House Price Crash Forum

Poor Extermination From London

HOLA441

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/great-gran-forced-out-home-5180794

We are being forced out of our homes, our housing torn down, our presence eradicated,” resident Karim Khalick wrote in a statement to the inquiry. “What can you call that, other than social cleansing?” Although almost three times the number of homes than already exist in West Hendon, there will be less than half the current amount of social housing.

The result will be 199 fewer homes on the estate classed as social or affordable housing.

Barnet Council says people on secure tenancies will be rehoused on the estate. Residents say that back in 2002 – when regeneration was first proposed – they were promised ‘like for like’. But now they claim they are now being forced away from the waterside and into smaller flats. Meanwhile, for the next eight years they will live in a high-rise block on a traffic island next to a building site.

HOLA442

Those of us who didn't get the privilege of subsidised housing but had to pay for it instead were socially cleansed from London long ago. Just over thirty years in my case.

And we used to dream of a high-rise block on a traffic island next to a building site. With no hint of Yorkshire blood. :blink:

HOLA443

You lucky bogger, we used to dream of getting socially cleansed out of London! Growing up in the rural shires that would have been beyond our wildest ambitions!

HOLA444
HOLA445

That's terrible, the UK needs to house the imported labour, providing essential skills and paying tax to government:

'And “insecure tenants” like Lubna Ahmed, 42, will have to leave the estate altogether. Despite having lived on the estate for almost nine years, the ex-care worker, now severely disabled, has no rights. Lubna has four visits a day from carers because of Type I diabetes, epilepsy and kidney disease. “The regeneration has turned my world upside down,” she says.'

Well. we certainly got our money from that one.

Why the fck does she need 4 visitors for those?

HOLA446

That's terrible, the UK needs to house the imported labour, providing essential skills and paying tax to government:

'And “insecure tenants” like Lubna Ahmed, 42, will have to leave the estate altogether. Despite having lived on the estate for almost nine years, the ex-care worker, now severely disabled, has no rights. Lubna has four visits a day from carers because of Type I diabetes, epilepsy and kidney disease. “The regeneration has turned my world upside down,” she says.'

Well. we certainly got our money from that one.

Why the fck does she need 4 visitors for those?

Why should she be paid to live in London?

HOLA447
HOLA448

Are people on this forum really envious of a severely disabled ex-care worker, on the verge of eviction, because they live in a council house in Barnet?

The point is why are we importing unskilled labour and spending 10s of thousands a year on them.

The left want to solve the worlds problems at our expense.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

The point is why are we importing unskilled labour and spending 10s of thousands a year on them.

Why? Because no one else is going to vote for Labour.

HOLA4411

"I was born only a few streets away and I’ve lived in this borough all my life."

HOLA4412

Enough said and since I was born in North London the contrast is my admittedly Lithuanian Dad and Kentish Town born Mum, were never anywhere near getting a council place despite applying from the 50's

But then again they were hard working people who had self respect

Not all immigrants are equal Timak far from it, so don't play the sympathy card.

HOLA4413

Also, good to see people fighting back. Hopefully this will create a movement to speak out against the rich and vested interests and for those in social and private rented housing who don't really have any say.

Do you think the "rich" care one way or the other if their servants are warehoused in Barnet or Slough or Luton? Where was the uproar as the English working class was ethnically cleansed from London to be replaced by imported serfs and Labour placemen?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I have my sympathy for those who have paid for their flats. They should get a fair market value. However, those who think that they are entitled to a property at the location they want, for whatever reason, should be made to think rationally.

If care worker is classified as key worker then the Lady may have had a chance to buy her flat through the Key worker scheme.

HOLA4416

Enough said and since I was born in North London the contrast is my admittedly Lithuanian Dad and Kentish Town born Mum, were never anywhere near getting a council place despite applying from the 50's

But then again they were hard working people who had self respect

Not all immigrants are equal Timak far from it, so don't play the sympathy card.

No disrespect intended to your father but in the 50s it was possible to work in a manual job and afford to live London, forward 60 years the same hard working Lithuanian with self respect to work on a building site won't be able to afford to live in London without taxpayers help be it via housing benefit, tax credits etc...

But these things never get debated by the powers that be all we get is hard working Europeans doing work lazy Brits won't do.

HOLA4417

No disrespect intended to your father but in the 50s it was possible to work in a manual job and afford to live London, forward 60 years the same hard working Lithuanian with self respect to work on a building site won't be able to afford to live in London without taxpayers help be it via housing benefit, tax credits etc...

But these things never get debated by the powers that be all we get is hard working Europeans doing work lazy Brits won't do.

none taken and totally agree but the immigrant bit was there were strict controls full medicals etc anyone who would be a potential burden would be sent away. You are very right also about the lazy brit debate it so far more nuanced than that

HOLA4418

none taken and totally agree but the immigrant bit was there were strict controls full medicals etc anyone who would be a potential burden would be sent away. You are very right also about the lazy brit debate it so far more nuanced than that

Irony is if you were lazy on a building site you'd last about a day no matter which country you're from, though not one of the political elite have ever been close to such a place with the intention of doing a days work.

However if i was a 30 year old Lithuanian coming over to earn many times what i can earn back home i'd be looking to do far more hours than the 30 year old Brit with a wife, kids, friends and hobbies close by.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

One of my parents neighbours was a Labourer who bought in the 50s (he died recently) the house now would cost £600k.