'fergus Wilson -Selling Semis And Putting Up Rents'-- Merged Threads

HOLA441
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
8 minutes ago, nothernsoul said:

Fergus wilson is 70, so would have been teaching when you could get away being crap. No ofsted etc. Could imagine him at 50, being given set 4, putting a few sums up on the blackboard, sitting back, occasionally yelling at the kids when they messed about. 

Right. But those children will all be grown up now.

Surely, somewhere, some of them were taught by him? Or Mrs Wilson?

Why don't they have a story to tell - and why haven't the journalists who reported - at a national level - his banning of all those minority groups, done any digging?

HOLA443
24 minutes ago, mrtickle said:

Right. But those children will all be grown up now.

Surely, somewhere, some of them were taught by him? Or Mrs Wilson?

Why don't they have a story to tell - and why haven't the journalists who reported - at a national level - his banning of all those minority groups, done any digging?

One of the articles states that they were teachers at a south London comprehensive before their BTL business took off. 

He would have needed a degree at the very least. Did he do that at the OU when he was a professional boxer?

I never believe a word he says.

Actually - a bit of detail here:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3115091/Ex-maths-teachers-Britain-s-biggest-buy-let-couple-start-selling-1-000-strong-property-empire-bid-make-100m-profit.html

The couple [met] while training to be teachers at Goldsmiths College, London in the 1960s, and bought their first home, a three-bedroom semi in Maidstone in 1975. 

Edited by Ah-so

HOLA444
On 16/09/2018 at 10:53, oatbake said:

And if we need a reminder of how unpleasant these guys are, here is a reminder: 

Oh this is horrible. So “getting a job is a passport to housing” snorts judging Fergus. 

But the point is (well, one of dozens of points I guess) the tenant has a job. They just don’t have the same borrowing power as fatty. 

Judith tells them “to get off their backside and get a job” 

But ugly fat Bonnie & Clyde don’t have jobs. They have borrowed money to buy housing to let out at a higher cost to them....and glean the profit. Fair enough unless by doing so they in turn drive up prices. Fergus increased rents because house prices went up...you can’t make this stuff up  

The lady tenant who is a ‘carer’ should be able to afford a house. If that meant the price should be £50k instead of £180k then so be it. 

S24 is a really helpful step. But housing benefit is pushing the demand. I can now see why it is no longer paid direct to LLs. It’s a shame those who need are not provided with homes and we remove this balmy system where effectively private landlords are receuvibg benefits. (Directly or Indirectly). 

What an awful, horrid, nasty, evil couple of entitled people. These two videos in this thread (I only attached one) should be viewed at schools and by the government everyday. 

Awful. 

Edited by Pop321

HOLA445
1 hour ago, Pop321 said:

These two videos in this thread (I only attached one) should be viewed at schools and by the government everyday.

They should be viewed by politicians and central bankers the next time house prices turn south and they switch on the money pumps to keep credit cheap and house prices high. 'This is who you are bailing out, you are keeping houses in these people's hands instead of allowing them to pass to first time buyers who just want to build a stable home and a life for themselves.'

HOLA446
4 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

They should be viewed by politicians and central bankers the next time house prices turn south and they switch on the money pumps to keep credit cheap and house prices high. 'This is who you are bailing out, you are keeping houses in these people's hands instead of allowing them to pass to first time buyers who just want to build a stable home and a life for themselves.'

I think politicians are worried about the first time buyers who bought just before prices went south.  Of course they should have stopped prices rising crazily (although of course a lot of the politicians responsible for that are no longer in Government, Osborne, Brown etc).

Saying that I agree with you, just think it is tricky.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
15 minutes ago, iamnumerate said:

I think politicians are worried about the first time buyers who bought just before prices went south.  Of course they should have stopped prices rising crazily (although of course a lot of the politicians responsible for that are no longer in Government, Osborne, Brown etc).

Saying that I agree with you, just think it is tricky.

The Government needs to have prepared a "Help to Move" scheme which would allow those who have negative equity to move house if when required.  Once you know how you will keep the market moving you can then remove all the support.

