House Price Crash Forum
Save me from the madness!

Turn Benefits Into Repayable Loan (More Age Discrimination)

An interesting idea ruined in my opinion by discriminating on age

Young unemployed people should be forced to repay their benefit money when they get a job, an influential group of Conservative MPs has said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33092329

It should simply be contribution based if he wants this idea, age shouldn't come into it, I agree it would be more likely to affect the young but there are all sorts of situations not covered when focusing on age (a new person to the country who arrives at age 30 for example. A teenager who is very successful for a couple of years paying buckets of tax and then hits hard times could well have paid more into the system then others who qualify).

Edited by Save me from the madness!

There are some nailed-on card carrying lunatics emerging from the Tory ultras.

As an alternative I'd like to suggest that Tory MPs wages are seen as a loan from the taxpayer and must be repaid on their retirement (preferably on the sale of their houses).

Turns out this particular nutter is another Etonian. They just keep on churning them out don't they. DEPRESSING these people are elected to positions of power living off the state teat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwasi_Kwarteng

Edited by R K

Stupid idea.

Beyond stupid actually.

It'll quickly get to the point where youngsters rack up debts that appear so eye watering to them that having to pay those down might well put them off finding work to do so.

More stick when we probably need more carrot.

Better jobs, better wages, and more opportunity to

progress (to better jobs and better wages) sorts it.

The problem is if you get too much debt, you start to not care about it at all - it isn't like you can pay it off. Most people in this situation typically go bankrupt in this situation.

The young are going to be so blasé about debt it isn't going to mean anything.

1) Stop handing out £10'bs to landlords in housing benefit.

2) Stop handing out 100,000's of jobs a year to migrant labour that are wanted explicitly to undermine living wages which encourage benefit.

3) put every one of the 600 odd skunks in some newbuild doss house close to parliament so that they can appreciate min wage living conditions themselves. Oh and rig the plave out with video and bugging devices too so that they can experience the other side of their legislation too

Edited by onlyme2

The problem is if you get too much debt, you start to not care about it at all - it isn't like you can pay it off. Most people in this situation typically go bankrupt in this situation.

They will make it a "special" debt like tuition fees that cannot be defaulted on. Another generational barrier being put up, none of those speical debts applied before.

Let them eat bricks.

Are William Hill laying odds on Guilotines being errected in London ? Might be worth a flutter :lol::lol:

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

perhaps all public sector incomes should come as a loan, to be repaid when a proper productive job comes along.

Here's a better idea - count equity in the family home as an asset like any other when determining benefit payments. If they've got the money (> £16k currently disqualifies you from most means-tested benefits), then give them a loan and take a lien on the house.

i personal choice would be able to half minimum wage and have to go to job center for 375. hours a week starting at 8am each day. Make it feel like a job.

if you have worked and paid in you get other half of minimum wage for amount of years you paid in to system because you proved you have paid in to system and you get to look for another job in comfot o ff own home.

i would also consider vouchers for long term scroungers to prevent drinking , smoking , and pay per view tv etc

Thats fine, Ill just stop national insurance contributions then? :)

There are no jobs and of the few jobs left how many can support a single person let alone a family?

We have massive over production and everything is getting to the point of worthlessness.

and most of government could be automated now so sack all MPs. Everyone else has suffered due to endless automation and cost cutting why do we not seek more efficiencies in gov?

And Im with you count, except our version is the "Scottish maiden".

I wonder if Mr Kwazi Johnson wants to liquidate any 2nd 3rd 4th properties acquired whilst an MP, when he leaves office, and hand the proceeds back to the state when he is finally shot out of the cannon?

Thought not.

As an alternative I'd like to suggest

is paying salaries upon reaching the clearly specified targets. My understanding is, say, Fibonacci's father held a senior governing post in Pisa in the 12th century and was remunerated in this manner - did not deliver, bu55er off and vice versa.

Another one - let only those vote in the elections who contribute net tax to the treasury.

perhaps all public sector incomes should come as a loan, to be repaid when a proper productive job comes along.

80% of private sector jobs are services now.

Huge part of that is banks and estate agents.

At the bottom, an army of waiters and shelf stackers.

They better be bloody productive at investing the 1%'s money (that doesn't technically exist), pushing houses, taking orders, and keeping me stocked up with hummus if I'm to dismiss teachers, nurses, and firefighters quite so flippantly.

Edited by byron78

i personal choice would be able to half minimum wage and have to go to job center for 375. hours a week starting at 8am each day. Make it feel like a job.

if you have worked and paid in you get other half of minimum wage for amount of years you paid in to system because you proved you have paid in to system and you get to look for another job in comfot o ff own home.

i would also consider vouchers for long term scroungers to prevent drinking , smoking , and pay per view tv etc

you just dont get it. the benefit system i a massive qe. if they reduced it gdp would plummet. the way it worksis that gov takes most of my earnings in tax and hands it to scrotes who spend it. so instead of me keeping my earnings and saving it for me and my kids...it gets pi55ed up by scrotes and corporate profits increase. the whole thing is a massive scam.

Do you get up before you go to bed? :)

I'm interested, why do you think this?

What is so special about the officially organised labour that we call a "job" that everyone should have to perform one, whether or not it is necessary or productive to do so?

Instead of claiming dole poor people in the UK should be allowed to work at Barclays and RBS for a couple of weeks every other year.

Seriously, the pay is great!

CHOn-iGU0AEnE9n.jpg

is paying salaries upon reaching the clearly specified targets. My understanding is, say, Fibonacci's father held a senior governing post in Pisa in the 12th century and was remunerated in this manner - did not deliver, bu55er off and vice versa.

Another one - let only those vote in the elections who contribute net tax to the treasury.

Did he get a 61.8% pay increase?

They will make it a "special" debt like tuition fees that cannot be defaulted on. Another generational barrier being put up, none of those speical debts applied before.

As far as I'm aware you can't default on overpaid benefit and it's not statute barred, so I think it already is a 'special debt'

There are some nailed-on card carrying lunatics emerging from the Tory ultras.

As an alternative I'd like to suggest that Tory MPs wages are seen as a loan from the taxpayer and must be repaid on their retirement (preferably on the sale of their houses).

Turns out this particular nutter is another Etonian. They just keep on churning them out don't they. DEPRESSING these people are elected to positions of power living off the state teat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwasi_Kwarteng

+1

This is classic baby boomer logic, they see the benefits system a savings account to supplement their pensions, and the young shouldn't get any. Morons.

Edited by Si1

This is classic baby boomer logic, they see the benefits system a savings account to supplement their pensions, and the young shouldn't get any. Morons.

What about repaying all the pension once you die?

No wonder they don't want 16-17 year olds having the vote.

Perhaps the state pension can be a loan secured against a pensioners house? Imagine the wails of indignation if that was ever proposed (unless it was proposed for younger generations then you'd hear all about how we can't afford to provide a state pension in the future from the very same wailers)!