House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheBlueCat

Vote Corbyn

3 quid, absolute bargain:

supporters.labour.org.uk/leadership/1

Keeping Labour out is a Good Thing[1]. Making them so utterly unelectable that they're not even an opposition to the government is a Bad Thing. The SNP may be on quite a roll as an opposition, but ultimately the numbers limit them.

[1] Even if it forces a Bad Thing on us by virtue of the alternatives.

Keeping Labour out is a Good Thing[1]. Making them so utterly unelectable that they're not even an opposition to the government is a Bad Thing. The SNP may be on quite a roll as an opposition, but ultimately the numbers limit them.

[1] Even if it forces a Bad Thing on us by virtue of the alternatives.

I agree with you and, whilst I also think it would be a massive hoot to see Corbyn as Labour leader, my main reason for wanting him to win is so that they can lose absolutely spectacularly and finally move on properly. The country needs a solid centre left party without all the union and ex-communist baggage and it won't get one until Labour chucks the nutters out and tells the unions to take their money and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Guest eight

I agree with you and, whilst I also think it would be a massive hoot to see Corbyn as Labour leader, my main reason for wanting him to win is so that they can lose absolutely spectacularly and finally move on properly. The country needs a solid centre left party without all the union and ex-communist baggage and it won't get one until Labour chucks the nutters out and tells the unions to take their money and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Is this Hull again?

The country needs a solid centre left party without all the union and ex-communist baggage and it won't get one until Labour chucks the nutters out and tells the unions to take their money and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Problem is that without the union money Labour is nothing, so they'll stagger on until they find another Bliar style con-man who can convince the country that he's secretly a tory whilst p***ing taxpayers money around until there's no tomorrow.

Conversely don't vote Liz Kendal if you want a Tory government....she is young, she is attractive, she is a woman and she is to the centre of Uk politics.

This is the candidate that will storm it in 2020.

However, Labour are indulgent, they picked a geek that was truly hopeless just because his policies appealed to the faithful, the 28%, and nobody else.

Burnham would be a disaster with his thick northern accent and left wing agenda (nothing against northern accents but his is as bad as mine), Mrs Balls...enough said.

It sometimes beggars belief that the tribe itself are unable to pick the one electable leader that will appeal to the whole country.

Going back to the Miliband selection I warned back in 2010 that he was completely hopeless and looked more gonk than geek.

The only person I thought might stand a chance back then was Mrs Balls, but of course, her husband indulged himself. She was really the best of a bad bunch.

now they have a winner in kendal, but i guess the Labour party might go for the suicidal choice in Burnham.

Problem is that without the union money Labour is nothing, so they'll stagger on until they find another Bliar style con-man who can convince the country that he's secretly a tory whilst p***ing taxpayers money around until there's no tomorrow.

I'm not sure I agree, I think they would find other funding pretty quickly without the unions. To give a Canadian example, our centre left party (currently the official opposition) is the NDP and, whilst they don't bring in as much as the Liberals and Conservatives, they manage to raise enough funds to put up a decent fight without the direct backing of trade unions.