HOLA4410
10 minutes ago, Houdini said:

The Government needs to have prepared a "Help to Move" scheme which would allow those who have negative equity to move house if when required.  Once you know how you will keep the market moving you can then remove all the support.

Would be better than what they have done for the last 10 years - although it would cause moral hazard.

• 4 weeks later...
HOLA4411

Obviously you can’t believe a word of what he says... but here’s what he’s saying now...

https://www.property118.com/stopped-letting-properties-fergus-wilson/

Like all employers in the South East I was heavily dependent on an East European workforce. On 1st October, 2018 at 7.30am a Hungarian workman did not turn up for work. He telephoned to say he was on the ferry heading for Calais as he had been offered a job the previous night in Germany. So he just up and went.

Yesterday I lost two more Romanian workmen reducing the number to 6 full time workmen compared to 14 in October 2008.

I have therefore taken the decision to stop letting properties in Ashford and Maidstone for the foreseeable future. Without East European staff I cannot operate!

It is virtually impossible for a tenant to find a property to let in Maidstone. I have sold four houses in the past week and those tenants, all East European, have lost their homes.

If you cannot maintain houses to the correct standard and deliver Heating Services promptly in winter then there is little option, but to cease to rent out properties.

I have tenants who have been with me since 2005 and 2006 and am loathed to end their tenancies, but simply can no longer offer the service necessary.

Whether this is to do with Brexit or not need not concern me. I have to deal with the present day situation. It just cannot go on.

Fergus

HOLA4412

What is more miraculous is that he's still alive... his quality of life must be terrible despite what some see as financial success. He's very overweight and no doubt plagued with the negative health consequences of it, plus dealing with all the stress of being heavily indebted to banks and having to administer over heaps of tenants.

I wouldn't wish his email inbox or answering machine on anyone... just filled with the collective ball-ache of folk complaining en-masse.

What happened to retiring and enjoying your end of life in peace?

HOLA4413
37 minutes ago, cashinmattress said:

What is more miraculous is that he's still alive... his quality of life must be terrible despite what some see as financial success. He's very overweight and no doubt plagued with the negative health consequences of it, plus dealing with all the stress of being heavily indebted to banks and having to administer over heaps of tenants.

I wouldn't wish his email inbox or answering machine on anyone... just filled with the collective ball-ache of folk complaining en-masse.

He has type 2 diabetes for starters although it hasn't led him to shed any of his excess blubber.

HOLA4414
53 minutes ago, Lavalas said:

Obviously you can’t believe a word of what he says... but here’s what he’s saying now...

Like all employers in the South East I was heavily dependent on an East European workforce. On 1st October, 2018 at 7.30am a Hungarian workman did not turn up for work. He telephoned to say he was on the ferry heading for Calais as he had been offered a job the previous night in Germany. So he just up and went.

Yesterday I lost two more Romanian workmen reducing the number to 6 full time workmen compared to 14 in October 2008.

I have therefore taken the decision to stop letting properties in Ashford and Maidstone for the foreseeable future. Without East European staff I cannot operate!

It is virtually impossible for a tenant to find a property to let in Maidstone. I have sold four houses in the past week and those tenants, all East European, have lost their homes.

If you cannot maintain houses to the correct standard and deliver Heating Services promptly in winter then there is little option, but to cease to rent out properties.

I have tenants who have been with me since 2005 and 2006 and am loathed to end their tenancies, but simply can no longer offer the service necessary.

Whether this is to do with Brexit or not need not concern me. I have to deal with the present day situation. It just cannot go on.

Fergus

If he has stopped letting, then surely if I go onto Rightmove there will be no Wilson properties to let.

I think I already know the answer to this and can't even be bothered with the fact check.

HOLA4415
59 minutes ago, Lavalas said:

Fergus

RM, To Rent, Maidstone within 3 miles - 420 results.

Lisy by Oldest first - quite a lot of stuff thats been on months .

