fans and the writers were so quick to deny it that they just started making stuff up as they went along and even they didn't know what it was about by the end of the first series.

TV Series usually last between three and seven seasons. Three is best. After that there is a certain amount of "viewer fatigue".

Anything that lasts longer is usually a collection of unrelated episodes, like Columbo. You can just dip into them.

Seen a few bits here and there. Not for me. I did see some good filth though. Was some incestuous lesbian fisting. I think. Something like that anyway. That wasn't bad.