The Estate Agent People Love To Hate!

xela57

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Wtf? Just £412.50. :blink:

£25 is about fair.

By the sounds of it it was one of those sensor flood-lights.

So to be generous, £60 parts, £40 labour.

For £412, I'd expect 3 days solid graft out of an electrician plus materials. That's one hell of a floodlight that needed that much rewiring, maybe he rewired it all the way to his second property, to let him know when his slaves were crossing the threshold.

HOLA445

By the sounds of it it was one of those sensor flood-lights.

So to be generous, £60 parts, £40 labour.

For £412, I'd expect 3 days solid graft out of an electrician plus materials. That's one hell of a floodlight that needed that much rewiring, maybe he rewired it all the way to his second property, to let him know when his slaves were crossing the threshold.

It said on the news earlier that the actual light fitting would cost about twenty quid.

HOLA446

I just don't understand why people use them - they are consistently poorly reviewed

Because you as a renter are not the customer. They do well for their actual customers, the landlord.

If they get enough of the market then there really isn't a great deal you can do about it. I'm not saying it's impossible to avoid them, but by doing so you are reducing an already small market.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Because you as a renter are not the customer. They do well for their actual customers, the landlord.

If they get enough of the market then there really isn't a great deal you can do about it. I'm not saying it's impossible to avoid them, but by doing so you are reducing an already small market.

The landlord complained

if you look at their reviews, they are vilified from both ends, buyer/seller/landlord/tenant

HOLA449
HOLA4410

It's a landlord complaining about them in this story.

The landlord complained

Point still stands. It's about market penetration, why do landlords bother doing anything other than putting an add in the local newsagents?

In an environment know for it's cut throat and lying practices then the one doing it most gets the prizes.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Archived