HOLA4416
50 minutes ago, cashinmattress said:

Who cares, he has Judith to go home to - he's a lucky man.

HOLA4417
2 hours ago, Lavalas said:

So he kicks them out of his rental properties and then moans he can't hire any because they've gone back to their own countries. What a plonker!

• 4 weeks later...
HOLA4418
On 16/09/2018 at 09:55, Ah-so said:

An update today:

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/ashford/news/landlady-in-hot-water-as-judge-forces-her-to-reveal-wealth-in-boiler-row-193219/

Judith lost the court case and then defied a court order to fix the boiler of her disabled tenant. Now she has to hand over details of her financial assets and income (including any joint accounts) so that the court can impose a suitable punitive fine. Should make interesting reading if her financial situation is made public.

Once again Fatty threatens to sell up in retaliation:

The ruling will “accelerate the rate” tenants are evicted as the couple look to sell up their housing empire, Mr Wilson said.

“Let’s see what happens with the fine, but it means we will be selling more properties," he said.

"We were selling up anyway because of our age - I could drop dead tomorrow.

“We won’t put all the homes on the market at once because that would mean house prices will drop.”

HOLA4419
13 minutes ago, Little Professor said:

An update today:

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/ashford/news/landlady-in-hot-water-as-judge-forces-her-to-reveal-wealth-in-boiler-row-193219/

Judith lost the court case and then defied a court order to fix the boiler of her disabled tenant. Now she has to hand over details of her financial assets and income (including any joint accounts) so that the court can impose a suitable punitive fine. Should make interesting reading if her financial situation is made public.

The ruling will “accelerate the rate” tenants are evicted as the couple look to sell up their housing empire, Mr Wilson said.

“Let’s see what happens with the fine, but it means we will be selling more properties," he said.

“We won’t put all the homes on the market at once because that would mean house prices will drop.”

I though that they owned 900 homes in Ashford - surely if they are going to do it bit by bit, they will not be able to finish for 20 years.

(No idea how many homes are sold in Ashford per year).

HOLA4420
16 minutes ago, iamnumerate said:

I though that they owned 900 homes in Ashford - surely if they are going to do it bit by bit, they will not be able to finish for 20 years.

(No idea how many homes are sold in Ashford per year).

Buying them/hoovering them up as quickly as they did din't have any effect on prices of course? Ummmm ... no, of course not ... until their "ability" to outbid any OO meant that they did.

Now they want to dispose of their means of exploitation without "undoing" (some of?) their effect on the market? Numpties. Logic fail.

They are either idiots or they deserve everything everyone says about them.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
1 hour ago, Little Professor said:

He's a moron. Saying he's going to sell them all is as good as putting them all on the market at the same time. 

HOLA4423
1 hour ago, Little Professor said:

An update today:

Hopefully this will tip them over the edge. Will they need an accountant to sign off on their accounts?

HOLA4424
44 minutes ago, Si1 said:

Hopefully this will tip them over the edge. Will they need an accountant to sign off on their accounts?

One would hope they have an accountant managing their books all the time. Otherwise how did they get those mortgages in the first place? Ah, no, wait. Maybe that accountant is not the best choice for the job?

EDIT/CORRECTION: that accountant probably doesn't see all her "wealth" in the first place.

Edited by Aidan Ap Word
Correction

HOLA4425
1 hour ago, Aidan Ap Word said:

One would hope they have an accountant managing their books all the time. Otherwise how did they get those mortgages in the first place? Ah, no, wait. Maybe that accountant is not the best choice for the job?

EDIT/CORRECTION: that accountant probably doesn't see all her "wealth" in the first place.

well if the council can get the fine in place BEFORE he sells up then he'll be paying CGT on the properties as well.

..and with a bit of bad marketing to boot.......

ie they get a reputation for exploitation of rents,same view should be taken of their interpretation of "market value"..should make for a very juicy discount being demanded in order to purchase....please god any prospective buyers have massive chains!..should clog up the legal side of trying to offload for a good few months!?