House Price Crash Forum

Les Paul Was Born 100 Years Ago Today

R K

HOLA441

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Actually it's a 6136. I got it wrong. Still it's still glary! There's a sort of bendy handle on it that puts it all out of tune. I can't get it out in the day, as it would reflect so much light back into space, that we would have immense "global cooling".

I guess it's a "Marmite" sort of thing! :unsure:

HOLA443

Actually it's a 6136. I got it wrong. Still it's still glary! There's a sort of bendy handle on it that puts it all out of tune. I can't get it out in the day, as it would reflect so much light back into space, that we would have immense "global cooling".

I guess it's a "Marmite" sort of thing! :unsure:

Thats a relief. Was beginning to worry about you......

HOLA444

Thats a relief. Was beginning to worry about you......

Well I just did an EBay search one afternoon and there it was. Within minutes I was some amount poorer. The new price is a bit shocking, but this one looks virtually unused. Also they do not make so many left-handers.

HOLA445

I fitted all the pickups myself. Easy, with the right tools, but I just had a chisel.

Les Paul was a very clever guy and invented a lot of stuff, such as four track recording. But not the solid body electric.

Ah, I had a read of my book. I was thinking of 'The Log' he designed, a solid body electric made out a piece of 4x4 timber, which formed the basis for the Les Paul. Somebody else beat him to it in the 1930's.

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA446
HOLA447

Archived