House Price Crash Forum

Is Support For Mortgage Interest Still Going, Is It Still A Spectacular Freebie For Old Duffers?

Si1

HOLA441

That house I posted in the second quote has gone down to 135k from 175k. It's a repo

The decoration is not my taste but good street and big gardens and garage 5 beds. Cant link or my location would be made obvious to

the blood thirsty mumsnetters. It all went pete tong when,

I called a coulple of my ex partners benefit bitches which they are. Aparantly I am a mysogamist and you cant buy them in woolworths any more. They would not recognise anyone that habites the sane dimention . All live in la la land. There were a couple of decent folk over there though . By the way I was not a member of this site whilst I was a member of that site

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Never mind triple locks, what about pension credits 40 quid more tha I get and I paid in the full whack. They also get

rent paid I believe.

Our state pesion is pathetic and if I was tring to live on it I would have some hookers working from my spate room in order to be able

to afford the bare Necessities

Yay they are the entitled ones never probably worked for long , oh and they probably invested in a walking stick in the years

well before their PC s in order to get what they were entitled to in the way of freebies and mortbuility

I want my fa@king subs back if the triple lock is done away with before the pension is at a level a gerbal could feed itself for a week on

so you have a private pension which basically comes to less than pension credit?

that's lovely heh, bl00dy h3ll, that's a disgrace

HOLA443

No I was trying to highlight the fact that those getting pension credits are much better off than those that paid 40 odd years

of National insurance subs.Pension credit is paid to those that didnt pay subs for full term which now is about 32 years

Whilst I dont mind those that through ill health get it, I resent lazy fat chav bar stewards that played the system getting forty quid more than I do. I get a decent pension from employer . Well to me it's enough , no mortgage and children grown up.

Just because we get old we dont all close our eyes to whats going down for the young and not so young , who are getting a raw deal.

I honestly think the way the goverment are handling house, and encouraging low wages through imigration and pampering corporations will not end well

It's a pwder keg waiting to blow, and one wrong button push could ignite some awful senarios

HOLA444
HOLA445

No I was trying to highlight the fact that those getting pension credits are much better off than those that paid 40 odd years

of National insurance subs.Pension credit is paid to those that didnt pay subs for full term which now is about 32 years

Whilst I dont mind those that through ill health get it, I resent lazy fat chav bar stewards that played the system getting forty quid more than I do. I get a decent pension from employer . Well to me it's enough , no mortgage and children grown up.

Just because we get old we dont all close our eyes to whats going down for the young and not so young , who are getting a raw deal.

I honestly think the way the goverment are handling house, and encouraging low wages through imigration and pampering corporations will not end well

It's a pwder keg waiting to blow, and one wrong button push could ignite some awful senarios

+1

have been saying this on here every time boomer bashing comes up

I have a state pension (from when you needed 40+ years) with SERPs added which take me up to the PC limit (and the £230 pw for a couple is extremely generous as singletons only get £145 :o ) but I have a private pension paying me £40 pw which I have to pay tax on - and I have to pay council tax which pension credit recipients get paid for them. Oh and SMI if home owners.

it is unfair that a couple who have never worked (and one of them can be under pension age) get £235 pw and no council tax and no income tax to pay.

pension credit is the work of the devil.

HOLA446

I cant understand that, as unless all your partners and your pension is being paid into one

persons account there should be no tax to pay.

From memory it's 10.5k before tax is taken. I was luck took early retirement at 55 before he who saved the worl got his mits on final salary pensions.I get a couple of hundred quid a week indexed linked. If I had worked till sixty five it would have been about 16k a year

I decided that life is to short to work till that age and have enjoyed the freedom after doing night work for donkeys years

As I have been drawing that since fifty five, I think I am getting my monies worth. I apreciate many will never enjoy the same. As I said earlier union power was the sole reason for my pension. Every 2 years they haggled hard and that's why I am pro unions

Forget the ******** from the ministry of plenty, it's only a blunt agressive stand that works if you are up against p takers.

HOLA447

Just to make a point about HPI and buy to let , I also got a lump sum, and could have if I had been prepared to have chop off my pension at 65 been in the position 2 buy 2 small properties in Suffolk and let one out. I have always been of the opinion

that only one property per person unless a large tax is extracted to contain human greed in times of house shortages

HOLA448

I cant understand that, as unless all your partners and your pension is being paid into one

persons account there should be no tax to pay.

From memory it's 10.5k before tax is taken. I was luck took early retirement at 55 before he who saved the worl got his mits on final salary pensions.I get a couple of hundred quid a week indexed linked. If I had worked till sixty five it would have been about 16k a year

I decided that life is to short to work till that age and have enjoyed the freedom after doing night work for donkeys years

As I have been drawing that since fifty five, I think I am getting my monies worth. I apreciate many will never enjoy the same. As I said earlier union power was the sole reason for my pension. Every 2 years they haggled hard and that's why I am pro unions

Forget the ******** from the ministry of plenty, it's only a blunt agressive stand that works if you are up against p takers.

£10,600 PER PERSON before tax so if your income is £12k (there are single people out there who have to rely on the pension) there is tax to pay on £1,400 @ 20% = about £300 per year.

£12k for a household is not a 'good income' especially if you have to pay everything out of it and the state pension + serps is only just above the PC level .

HOLA449

At the time in 2000 you could buy a nice one bed house with garden and private parking brickweave stand for 30k

in a good street, those same houses are now 100k. Tennats paying 100 quid a week rent. I know somebody that bought

several amd now has a really nice guest house from the proceeds. Tennants have bought it all and sales proceeds.

Whilst some may argue it's business I dont agree. We dont have the resources to allow multiple ownership. I am not a comunist but

someone who believes everyone has the right to a decent home. Or a least a chance of getting one. The chance part is very imprtant in my world opportunity for all before greed

HOLA4410

I do apreciate that 12k for a couple in not a lot. I am single and on about 16k with state pension after tax,

because I have no rent It is more than enough for me. Here in the north it's cheaper cost of living too.

I was born in the south and the way it is now I am glad to be here. Housing is cheap too in decent areas if you know where to look

HOLA4411

I do apreciate that 12k for a couple in not a lot. I am single and on about 16k with state pension after tax,

because I have no rent It is more than enough for me. Here in the north it's cheaper cost of living too.

I was born in the south and the way it is now I am glad to be here. Housing is cheap too in decent areas if you know where to look

the point I was making which may have not been clear (would love to be on £16k after tax and I live outside the 'glorious south' already )

as a single pensioner on that £12k I have to pay income tax/ council tax (25% off) house and contents insurance, TV licence, water bill, utilities so that is not the same as a couple on 12K who would not pay income tax and would probably get council tax benefit and economies of scale (they would probably be on pension credit and gatewayed (is that a word) to all kinds of extras)

single people of any age get the nasty end of the stick and pay more per household that one where there is a couple or a family

Edited by olliegog

HOLA4412

The ministry of plenty headed by ozzie the debt king will abolish human rights, and wait ubtil we are out of the EU

before doing away with the triple lock. All pensioners will recieve a voucher for five quid towards their cremation, and a

DVD of the film logans run re edited

Logans Run.... The Funeral Directors Cut

:unsure: