House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Doing The Right Thing

This morning I found a mobile phone, when I got home found the son's phone number from the messages rang him and found it was his elderly fathers phone. Told them where I lived and they came and picked it up and brought a box of chocolates with them for finding it. The reward was unneeded as the phone wasn't worth much more than the chocolates.

Good stuff. Beyond the material aspect of it, an act of honesty like that helps restore people's faith in people, and they'll be chuffed for a while that you did that.

The important thing is all somebody's personal details on it!

The chocolates were to thank you for your effort in returning not so much the phone but the information held on the phone, often personal records that could never be replaced.

Handed in a wallet full of cards and £260 in it to the police.

The owner made the effort to find out who had handed it in and sent me a cheque for £50. Which I was well pleased with.

It's about reversing the roles. That could have been me, so what would I have liked a stranger finding it to do.

Similar to letting one car out at junctions. If everybody did it then we'd all be happier.

The owner made the effort to find out who had handed it in and sent me a cheque for £50. Which I was well pleased with.

It's about reversing the roles. That could have been me, so what would I have liked a stranger finding it to do.

Similar to letting one car out at junctions. If everybody did it then we'd all be happier.

Would you let me out at a junction?

Would you let me out at a junction?

Mr Pin, if I knew it was you I would get out and flag down the traffic.

As it is if anybody has an old or interesting car I am practically slamming on the brakes to let them in. And your Lexus barge counts as interesting.

Did you look at thr browsing history?

Yeah, they might have been a sicko, into reading this kinda stuff:

http://*******.com/o3ptccl (Warning: not safe for work, and don't read if you're easily offended. There's some sick minds out there evidently...)

I am too scared to look at that. I will let Mr. Pin read it first.

It's best avoided.

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.

It's best avoided.

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.

It's like entropy! It always gets worse!

I am too scared to look at that. I will let Mr. Pin read it first.

Wait until I have finished writing it! :blink:

Nice one. But I wouldn't have told them where I lived if I were you. Some pretty cunning dodgy scams out there.

I have found and returned two in my life. One ended up nicely - met burd the next day and she brought a bottle if nice red to say thanks.

The other...well ... After trying loads of numbers on it - and somehow nobody knowing who the number was - got a call from the bloke shouting abuse down the line at me when I answered it - for stealing his phone ffs !!!

He calmed down when I pointed out the sim wouldn't be in it and I wouldn't have answered if I had stolen it. Not the sharpest tool I don't think.

I still handed in it to the hotel he said he was staying in. Thought against it due to him being a cockend - but didn't want to join him in that gang.

****** knows what the next one will bring.

Found a wallet with loads of cash in it and some business cards of the owner, phoned him up and he hadn't even realised he'd lost it! He zoomed round with a bottle of wine to say thanks, which was uneccessary but a nice gesture. You'd hope most people would do the same if you lost something of value.

Aww that was nice of them to bring chocolates.

I know someone who found an engagement ring and kept it. Made me feel a bit sick as I know my mum lost hers years and years ago and someone handed it in to the police so she got it back.

Found a wallet with loads of cash in it and some business cards of the owner, phoned him up and he hadn't even realised he'd lost it! He zoomed round with a bottle of wine to say thanks, which was uneccessary but a nice gesture. You'd hope most people would do the same if you lost something of value.

They are not all as good as you might hope, Nice story. When you lose a wallet, or phone, your whole life is in it.

Hmm, some years ago (many) I was walking the "mean streets" of Dhahran in Saudi Arabia. A woman in front of me drops a wallet, so I picked it up, and tapped her on the shoulder (which is probably wrong). I gave it back to her. Her husband was a bit taken aback, but he spoke good English and asked where I was from. England of course. "Oh" he said "Arabs would have stolen that", so I gather they weren't "local" people. :blink: . I believe they were from Pakistan.