House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyguy

Roidrages - What's Your Experience

Connected to the sad news about the family killed in Oxford.

The news report went 'blah blah blah body building blah blah'.

My brother used to work on the doors. He got into the whole steroid scene'

It drove him nuts. He gave it up when he stubbed his finger and blanked out in rage that destroyed his flat.

WTF would a girl shack up with anyone who's into bodybuilding? AFAICT *ALL* bodybuilders are using sterioids.

I used to work in a pharmacy that supplied clean needles to intravenous drug users. We supplied a lot, mostly to heroin users, but occasionally the body builders would use the service too. It was pretty easy to spot the difference between the two groups, but the body builder would often tell you that they were using the needles for steroids, usually because they didn't want you to think they were "junkies".

I had a conversation with one of the steroid users about the effects. He had stopped using them for about 6 months and was quite open about it. He'd started using them when he joined a local American Football team, and said the effects were dramatic. He described it as feeling like he was able to run through a brick wall. He quickly noticed too that he was getting big mood swings, which started off as shouting, but progressed to throwing stuff at the wall etc. He eventually realised he had to quit when he found himself with his hands around his girlfriend's throat in front of their 2yo daughter. Luckily, he quit and got his life back.

The thing that struck me as strange was that he was taking steroids purely to improve his performance in an amateur American Football team. He wasn't a body builder, as such. It must go on in other amateur sports as well.

I thought this was about phones.

I'm quite a fan of the RoidRage 950 myself.

Apart from the fact that it shouts at you loudly to ****** off and gives you an electric shock when you try to phone your mates.

Most of the cops pictured on the daily rage website looked like they were loaded down with so much gear even getting out of the van to walk round the park must have been an effort, let alone chasing after someone. Is it really necessary to pack two walkie talkies, a sidearm, carbine etc ?

Connected to the sad news about the family killed in Oxford.

The news report went 'blah blah blah body building blah blah'.

My brother used to work on the doors. He got into the whole steroid scene'

It drove him nuts. He gave it up when he stubbed his finger and blanked out in rage that destroyed his flat.

WTF would a girl shack up with anyone who's into bodybuilding? AFAICT *ALL* bodybuilders are using sterioids.

I can understand professionals using roids, because a natural bodybuilder doesn't have a hope in hell of competing with the sheer size that roids give you. It's a choice they make, and in all the cases I know, it's an informed choice they make. Whether I agree with them or not is irrelevant.

It's the amateurs that worry me, and I think there should be much, much better education available, because a lot of kids just jump into it without the foggiest idea what risks they are taking - and roid rage is only one of many.

Aside from that, I am quite happy in my opinion that a naturally muscular body looks a million times more appealing than a roid-made one.

I thought it was about piles.

:blink: ****! :D

I don't need any drugs to give me bad complexion and a tinky winky. And I'm angry anyway! :rolleyes:

Robbie_the_Robot_San_Diego_Comic_Con_200

Here's questoin - Why is Lost In Space never shown on telly?

And why do sci-fi films never get as much re-use from their props as Robbie did?

To add to that, a good friend of mine used roids for about 2 years, odd cycles here and there to begin with, and then almost constantly toward the end. When he finally quit, it took about 8 months of serious post cycle therapy before he started producing his own testosterone again (at least in reasonable amounts). During that time he was virtually suicidal, seriously depressed, and had no motivation, focus, or zest for life.

It's his story that always sticks in my mind if ever the idea comes into my head (which it does from time to time, and anyone into BB'ing who claims it doesn't is either a liar or they aren't trying hard enough).

I can understand professionals using roids, because a natural bodybuilder doesn't have a hope in hell of competing with the sheer size that roids give you. It's a choice they make, and in all the cases I know, it's an informed choice they make. Whether I agree with them or not is irrelevant.

It's the amateurs that worry me, and I think there should be much, much better education available, because a lot of kids just jump into it without the foggiest idea what risks they are taking - and roid rage is only one of many.

Aside from that, I am quite happy in my opinion that a naturally muscular body looks a million times more appealing than a roid-made one.

Its a choice, sure.

Is it informed? I doubt it.

To add to that, a good friend of mine used roids for about 2 years, odd cycles here and there to begin with, and then almost constantly toward the end. When he finally quit, it took about 8 months of serious post cycle therapy before he started producing his own testosterone again (at least in reasonable amounts). During that time he was virtually suicidal, seriously depressed, and had no motivation, focus, or zest for life.

It's his story that always sticks in my mind if ever the idea comes into my head (which it does from time to time, and anyone into BB'ing who claims it doesn't is either a liar or they aren't trying hard enough).

Crikey! Not a good trip then?

Its a choice, sure.

Is it informed? I doubt it.

For the pros? Yes, I think so, at least as I said, it has been in all the cases I know. We're talking about people who fight for every single 1% of advantage, I don't imagine them just randomly injecting synthetic hormones and hoping for the best.

Whereas your amateur who just wants to get big quickly is likely to do exactly that.

Not just bodybuilders...apparently most US college football teams are using such drugs. I mean, Lance Armstrong didnt look like a 'bodybuilder'...most guys that are in shape but have sedentary jobs are on steroids. There is simply not enough time to work, lead your life and stay in shape without using some kind of 'enhancer'

AFAIK no direct link has been found between steroids and aggression, more the kind of people who use them are vain/narcissistic and would be prone to rages regardless of whether they use steroids.

I think he's had better, yes :lol:

Serious shit then! Leave this stuff alone! Even LSD wears off in a few hours! I think it's a gay thing. What woman fancies a troll with no ****?

Not just bodybuilders...apparently most US college football teams are using such drugs. I mean, Lance Armstrong didnt look like a 'bodybuilder'...most guys that are in shape but have sedentary jobs are on steroids. There is simply not enough time to work, lead your life and stay in shape without using some kind of 'enhancer'

AFAIK no direct link has been found between steroids and aggression, more the kind of people who use them are vain/narcissistic and would be prone to rages regardless of whether they use steroids.

7 hours of exercise per week will keep you in great shape. Considering the average UK person watches 30 hours of TV a week, its BS that its not possible to have a sedentary job and keep yourself in shape. Its more a matter of choice as to how you choose to spend your time.

Serious shit then! Leave this stuff alone! Even LSD wears off in a few hours! I think it's a gay thing. What woman fancies a troll with no ****?

Steroids are just the start, wait till they get on the melanotan. What woman facies a troll with no **** who has the skintone of a mahogany sideboard?

Steroids are just the start, wait till they get on the melanotan. What woman facies a troll with no **** who has the skintone of a mahogany sideboard?

I think most women like either the skinny tall look like Russell Brand, or else the Rugby player look...muscular, but not defined or anything.

7 hours of exercise per week will keep you in great shape. Considering the average UK person watches 30 hours of TV a week, its BS that its not possible to have a sedentary job and keep yourself in shape. Its more a matter of choice as to how you choose to spend your time.

Absolutely. In the golden age of British middle distance running when athletics was still primarily an amateur sport, a lot of very successful guys also had full-time jobs.

Wooden black ladies from the 23rd century! :blink:

I think most women like either the skinny tall look like Russell Brand, or else the Rugby player look...muscular, but not defined or anything.

Swimmers body is #1 for burds.

Swimmers body is #1 for burds.

Disagree. Good friend of mine is a bodybuilder. 6'2", 17 stone in weight. 18" biceps etc. I stopped going to the pub with him because of the amount of attention he gets from both sexes. Makes it almost impossible to sit down and have a decent conversation.

Absolutely. In the golden age of British middle distance running when athletics was still primarily an amateur sport, a lot of very successful guys also had full-time jobs.

You dont think it somewhat odd all these records like the first 4 minute mile were set from the 1950s onwards.

What pre-1950 athletic records still stand today?

Of course, no one admits to it, but id say at least 20% of the 20-40 age male population is on some form of anabolic steroid.

I'm skinny and reasonably tall! Some go for the big guys and good luck to them. I will never get those ladies, but MrPin has been very lucky on occasions! I don't look like Mr Brand, BTW.