House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ccc

Mo Farah

I remember someone ages ago mentioned on a thread here about certain people in the know pretty much certain he was - how shall I say - a 'special' athlete.

Can't find the thread so just trying to find out who it was as considering recent revelations they may have been onto something.

Wasn't it a thread where we were discussing the revelation that records are continuing to be broken in athletics and that evolution can't have sped us up that much in 100 years?

Does seem odd when you consider there has been YOY improvements in the chemical industry in the same time.

Wasn't it a thread where we were discussing the revelation that records are continuing to be broken in athletics and that evolution can't have sped us up that much in 100 years?

Does seem odd when you consider there has been YOY improvements in the chemical industry in the same time.

As i mentioned in the other threads, the 100m record pretty much tracks developments in pharmaceuticals.

Well he is from Somalia! I guess the people there have evolved to run from fast rockets! The Somali ladies are very pretty, but I guess the ones that could outrun rockets now live here! :blink:

If true - and I hope it is not - it will demolish another poster child of the left re immigration and multi-culturalism who were held up as 'best of british'....

He ran superbly in the UK olympics the whole country was on it's feet cheering on those fantastic performance's in the 5000 & 10,000 Mtrs!

It gave the whole country a real feelgood feeling and a great boost to the UK on the world stage.

Nah couldn't possibly................

As i mentioned in the other threads, the 100m record pretty much tracks developments in pharmaceuticals.

Yes I remember now. I think this calls for a regression curve!

I remember someone ages ago mentioned on a thread here about certain people in the know pretty much certain he was - how shall I say - a 'special' athlete.

Can't find the thread so just trying to find out who it was as considering recent revelations they may have been onto something.

I just assumed it was all that lovely nutritious Quorn that he eats.

What amuses me with the left is that it is ok that thousands of years of evolution may have made people from certain African countries better at running or basketball but thousands of years of a relatively advanced society won't have made Chinese or Indians better Google engineers.

Farah is lying

He is just upset that his Nike gravy train is coming to an end

Probably he will be getting a PR team to sort this out

There is no way he didn't know what was going on, I can't believe people are that naive to believe the shit he just said in that interview about wanting 'answers'

The forum on letsrun.com is very good - I think because its completely anonymous (dont even have to give an email), a large amount of what would probably be considered libelous stuff gets posted on there, some is just rubbish/trolling but subsequently has often turned out to be true. No smoke without fire, as they say.

There have been some great posts on there detailing the drugs bust of Lance, Powell/Gay and now Farah's group well before anything became public.

I suspect there are quite a few connected people there spilling the dirt anonymously.

I got about half way down this thread with a vague notion that I was missing something.

Then I realised that Mo Mowlam was someone different and I had absolutely no idea who Mo Farah was.

Mo Farah missed 2 drug tests before competing in the 2012 olympics claiming he didnt hear the door bell.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/33178292

Great Britain's Mo Farah missed two drugs tests before he went on to become a double gold medallist at London 2012, a newspaper has claimed.

Farah's first missed test appears to have been in early 2010, several months before he joined Alberto Salazar's Nike Oregon Project, says the Daily Mail.

The Mail says the second test was at Farah's home in February 2011, when he claimed not to have heard the doorbell.

Salazar denies allegations of doping US athlete Galen Rupp in 2002.

A missed test should be taken as a failure. Athletes should be suspended immediately following a 'missed' test, pending investigation.

Each to their own but I'm not reading anything into the missed tests, footballers miss them for a pastime but not IMO because they are involved in doping.

Each to their own but I'm not reading anything into the missed tests, footballers miss them for a pastime but not IMO because they are involved in doping.

Without an adequate explanation the only thing one could read into a missed test is that the athlete in question has something to conceal from said test.

Hence they should be suspended pending investigation. If a very good reason for the miss is found (i.e. a family death, emergency, honest mistake which can be proved etc etc) then that is fine.

Without an adequate explanation the only thing one could read into a missed test is that the athlete in question has something to conceal from said test.

Hence they should be suspended pending investigation. If a very good reason for the miss is found (i.e. a family death, emergency, honest mistake which can be proved etc etc) then that is fine.

An approach that'll wrongly condemn many clean athletes.

Wouldn't have thought there was much benefit in drugs for a long distance runner. But don't full understand the science.

Anything that carries more oxygen around the muscles is good. I thought that blood-doping (you save some of your own blood and then put back in the red platelets before a race) was both effective and undetectable.

Wouldn't have thought there was much benefit in drugs for a long distance runner. But don't full understand the science.

Are you kidding? there are performance-enhancing drugs for every sport and every distance. Even snooker players pop pills now.

is that a serious post?

Just EPO/blood doping alone gives over 10% performance increase, depending on the measurement

Many drugs these days just help you train harder without getting injured

Most bodies can't cope with the training schedule without breaking down - but if you are doped up that doesn't matter. If you are able to fit in 20% more training sessions over your competitors, you've already won

is that a serious post?

Just EPO/blood doping alone gives over 10% performance increase, depending on the measurement

Many drugs these days just help you train harder without getting injured

Most bodies can't cope with the training schedule without breaking down - but if you are doped up that doesn't matter. If you are able to fit in 20% more training sessions over your competitors, you've already won

Which apparently - or so I have read - is why many more 'backward' countries are favourites for pre-season training for athletes. [LIttle if any drugs testing - and very open to corruption for a small price]

They go to these places - dope up to the max - train to the extreme - and by the time they get back to actual racing - all gone from their system. The advantage of the training is still there though.

Quite cunning really.