House Price Crash Forum

State Bank Of India 2.9% 5 Year Bond,

HOLA441

Anyone recommend the State bank of India?

I see they are doing a 2.9% bond ( not the highest you can get, 3.00 with other dodgy companies :lol: )

can anyone recommend them or is it a "too good to be true" ?

With UK deflation looming i'm thinking this is a great deal ( today ).

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I think we are both in the same boat.

It looks like they do have some protection.

http://www.sbiuk.com/personal-banking/personal/fixed-deposits/online-hi-return-fixed-deposit-account

I think we are all in the same boat !!!

I cant remember when I last opened a savings account with one of the traditional/state owned bank.

My riskiest investment is Zopa returning 5%+, but everything else is FCSC protected, for what thats worth,

HOLA446

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

I was sat in Bahrain airport yesterday and saw an advert for the Bank of India...I nearly took a photo of it to post here but then realised that I dont care that much.

It had a set of clocks implying that the bank had its finger on important financial time zones.

Hong Kong, Bahrain, South Africa, India and...GERMANY.

Now despite the fact that we do not associate economic centres with "countries" and that I can understand Bahrain and India being on the list...where is USA and UK??? Why Germany???

HOLA4410

I was sat in Bahrain airport yesterday and saw an advert for the Bank of India...I nearly took a photo of it to post here but then realised that I dont care that much.

It had a set of clocks implying that the bank had its finger on important financial time zones.

Hong Kong, Bahrain, South Africa, India and...GERMANY.

Now despite the fact that we do not associate economic centres with "countries" and that I can understand Bahrain and India being on the list...where is USA and UK??? Why Germany???

Germany, the most important economic power in Western Europe. Why not !!!

HOLA4411

Germany, the most important economic power in Western Europe. Why not !!!

I agree with you but there are probably several thousand employees in the City of London who do not.

That aside how can any bank leave out the USA?

I suppose we should be grateful that Brazil and Russia were not on that list.

It was all just an idle observation whilst waiting for my baggage....but perhaps we will start to see more references to the BRICS plus Germany and less to the Anglo American world in the future?

HOLA4412

I agree with you but there are probably several thousand employees in the City of London who do not.

That aside how can any bank leave out the USA?

I suppose we should be grateful that Brazil and Russia were not on that list.

It was all just an idle observation whilst waiting for my baggage....but perhaps we will start to see more references to the BRICS plus Germany and less to the Anglo American world in the future?

yeah, that's why we are in the mess we are in.

The US system and the UK system seems to be based on the same thing.....NOTHING OF ANY SUBSTANCE. Just self perpetuating debt. For anyone that thinks the Uk is going to face problems you must also suspect the US will be in a right state at some point and remember, the general populous there own guns !!! Not sure I'd want to be a US banker if it all goes south

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I was wondering where they in turn might invest a saver's savings.

They do BTL mortgages (for borrowers who apply and pass their criteria - not dragged into applying against their will).

http://www.sbiuk.com/personal-banking/personal/borrowing/buy-to-let-mortgages

HOLA4415

I was wondering where they in turn might invest a saver's savings.

They do BTL mortgages (for borrowers who apply and pass their criteria - not dragged into applying against their will).

http://www.sbiuk.com/personal-banking/personal/borrowing/buy-to-let-mortgages

Probably goes straight to India where interest rates are much higher.

Anyways, i've gone mental and got my 5 year bond.

another 15K less to invest waste on housing.

3% above inflation....thats good going :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418