House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Once in a lifetime

Bad Debts Increase At Lloyds Tsb

Bad debts increase at Lloyds TSB

BANKING group Lloyds TSB warned yesterday that it had seen a higher percentage of bad debt in the UK as more of its customers fell into repayment difficulties.

Lloyds still paying dividends despite jump in bad debt

Yesterday’s trading statement could be read either way.

For the bulls, trading is “satisfactory”, costs are under control and margins are stable.

But the bears homed in on the bad-debts position, which is worsening. There is an unwelcome change in tone from July, when Mr Daniels suggested that the worst — in terms of credit deterioration — might be over in UK personal lending. Yesterday he alerted investors to “further deterioration”. More customers were struggling to pay back loans and interest.

That is funny, is it an analyst joke? :lol:

Rich, if only! :lol:

I was thinking about classifying borrowers into different categories - maybe compiling a list for their assistance.

The Action Man - Lending to a guy who is holding down 5 jobs and apparently working 20 hours a day.

The Barbie - Loan for tits and lips - self security for the borrower but how does the lender retireve assets in default?

The Walter Mitty - Don't worry, aunt Agnes is a Franco-Paraguayan coffee bean magnate, when she pops her clogs I'll repay the loan.

The Lender Bender - No assets, no security but a hell of a party on tick - Watch out for £100 wind-tunnel haircuts and wide collars.

I was thinking about classifying borrowers into different categories - maybe compiling a list for their assistance.

The Action Man - Lending to a guy who is holding down 5 jobs and apparently working 20 hours a day.

The Barbie - Loan for tits and lips - self security for the borrower but how does the lender retireve assets in default?

The Walter Mitty - Don't worry, aunt Agnes is a Franco-Paraguayan coffee bean magnate, when she pops her clogs I'll repay the loan.

The Lender Bender - No assets, no security but a hell of a party on tick - Watch out for £100 wind-tunnel haircuts and wide collars.

Excellent categories. Brightens one's day.

VP

OnlyMe,

You wag! :lol::lol::lol: