House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
juvenal

What Happened To Bank Of Dave's C4 Property Venture?

Last Feb C4 screened 'Can Property Pay Your Wages?', wherein two couples attempted to renovate 'flippers' in Poole and Winchester.

5 Lowden Close, Badger Farm, Winchester SO22 4EW

65 Blandford Road, Poole, BH15 4AT

Under Burnley Dave's no-nonsense guidance the projects were completed and we saw the results on a C4 programme last February. EA's had duly piled in, 'valued' them, and mouthwatering resale profits seemed guaranteed.

Both renovation projects were completed last year, but I cannot trace either house having been sold, or in Poole's case, ever having been on the market. There's nothing on LR.

I pass the Poole house every week. I have an EA photo of it from three years back. Mysteriously, the outside is untouched from then. Missing numeral on the house number; rusted wrought iron gates; same weeds growing from RHS wall and the same exfoliated bricks on the front of the house. So much for kerb appeal. The house appears currently occupied.

The whole slant of the programme was that anyone can successfully flip. A £35K profit was dangled before the Poole couple, who lived on site for three months while holding down full-time jobs.

The Winchester couple had apparently found a doer-upper at 25% BMV before it ever went on the open market.

But it's now five months after the programme aired , and much longer since project completion. If I rightly recall, borrowed money was involved, at least in Winchester.

Did either of these 'projects' ever actually sell? Any locals know anything?

What's going on?

Knock on the door of the Poole house and ask them, or speak to a journalist at the Echo and see if they are interested in the story.

Edited by davidg

18/09/2014 £202,000 65 Blandford Road, Poole, BH15 4AT

13/08/2014 £140,000 5 Lowden Close, Badger Farm, Winchester, SO22 4EW

are these the original purchases ready for the flip?

Correct. Winchester went SSTC some time ago, but nothing since. Poole hasn't surfaced. The Poole owners had sold their own place and put in their life savings to buy it. Perhaps they are living there? But if so, it makes nonsense of Dave's 'property paying your wages' pitch.

With nearly a year gone, the whole thing seems a bit of a mystery. The Winchester couple were keen to get into 'fast turnover' property development. I think they are probably still looking for another BMV winner - that's if they've even flogged their first effort.