House Price Crash Forum

'fergus Wilson -Selling Semis And Putting Up Rents'-- Merged Threads

The comedy continues, but importantly has he sold any houses, that could provide the biggest laugh of the lot. 

The controversial landlord who made provocative remarks about some tenants leaving ‘curry smells’ in his properties is now complaining to the police about alleged social media abuse and To Let boards being vandalised.

https://www.lettingagenttoday.co.uk/breaking-news/2017/4/race-row-landlord-calls-in-police-after-to-let-boards-vandalised

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, stuckmojo said:

One day we'll all be told he was just an actor playing an experimental real life fictional role to see how society would react to grossly exaggerated caricatures. 

All joking aside, I'm becoming increasingly of this view. Every time fatty hits the news it's for a more bizarre and unbelievable reason than the previous time, to the point that I'm not convinced he could be serious.

41 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

All joking aside, I'm becoming increasingly of this view. Every time fatty hits the news it's for a more bizarre and unbelievable reason than the previous time, to the point that I'm not convinced he could be serious.

I think we ought to be on the lookout for Kremlin agents pursuing IRL lard-based strategies to supplement active measures in the cyber-realm. Tinker, tailor, soldier, fat landlord. They are trying to divide us!

16 minutes ago, Bland Unsight said:

I think we ought to be on the lookout for Kremlin agents pursuing IRL lard-based strategies to supplement active measures in the cyber-realm. Tinker, tailor, soldier, fat landlord. They are trying to divide us!

You're killing me!

1 hour ago, Bland Unsight said:

Now it starts to make sense. You think Judith is his handler, so to speak?

Do you think the list of tenants that are not acceptable may actually be a list of PTSD triggers relating to a particularly regrettable sexual encounter? For example, one might have booked a Nazi-themed dominatrix, but have a single-mother tenant (on benefits), dressed as plumber, turn up instead. I'll leave it to the reader's imagination to work out how curry, smoking and pets fit into the horrific incident that then ensues

12 hours ago, stuckmojo said:

One day we'll all be told he was just an actor playing an experimental real life fictional role to see how society would react to grossly exaggerated caricatures. 

I am wondering if it is some massive post modernist wind up .

One assumes that Fergus has made a shed load of dosh out of HPI without having to be too fussy about the colour of his tenants so why is he courting all this grief.

Perhaps he has assumed  the "legend in his own lunch time" ultimate BTL scum bag persona to such an extent that he feels the need to push the envelop all the time. As you say he is now becoming a caricature of a caricature.

Edited by stormymonday_2011
1 hour ago, stormymonday_2011 said:

I am wondering if it is some massive post modernist wind up .

One assumes that Fergus has made a shed load of dosh out of HPI without having to be too fussy about the colour of his tenants so why is he courting all this grief.

Perhaps he has assumed  the "legend in his own lunch time" ultimate BTL scum bag persona to such an extent that he feels the need to push the envelop all the time. As you say he is now becoming a caricature of a caricature.

I'd love to know how many houses he really has. I always take his own figures with a barrow load of salt, and there are no others.

There is a figure in here showing that in what is almost certainly the Lloyds book there is one was one borrower with 133 BTL mortgages so there are some big fish out there.

58e3f28a83eec_WallaceRugg2014distribution.png.b858ac23c8fb769a11084386d0b4a5fa.png

Source

Latest bizarre instalment...

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/controversial-landlord-fergus-wilson-claims-kent-mp-asked-him-to-stand-for-conservatives-as-police-and-crime-commissioner-1-4966438

I think Kent News must be getting a lot of traffic from Fergus stories. Wonder which is more profitable - 900 odd BTL properties or Fergus inspired clickbait? :)

Edited by Hechnical Titch

I was looking on Companies House the other day, to see what the Wilson's were up to. Incredibly  (or not) Fergus registered a company last year called "search for a European heavyweight champion limited ".

The mind boggles. 

Company was dissolved this year, so presumably the search failed. Heavyweight easy, limited easy, champion.... more challenging 

On 04/04/2017 at 2:45 PM, Bland Unsight said:

Do you think the list of tenants that are not acceptable may actually be a list of PTSD triggers relating to a particularly regrettable sexual encounter? For example, one might have booked a Nazi-themed dominatrix, but have a single-mother tenant (on benefits), dressed as plumber, turn up instead. I'll leave it to the reader's imagination to work out how curry, smoking and pets fit into the horrific incident that then ensues

Fergus with his dream woman:

RwgasXw.jpg

Kent breeds the finest British village Oafs. The Fergus is a classic. Just look at him. A missing link to a sadly fading middle ages breed. Please note this breed is heavily interbreed which can lead to some psychology issues.

