House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Facebook Want Id

Facebook want ID off me before I can carry on using their site.
I think that's the end of that.

You can confirm your identity in 1 of 3 ways. When submitting documentation, please cover up any personal information we don't need to verify your identity (ex: credit card number, Social Security number). We encrypt people’s connections to Facebook by default, including IDs you send to us. We delete your ID information after verification is complete.

Option 1

We will accept any government-issued ID that contains your name and date of birth. Examples include:

Birth certificate
Driver’s license
Passport
Marriage certificate
Official name change paperwork
Personal or vehicle insurance card
Non-driver's government ID (ex: disability, SNAP card, national ID card)
Green card, residence permit or immigration papers
Tribal identification or status card
Voter ID card
Option 2

You can provide two different forms of ID from the following list (ex: a bank statement and a library card, but not two bank statements). The names on your IDs must match each other, and one of the IDs must include a photo or date of birth that matches the information on your profile.

Below are some examples of IDs we'll accept:

Bank statement
Bus card
Check
Credit card
Employment verification
Library card
Mail
Magazine subscription stub
Medical record
Membership ID (ex: pension card, union membership, work ID, professional ID)
Paycheck stub
Permit
School card
School record
Social Security card
Utility bill
Yearbook photo (actual scan or photograph of the page in your yearbook)
Option 3

If you don’t have an ID that shows your authentic name as well as your photo or date of birth, you can provide two forms of ID from Option 2 above, and then provide a government ID that includes a date of birth or photo that matches the information on your profile. We won't add the name or other information from the government ID to your account.

Last edited about a month ago
How do I upload my ID to Facebook?
To upload a copy of your ID:

Take your ID and cover up any confidential information (ex: your license or passport number)
Scan or take a picture of your ID
Make sure you can clearly see your name, birthday and photo
Save the photo to your computer
Go back to the contact form, click Upload and select the file containing your ID

What happens to my ID after I upload it?
Your ID will be stored securely while we resolve your issue.

Has someone denounced you to the Facebook overlords?

Well this is what worries me.

I have had neighbours stalk me on FB - the police have told me that the neighbours have told them they're doing this. So I know I'm not paranoid - they really are nutty.

I'd blocked everything I could on my profile from the outside world.

It might be that someone has been itching to have a go at me and has made some complaint that I'm using a fake ID.

LOL, the wholeidea of facebook is that you can pretend whatever you want...please like my cat photos.....not my cat of course, just downloaded them, but they are cute and you can be my iccle fwend.

But they made me put up my full name a while ago!

Facebook is an identity theft nightmare waiting to happen. And when it does, via a major compromise, that will probably be the end of Facebook.

And along with it, all the sites which use Facebook as their login mechanism like Spotify will die too since their entire customer base will lose the ability to log in.

I think I managed to delete my Facebook profile a few years back. I say "I think" because you can never be sure.

Did you get your password wrong a few times? The only problem I can foresee is that if you wanted to delete your Facebook profile they would probably insist on you proving who you are.

Did you get your password wrong a few times? The only problem I can foresee is that if you wanted to delete your Facebook profile they would probably insist on you proving who you are.

No, never got it wrong once.

Yes, if you PM me..

I had a look and the requesting of ID seems to be something that Facebook do every now and again.

Five hours ago this slightly lunatic post appeared:

https://www.reddit.com/r/facebook/comments/3a02oc/transphobic_racist_facebook/.compact

It alleges racism - the pertinent point of the page being Facebook's reasoning for requesting this.

It seems to happen every now and again anyway so you may not be a victim of some specific allegation.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=facebook+prove+id&rls=com.microsoft:en-GB:IE-Address&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GUEA_en-GBGB639&gws_rd=ssl#q=facebook+prove+id&tbs=qdr:y

A client recently tried to set up a Facebook account for their business and just couldn't get it to accept the business name or email address, something similar happened with Twitter.

On the other hand I had to track down a long lost relative once and managed to get Facebook to accept a free mail box address and the name "Dirk Gently".

Yes, if you PM me..

I had a look and the requesting of ID seems to be something that Facebook do every now and again.

Five hours ago this slightly lunatic post appeared:

https://www.reddit.com/r/facebook/comments/3a02oc/transphobic_racist_facebook/.compact

It alleges racism - the pertinent point of the page being Facebook's reasoning for requesting this.

It seems to happen every now and again anyway so you may not be a victim of some specific allegation.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=facebook+prove+id&rls=com.microsoft:en-GB:IE-Address&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GUEA_en-GBGB639&gws_rd=ssl#q=facebook+prove+id&tbs=qdr:y

A client recently tried to set up a Facebook account for their business and just couldn't get it to accept the business name or email address, something similar happened with Twitter.

On the other hand I had to track down a long lost relative once and managed to get Facebook to accept a free mail box address and the name "Dirk Gently".

They want an 'official' mailbox now do they? I signed up with a hotmail one years back but haven't been on it for yonks.

Wth do they want ID for?

Please provide identification that displays the name you're confirming. Learn more about why we require ID verification and the different types of ID we accept below.

But they don't give any info on why they want ID.

I'm a little bit peeved by their timing so might actually scan in my wedding certificate so they can see they stopped me getting anniversary greetings today.

But then part of me thinks ****** them the ******ing bastards and I should set up a fake account.

Sounds like a scam to me. Don't send them anything.

Cause if it really was facebook, they'd have to confirm everyone eventually wouldn't they - and they don't have the resources to do that I'd have thought - plus a major percentage of people would just refuse.

Please Change Your Name
It looks like the name on your Facebook account may not be your authentic name. We ask everyone to use the name they go by in real life so friends know who they're connecting with.
What names are allowed on Facebook?
If this is the name you use in your everyday life, we would like to work with you to verify the name that best represents your identity. We accept a number of documents to allow you to verify your everyday name.

They did this to me a few months ago and it wanted a middle name before it'd let me carry on.

Please Change Your Name

It looks like the name on your Facebook account may not be your authentic name. We ask everyone to use the name they go by in real life so friends know who they're connecting with.

What names are allowed on Facebook?

If this is the name you use in your everyday life, we would like to work with you to verify the name that best represents your identity. We accept a number of documents to allow you to verify your everyday name.

They did this to me a few months ago and it wanted a middle name before it'd let me carry on.

I had this in the states when I was trying to get "plates" i.e. road tax, for a car. Filled in all the forms, stood in line for about an hour, to be told that my signature was not correct. When I asked why, it was because I had no middle initial. I protested that I never signed my middle initial, but to no avail. New forms, fill them out properly, sign with a signature I never use, and go to the back of the queue.

rather have teeth pulled while conscious than use facebook... why do people open themselves up to the world then complain if it goes wrong....same with twitter...

peeps not heard of discretion..privacy..self preservation...protecting oneself against nutters....come to that against anyone who wants to invade your privacy...?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-33149889

I've never used Facebook, or Twitter.