House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Time to raise the rents.

Local Hpi 7.6%

Evenin all.

This time last year we had a thread where everyone got to predict HPI for the next 12 months. I believe I said that HPI would be 7 to 8% in line with the long term average (then I made some point about whether I was right or wrong wasn't relevant because this was the long term average :D ).

Page 16 of the early edition of the Evening Standard today holds a story showing my area, Wandsworth, grew at 7.6%.

So I am ready to collect my prize for correctly predicting HPI for this year thanks........... B)

BTW, greater London was 4.7%. Hardly a HPC.......

Couldn't find a weblink sorry.

Is there a level (maybe in terms of price/income ratio) at which you would contemplate selling your properties? Are you going to keep them until you die?

Guest Time 2 raise Interest Rates

Rents You also said interest rates were going to fall quite rapidly

before Christmas. ;)

Evenin all.

This time last year we had a thread where everyone got to predict HPI for the next 12 months. I believe I said that HPI would be 7 to 8% in line with the long term average (then I made some point about whether I was right or wrong wasn't relevant because this was the long term average :D ).

Page 16 of the early edition of the Evening Standard today holds a story showing my area, Wandsworth, grew at 7.6%.

So I am ready to collect my prize for correctly predicting HPI for this year thanks........... B)

Mate.. like I said..

I am being offered and now chased for properties that have dropped from £170,000 to £130,000 already..

I ahve been phoned to say that if I am still interested I should go in as there are new deals that might interest me..

As much as you keep saying this..

I am way over 20% down..

and hell.. you win..

I never believed that they would drop this fast.

Evenin all.

Hi,

Well done, you have bucked the market in your own locality. What is the basis of the survey? Which body have compiled and reported the figures?

Boomer

Edited by boom_and_bust

Evenin all.

As the BTL guru Phil Spencer himself said earlier today, don't believe anything in the media.... <_<

before Christmas. ;)

USofA hit 4.25% tomorrow.. granted that does not get me short listed for a nobel prize in economic theory.

they are admitting that they are making their currency perform better then others in the global markets.

thats better then ours..

They are trying to draw invesments to the dollar from other currencies.. like ours..

they are doing this by raising IR's..

hmmnnn...

before Christmas. ;)

Did you get my PM a few days ago?

Mate.. like I said..

I am being offered and now chased for properties that have dropped from £170,000 to £130,000 already..

I ahve been phoned to say that if I am still interested I should go in as there are new deals that might interest me..

As much as you keep saying this..

I am way over 20% down..

and hell.. you win..

I never believed that they would drop this fast.

Yeah the same article says crap areas have suffered.

Is it therefore possible that there really has been a bubble in areas that rose without economic justification?

Did you get my PM a few days ago?

Yeah the same article says crap areas have suffered.

Is it therefore possible that there really has been a bubble in areas that rose without economic justification?

Hi,

Well done, you have bucked the market in your own locality. What is the basis of the survey? Which body have compiled and reported the figures?

Boomer

Evenin all.

Congratulations TTRTR!

:)

Tell me your address and I'll send you a balloon in the post.

It was based on Rightmove statistics.

do I win if I am actually looking at the same exact property design a year and a half later...?

Damn.. sorry.. the drop was real, and actually twice what I had said would happen.

I have a printed version of this story from todays early ES, page 16 as I said. However I'm very curious as to what's going on, because I also have the late edition and the story is gone. Neither does it appear on the internet anywhere I can see.

Could this be tomorrow's news & it was printed early by mistake?

Anyone who has the early edition can verify my story.

:D:D:D No.

Are you joking?

Are you joking?

No, I'm not. Next you'll be telling me the cheque's in the post.

:D:D:D No.

I wrote a PM to you last thursday congratulating you on winning the bet & inviting you to meet me at a pub (named in the PM) outside Clapham Junction tonight. I didn't get a reply from you obviously. I was going to settle the bet & you were going to buy the beers......:)

I don't send many PM's. I just checked my messages & can't find the one I wrote to you, so I have probably pressed the wrong tab & not sent it.

I can probably still do it tomorrow night if you like, can you though? I'm going back to Sweden until January thursday morning & am busy Wednesday evening.

I wrote a PM to you last thursday congratulating you on winning the bet & inviting you to meet me at a pub (named in the PM) outside Clapham Junction tonight. I didn't get a reply from you obviously. I was going to settle the bet & you were going to buy the beers......:)

I don't send many PM's. I just checked my messages & can't find the one I wrote to you, so I have probably pressed the wrong tab & not sent it.

I can probably still do it tomorrow night if you like, can you though? I'm going back to Sweden until January thursday morning & am busy Wednesday evening.

It just gets better all the time. Wrote emails, didn't send them. Can

meet you tomorrow but then I'm off to Sweden... No wonder you're in

to buy-to-let, all the credentials are there. :D I can't make tomorrow,

as much as I'd love to, hows about a double or quits for Feb '06? Last

time we spoke, it was option 3.

It just gets better all the time. Wrote emails, didn't send them. Can

meet you tomorrow but then I'm off to Sweden... No wonder you're in

to buy-to-let, all the credentials are there. :D I can't make tomorrow,

as much as I'd love to, hows about a double or quits for Feb '06? Last

time we spoke, it was option 3.

Give me some credit. I am immensely wealthy & settle my bills. :D

Not so sure about Feb 06 now. Mmmmm....tempting though.......thinking.......

Give me some credit. I am immensely wealthy & settle my bills. :D

Not so sure about Feb 06 now. Mmmmm....tempting though.......thinking.......

Tell you what, leave it until the New Year. Hoping you're still solvent

that is. :D Have a nice Christmas in Sweden. All the best.

I live in Wandsworth and it really is a tricky one to measure as there are loads of people with lots of money who just don't concern themselves with the odd £x0,000 on a house/flat price in the right area (it is a big borough with everything from £2m houses to ex council stuff). I have watched it like a hawk over the last 5 years and I can show you properties which have gone up a great deal since 2000 and those that have not. I can also show you properties on nethouseprices which went in 2003 or 2004 for 10-15% less than their 2001 prices. I think there are mixed messages here and some properties are still selling for good money (wealthy people will still pay to live there eg with families for schools reasons, childcare, low council tax etc etc).

For what its worth TTRTR, I think some particular micro areas in SW18 and SW11 are still catching up (not those which were the original "classic" Wandsworth roads) and others are long past peak. I would even say that the peak for some of SW18 was 2001/2002 with often only inflation based increases or even decreases since then. Flats in particular have been hit IMO in the last year or two. On the "quality" roads I am looking at prices are flat or down now and in many cases are, in real terms, at 2002/2003 levels.

Just to put it in perspective my old flat on a good road in SW18 went from £105k in 1996 to £245k in 2000 and £300k last year. Nearly 150% up in 4 years and then 20% up in another 4 years. Easy to see where the really big inflation occurred. That then fed into roads which were not originally so popular.

SW18 won't "crash" as badly as other areas of London but will come down I believe nonetheless.

Guest Bart of Darkness

Congratulations TTRTR, and here is your prize.

Sadly you don't have enough points for the holiday for two but instead, you get this super prize.

Didn't he do well? Good game, good game.