On 3/23/2017 at 2:26 PM, ebull said:

so if the woman [who judging by what's under the mess had provided a decent, clean, maintained rental to her tenant] now tops herself due to financial pressure leaving sick parent whom she is taking into her own home for care reliant on the state will YOU be upping it to Triple grins?

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/sheerness/news/landlord-finds-home-trashed-122671/

One laughing smiley brought out your response above?

At least 3 properties (maybe including her own home).   Company director electrical firm.  Planning permission own home.

Where does all the 'top-herself' guilt tripping imagination projection come from?

Estimate of £10K for repairs/improvements and a few months voids.   She should have that sort of money available to her as a BTLer imo, else she takes high risks. 

Lot of renters are heading into being burdens on the state without some correction to allow them to get some position imo.  And many who have their own daily frustrations to cope with.

8 hours ago, Venger said:
On 23/03/2017 at 2:26 PM, ebull said:

so if the woman [who judging by what's under the mess had provided a decent, clean, maintained rental to her tenant] now tops herself due to financial pressure leaving sick parent whom she is taking into her own home for care reliant on the state will YOU be upping it to Triple grins?

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/sheerness/news/landlord-finds-home-trashed-122671/

One laughing smiley brought out your response above?

At least 3 properties (maybe including her own home).   Company director electrical firm.  Planning permission own home.

Where does all the 'top-herself' guilt tripping imagination projection come from?

Estimate of £10K for repairs/improvements and a few months voids.   She should have that sort of money available to her as a BTLer imo, else she takes high risks. 

Lot of renters are heading into being burdens on the state without some correction to allow them to get some position imo.  And many who have their own daily frustrations to cope with.

The article was about some woman who'd had something she had worked on trashed [the suggestion and my guess is that she actually scrubbed the trashed flat herself].  Neither the article nor what you say suggests she did anything of the nature of Fungus-antics.

The hate [TWO laughing smilies at her misfortune] of some here for all landlords regardless is just mean. My question was a sarcastic version of "Are you really that nasty?". How much nastier do you want to get?

Anyway you're the third poster who has answered yes, it seems. No-one answered no. Asked and answered.

Understand the reason, shame you're hating on the wrong person.

Back to OT: No question from me on unlimited smilies about any misfortune happenning to the fat one since he clearly treats his tenants badly and breaks the law.

11 minutes ago, ebull said:

The hate [TWO laughing smilies at her misfortune] of some here for all landlords regardless is just mean. My question was a sarcastic version of "Are you really that nasty?". How much nastier do you want to get?

Obviously there is literally nothing nastier than somebody inserting two smileys into a forum post about a landlord having their flat trashed. It's a commonplace for contemporary historians to observe that whilst Stalin was a monster we can only be grateful for the fact that he had no access to smileys.

:D

It's very difficult to unambiguously assess another poster's feelings and intentions from what they post, and the more succinct the post, the more difficult it becomes. You're entering into a conversation that has been running for well over a decade. Many of the people you are judging ("some here") have been part of that conversation for years.

If you're looking for a conversation where people won't laugh at landlords who come a cropper, you're probably in the wrong place on this thread.

On 08/04/2017 at 5:25 PM, juvenal said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4151384/Behind-doors-Britain-s-controversial-landlord.html

Behind closed doors with Fergus' tenants.

Fergus - the gift that keeps on giving....:lol:

Worth a look at this just for the picture of Fergus and Judith on some throne/armchair abominations halfway down the article. 

2 hours ago, Bland Unsight said:

Obviously there is literally nothing nastier than somebody inserting two smileys into a forum post about a landlord having their flat trashed. It's a commonplace for contemporary historians to observe that whilst Stalin was a monster we can only be grateful for the fact that he had no access to smileys.

:D

It's very difficult to unambiguously assess another poster's feelings and intentions from what they post, and the more succinct the post, the more difficult it becomes. You're entering into a conversation that has been running for well over a decade. Many of the people you are judging ("some here") have been part of that conversation for years.

If you're looking for a conversation where people won't laugh at landlords who come a cropper, you're probably in the wrong place on this thread.

:D:D

This is beyond a joke now - seemingly beardies and those with tatoos are now on his list of undesirables. Apparently they're unlikely to earn enough :rolleyes: ... 

http://m.kentlive.news/this-bearded-man-just-shut-down-fergus-wilson-in-the-most-brutal-way/story-30260729-detail/story.html

Edited by Hechnical Titch
clarification