Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

'fergus Wilson -Selling Semis And Putting Up Rents'-- Merged Threads


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Sausage said:

Child benefit is not means tested and is given at a flat rate to everyone with a child. It's very different to the kinds of benefits given to people who can't work, don't work or have low income. Thus to say all people with children are "on benefits" is a bit misleading.

Except, if anyone earns over £50K in the household, it reduces at a sliding rate to 0 at £60K.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, iamnumerate said:

Not if you put enough money in a pension!

Max payment into a pension is £40,000, max size pot allowed is £1,000,000 of which £750,000 is taxable.

Bear in mind £100 a month for 40 years growing at 12% will exceed 1 million, ISA's will give a better return over time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sausage said:

Child benefit is not means tested and is given at a flat rate to everyone with a child. It's very different to the kinds of benefits given to people who can't work, don't work or have low income. Thus to say all people with children are "on benefits" is a bit misleading.

Lucky then, that that is NOT what I said. :rolleyes:

I said that the people who GET Child Benefit are on benefits. Nowhere did I say "all people with children". You are arguing against something you said, not anything I said.

One more time:

Quote

And don't forget all the people that get Child Benefit (clue's in the name). They are "on benefits" by definition.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Fatmanfilms said:

Max payment into a pension is £40,000, max size pot allowed is £1,000,000 of which £750,000 is taxable.

Bear in mind £100 a month for 40 years growing at 12% will exceed 1 million, ISA's will give a better return over time.

Please post details of your ISA which has an interest rate of above 12%, so that we can all open one?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Fatmanfilms said:

Max payment into a pension is £40,000, max size pot allowed is £1,000,000 of which £750,000 is taxable.

Bear in mind £100 a month for 40 years growing at 12% will exceed 1 million, ISA's will give a better return over time.

Split them.

If you earn enough max your pension and isa payments.

If youve the stomach for it, then invest in  VCs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/03/2019 at 20:43, Fatmanfilms said:

Max payment into a pension is £40,000, max size pot allowed is £1,000,000 of which £750,000 is taxable.

Bear in mind £100 a month for 40 years growing at 12% will exceed 1 million, ISA's will give a better return over time.

Pensions do not grow at 12% p/a. The stock market has achieved precious little in terms of return since 2000 other than the annual dividends, which obviously vary from stock to stock. At 12% growth, your money would double every 6 years. No chance. I would remodel based on 5% growth and you will up your estimated contributions significantly.

For most people, getting a pension pot of £1m is an impossible dream. I put around £20k in and recognise that I am one of the lucky ones. Given that my early career contributions were pitiful, the weight of this will have to be in the 2nd half of my career. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Dyson Fury said:

Spot of trouble for Fergus here:

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/property-tycoons-house-burgled-207589/

He somehow seems to know the nationality of the burglar, so it's a bit surprising he doesn't know his identity?  Maybe the burglar waved his passport in front of a CCTV camera?

A property mogul is offering a £10,000 reward after his home was burgled.

Controversial landlord Fergus Wilson, who amassed a buy-to-let empire of about 1,000 homes in Maidstone and Ashford at the peak of his power, claims the raid was carried out by a "Romanian man".

Cash and a Nikon camera stolen in the break-in between 11.45am and 12.10pm yesterday.

How much cash was knicked?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, spyguy said:

A property mogul is offering a £10,000 reward after his home was burgled.

Controversial landlord Fergus Wilson, who amassed a buy-to-let empire of about 1,000 homes in Maidstone and Ashford at the peak of his power, claims the raid was carried out by a "Romanian man".

Cash and a Nikon camera stolen in the break-in between 11.45am and 12.10pm yesterday.

How much cash was knicked?

Depends whose asking. 

If it's HMRC probably about a fiver, If it's the insurance company probably about £20k. 

 

(In light of their litigious nature I must clarify that I am in no way suggesting that Fergus or Judith are participants in any form of tax fraud or insurance fraud)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Council estate capitalist said:

(In light of their litigious nature I must clarify that I am in no way suggesting that Fergus or Judith are participants in any form of tax fraud or insurance fraud)

I'm not sure adding a disclaimer after libeling someone means it's no longer a libel.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you invest in www.fundsmith.co.uk or global equity fund or Smithson investment trust, I think you have a good chance of such returns. I retired at 52 due to investing in equities for 30 years.

On 31/03/2019 at 10:51, Ah-so said:

Pensions do not grow at 12% p/a. The stock market has achieved precious little in terms of return since 2000 other than the annual dividends, which obviously vary from stock to stock. At 12% growth, your money would double every 6 years. No chance. I would remodel based on 5% growth and you will up your estimated contributions significantly.

For most people, getting a pension pot of £1m is an impossible dream. I put around £20k in and recognise that I am one of the lucky ones. Given that my early career contributions were pitiful, the weight of this will have to be in the 2nd half of my career. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/03/2019 at 20:43, Fatmanfilms said:

Max payment into a pension is £40,000, max size pot allowed is £1,000,000 of which £750,000 is taxable.

Bear in mind £100 a month for 40 years growing at 12% will exceed 1 million, ISA's will give a better return over time.

Committing to anything for a period of 40 years is utter guesswork anyway. And the world is changing even faster now than when these instruments were originally invented.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/03/2019 at 20:43, Fatmanfilms said:

Max payment into a pension is £40,000, max size pot allowed is £1,000,000 of which £750,000 is taxable.

Bear in mind £100 a month for 40 years growing at 12% will exceed 1 million, ISA's will give a better return over time.

Except pension contributions are pre tax, so if you are a higher rate payer then you get an effective 66% return straight off the bat. If you can convince your employer to cough up the 14% employer's NI that they won't have to pay, then that return hits 90% over taxed income before you even start investing. Anyone with headroom in their pensions should absolutely sacrifice any spare salary into it - it is much more efficient than e.g. paying off your mortgage early at current interest rates. Also remember you can make up three years of contributions, so if you have been slacking you can put in 80k a year for 3 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fatmanfilms said:

If you invest in www.fundsmith.co.uk or global equity fund or Smithson investment trust, I think you have a good chance of such returns. I retired at 52 due to investing in equities for 30 years.

 

Very well done you but the chances of getting these returns compounded are very small for ordinary investors 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Timbuk3 said:

https://www.property118.com/what-does-shelter-advocate-for-the-older-generation/ 

Incoherent rant written by Fungus.  Not sure what he is getting at, is he worried that he will end up in a retirement village ?

I think it’s clear enough.

He woke up, something popped in his head, thinks he is clever and interesting....asked an already converted ‘shelter hating’ group a question about Shelter despite it being largely irrelevant. 

Probably then had breakfast, evicted someone and went back to bed.?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Latest episode in the ongoing saga of Fergus Wilson: a transparent attempt at bullying involving threats of bankruptcy, bailiffs, and unwarranted demands for payment of £50,000.

Thanks for sharing. I see you have added a donation thing to your site.  Happy to help anyone fighting against those monsters.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.