House Price Crash Forum

'fergus Wilson -Selling Semis And Putting Up Rents'-- Merged Threads

HOLA441

comments are more sensible. He won't like this one!

13:04 PM, 27th November 2018
About 9 hours ago

I would only wear one during special occasions such as serving possession notices to provide evidence of posting. It's important in this instance that you can demonstrate a seamless video that shows the content of the letter, putting the letter in the envelope and posting it at the right address. Otherwise I suspect it would not be well received by tenants. To record every verbal communication - get real. I guess it depends on the type of tenant sector that you serve.

:)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
16 hours ago, kirstieb said:

https://www.property118.com/landlords-wear-body-cameras/

He's decided to wear a body cam now, he says it's to cover himself for court but it's more likely to be the amount of abuse he receives on a daily basis 

? do you think the body cam footage can be used in court against him when a tenat tells him on cam to fix the boiler within a reasonable timeframe and he fails to do so?

HOLA445
HOLA446
17 minutes ago, oatbake said:

What are the GDPR implications? Can tenants request a copy (for free) of any footage? How long does it need to be kept for? Sounds like an admin nightmare if tenants were to submit requests en masse....

Good spot. There almost certainly are GDPR implications, although I imagine that he already has to operate within the GDPR in handling client records, so this will be an extension.

HOLA447
5 hours ago, Ah-so said:

Good spot. There almost certainly are GDPR implications, although I imagine that he already has to operate within the GDPR in handling client records, so this will be an extension.

I imagine that he already doesn't comply, even though he already has to. The only thing it will be an extension of is his flagrant law-breaking.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
1 hour ago, Ah-so said:

What do you mean?

... the ritual humiliation of a sleazy buy-to-let landlord felt deserved, but confused. Fergus Wilson, who once tried to ban single mothers, Asians and, weirdly, plumbers, from living in his properties, thought he was fronting a Dragon’s Den-style TV pilot, but he never seemed to realise that the piss was being taken. That moment, if it came at all, was not caught on camera. I suppose it’s good that his time was wasted, but then so was mine.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/dec/01/ministry-of-justice-review-channel-4-jolyon-rubinstein-heydon-prowse

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
On 28/11/2018 at 12:49, No One said:

? do you think the body cam footage can be used in court against him when a tenat tells him on cam to fix the boiler within a reasonable timeframe and he fails to do so?

I would pay good money for the footage of the moment his overburdened ticker finally gives up

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

She'll be there, accompanied by her husband and their massive sense of entitlement. And they won't be sending her to prison (assuming she complies with the order to supply her accounts in full). You get time to pay. But it does mean she'll probably spend Christmas with prison hanging over her.

HOLA4420
7 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

She'll be there, accompanied by her husband and their massive sense of entitlement. And they won't be sending her to prison (assuming she complies with the order to supply her accounts in full). You get time to pay. But it does mean she'll probably spend Christmas with prison hanging over her.

What are the chances they'll abscond to Malta?

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
14 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Is there a chance the fine will be large enough to necessitate they sell one or more properties? Could any of this affect their wider portfolio?