House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fru-gal

How To Build A Rental Home Empire: Why Stop At One Property? Invest Wisely And You'll Be Surprised At What's Possible

Seems to me that the desperation is starting to become palpable.

It's by that woman from PropertyTribes that you posted a couple of days back on something else.

She's basically a loser who fell on her feet thru' accident.

I don't think she's actually landed yet, just hit a branch on the way down.

It's by that woman from PropertyTribes that you posted a couple of days back on something else.

She's basically a loser who fell on her feet thru' accident.

Here she is, back in the day. Never forget, LOL.

Here she is, back in the day. Never forget, LOL.

Yep she used to be married to Ricky Warwick from Tthe Almighty when she was still anti-establishment :lol:.

Is the Daily Mail the shoeshine boy of BTL?

They are VIs (owning a share of Zoopla) shoeshine boys were bullish. Selling to greater fools IMO.

I'm calling market top purely, the pool of speculators are diminishing now FTBs are at an all time low.

Looking to buy our next home in 12-18months after the dust has settled.

They are VIs (owning a share of Zoopla) shoeshine boys were bullish. Selling to greater fools IMO.

I'm calling market top purely, the pool of speculators are diminishing now FTBs are at an all time low.

Looking to buy our next home in 12-18months after the dust has settled.

I'm possibly going to buy some land in this time if it looks as if it'll be 20% cheaper than buying.

But for the dust to have settled in 18 months we'll need chaos to have started in the housing market imminently, now other then the top end of London market sold prices haven't came down and are still utterly ridiculous, so what in your mind is imminently going to crash the market?

I'm possibly going to buy some land in this time if it looks as if it'll be 20% cheaper than buying.

But for the dust to have settled in 18 months we'll need chaos to have started in the housing market imminently, now other then the top end of London market sold prices haven't came down and are still utterly ridiculous, so what in your mind is imminently going to crash the market?

The number of transactions (house sales) in London is down 22% year on year to March. Liquidity will be the driving force as sellers run out of buyers especially as I can see profit taking from the professionals soon after we'll enter the fear phase and panic sellers will flood the market. It is a biflationary environment we are heading into as capital moves away from debt based assets (bonds/property) and into hard assets.

The number of transactions (house sales) in London is down 22% year on year to March. Liquidity will be the driving force as sellers run out of buyers especially as I can see profit taking from the professionals soon after we'll enter the fear phase and panic sellers will flood the market. It is a biflationary environment we are heading into as capital moves away from debt based assets (bonds/property) and into hard assets.

But do you not think when the next liquidity problem starts they'll just print to the heavens and go for negative interest rates ... i just can't see them letting market forces do as they please, recent history has shown us this.

But is this because of the election, MMR or other things (China/Russia buyers no longer buying?) etc.

But is this because of the election, MMR or other things (China/Russia buyers no longer buying?) etc.

Normally its lots.

MMR, Russian/Chinese not buying, house prices being too high.

Certainly, there are many levers at play, far too make to make inference from in a paragraph. The latter Chinese/Russian buyers you mention I don't believe ever existed at least in sufficient numbers to manipulate the market especially as they were buying at the top end in London and elsewhere for run of the mill stuff (flats and apartments in Manchester/Leeds comes to mind). No that line was spun to ensure hard working Londoners took the bate and the incentives to outbid one another but not the Chinese/Russians they were playing in another playground. Flag flyers that is all they were. Useful fools the rest of them/us.

Deutsche bank have recently said that the Fed is talking up the US economy and that the recovery is just an illusion. It's potentially getting serious now :P

They also have derivatives on balance sheet going into trillions of dollars.

Popcorn anyone? :D

"The dilemma for the Fed is of course that it is precisely the decision not to crash the housing market by doing extraordinary stimulus in the first place that has led to the current outcome of weak ex housing demand and strong housing inflation. The decision is akin to embracing financial repression as an alternative to the uncertainty of asset price deflation and a debt default cycle. If we could reset house prices 30 percent lower and fast forward a few years, the economy would probably be meaningfully more dynamic but it is those few years that might be hairy and no one let alone the Fed would likely stomach the risks."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05-31/fed-has-been-horribly-wrong-deutsche-bank-admits-dares-ask-if-yellen-planning-housin

I can certainly see your point, however this is what they said about Peter Schiff. Laughed at him on TV saying sub prime was fine. We all know how that turned out :P

Schiff was specific.

We all know the economic fundamentals of the West are an utter catastrophe and could blow up at anytime, its just Zerohedge is hedging it bets by claiming literally everything is going to crash the economy. I just can't take that website seriously.

It was bonds last month when they shot up, since they've gone down again things have gone quiet on that front .... month before it was oil, and so on......

Personally i think anyone in a position of power such as Yellen will do all they can to pass the hot potato onto the next person so they can say they done a wonderful job, they're not going to deliberately crash the economy because they now realise QE and low interest rates have boosted asset prices and destroyed the spending power of working folk. (as surely they knew this before)

Schiff was specific.

We all know the economic fundamentals of the West are an utter catastrophe and could blow up at anytime, its just Zerohedge is hedging it bets by claiming literally everything is going to crash the economy. I just can't take that website seriously.

It was bonds last month when they shot up, since they've gone down again things have gone quiet on that front .... month before it was oil, and so on......

Personally i think anyone in a position of power such as Yellen will do all they can to pass the hot potato onto the next person so they can say they done a wonderful job, they're not going to deliberately crash the economy because they now realise QE and low interest rates have boosted asset prices and destroyed the spending power of working folk. (as surely they knew this before)

Agree, although they occasionally have some good links to information, I stopped reading the actual website years ago.