House Price Crash Forum

Bland Unsight's List Of Btl Bullshitters

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, this is getting a bit surreal.

I think you've got the tone of it exactly right!

But doesn't the fact that I get cast as a Nazi mean that I can invoke the Godwin's Law critique?

regarding_mussolini.png

And to give fair warning of the relentless commitment and cunning you can expect from me as self-appointed witchfinder general - I offer up my inspiration, Private Pike, and how he stood at arms to protect Brittania in the nation's hour of greatest need...

https://youtu.be/WwLE_piYTyc?t=12m41s

Edited by bland unsight

I think this is more Venger :P

:lol:

Great scene.

I'll roll with that, especially as the wait before the line and the fact he turns too suggests that she wasn't supposed to hear him say "Stupid cow", (which I'd forgotten but by a delightful, nay, spooky coincidence, was IIRC pretty much what Milkshock went with in the moderated post - it was definitely a bovine themed demonstration of his good character).

Our boy V-dog is a man in full, and wouldn't go in for that kind of thing.

Now, and treading carefully here, who in that scene suffered consequences but not as a result of their own actions? I'd say Spike and nobody else. The dusted vampire chose the worst town in the world to look for snacks; failure to DYOR. No defence there. As Spike argues, quite aside from the vampire attack, the woman was inappropriately shod in a dark alley; she puts herself in harm's way by failing to make a reasonable appraisal of the obvious risks, so she's got no defence.

However, Spike is just out for a walk and happens upon them. Through no fault of his own, he is inconvenienced.

Edited by bland unsight

...Now, and treading carefully here, who in that scene suffered consequences but not as a result of their own actions? I'd say Spike and nobody else. The dusted vampire chose the worst town in the world to look for snacks; failure to DYOR. No defence there. As Spike argues, quite aside from the vampire attack, the woman was inappropriately shod in a dark alley; she puts herself in harm's way by failing to make a reasonable appraisal of the obvious risks, so she's got no defence.

However, Spike is just out for a walk and happens upon them. Through no fault of his own, he is inconvenienced.

Which one is the BTLer and which is the bank? :D

Which one is the BTLer and which is the bank? :D

I don't know why this took me so long. Whoever leaves the alley is the bank. The one who gets out alive. The buy-to-let investors get dusted.

It even tallies with the vampire as metaphor in the show. Nicking wholesale from The Passion of the Nerd, the absence of the soul speaks to their inability, as moral beings, to comprehend the consequences of their actions, without that they are unable to be proper grown ups. The vampires are perpetual children, just like buy-to-let investors who know only one thing, pwoperdee madness, and lack the intellect to comprehend its consequences. Plus there is the whole leeching thing.

What we need now is a slayer.

article-2415153-1BAED736000005DC-829_308

That is not a chopping board. That is a very short, very thick stake.

Edited by bland unsight

If you've got the bone structure, ;)

Seeing as Milkshock's true colours briefly flitted across the main board earlier this afternoon, before being moderated off,

Shame I missed it.

They're all the same, can't even keep up a part time act. Trouble is there's thousands of Milkcocks out there who'll think they've made money and to them, that's all that ***** counts.

Edited by 25 year mortgage 8itch

I don't know why this took me so long. Whoever leaves the alley is the bank. The one who gets out alive. The buy-to-let investors get dusted.

It even tallies with the vampire as metaphor in the show. Nicking wholesale from The Passion of the Nerd, the absence of the soul speaks to their inability, as moral beings, to comprehend the consequences of their actions, without that they are unable to be proper grown ups. The vampires are perpetual children, just like buy-to-let investors who know only one thing, pwoperdee madness, and lack the intellect to comprehend its consequences. Plus there is the whole leeching thing.

What we need now is a slayer.

article-2415153-1BAED736000005DC-829_308

That is not a chopping board. That is a very short, very thick stake.

:lol: Love it!

Maybe this thread should be renamed Buffy's List of BTL Bullshitters?

giphy.gif

Shame I missed it.

They're all the same, can't even keep up a part time act. Trouble is there's thousands of Milkcocks out there who'll think they've made money and to them, that's all that ***** counts.

You are doubtless right that for the BTLer in the wild all that matters is the mad gainz and many of them, maybe most, are so dumb that the leverage causes them not a moment of disquiet. But I think that the ones we get here are self-selecting, by two possible mechanisms. Firstly, they may be the ones for whom the gains are not enough. They need to parade the gains. Secondly, they maybe the ones who've got a sub-conscious inkling that they may be the mug being taken for a ride by the bank. Either way, I'm pretty sure that whatever the reason they think they've washed up on our shores, the reason that the toys come out of their pram so immediately and with such force is that what they find at hpc is novel and unpleasant.

Edited by bland unsight

:lol: Love it!

Maybe this thread should be renamed Buffy's List of BTL Bullshitters?

The initial blank, guarded response from Giles dissolving into relief after the stake comes out - killer ensemble acting.

OK, the Spike clip could just have been adventitious googling, but this Hush gif, too? This looks like someone drawing on a knowledge base. Venger brought Spike to the party, and Glory too. I can die happy, a BtVS-hpc crossover thread focussed on buy-to-let investment. As Fats Waller said, "Somebody shoot me while I'm happy".

...OK, the Spike clip could just have been adventitious googling, but this Hush gif, too? This looks like someone drawing on a knowledge base. Venger brought Spike to the party, and Glory too. I can die happy, a BtVS-hpc crossover thread focussed on buy-to-let investment. As Fats Waller said, "Somebody shoot me while I'm happy".

I don't know what you're talking about, it's not like I have the box set or anything...

Faith is my favourite Slayer. So damaged, so dark, so tested, so strong.

tumblr_nntn0h8wvo1reohnmo2_500.gif

"It's just like fun, only boring." (Bit like waiting for the HPC against raging year-on-year HPI+++++ and excuses that buyers/BTLers don't know the risks/what they're doing/"there's advertising".)

tumblr_ma9rxijOGX1r32rq4o1_250.gif

Faith is my favourite Slayer. So damaged, so dark, so tested, so strong.

"It's just like fun, only boring." (Bit like waiting for the HPC against raging year-on-year HPI+++++ and excuses that buyers/BTLers don't know the risks/what they're doing/"there's advertising".)

Slay them all ;)

...The dusted vampire chose the worst town in the world to look for snacks; failure to DYOR. No defence there...

Btw if you like Eliza Dushku in general and you haven't seen it yet then you should check out

Slay them all ;)

Btw if you like Eliza Dushku in general and you haven't seen it yet then you should check out

Looks a bit complicated, but I might check it out.

'This house will fall' - sounds good - if only hpc could have more of that. :P

Although I see Cameron - Summer Glau - (a Terminator T-900 Cyberdyne Systems Class TOK715) from 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' appears to be in Season 2 of Dollhouse. Wikipedia say for 4 episodes - and I she was the best thing about that show for me (only seen YouTube clips of it).

Student guy: Is this your car?

Cameron: No; it belongs to the guy I killed and stuffed in the trunk.

Student guy (to 18-20 year old John Connor): Your sister's dark bro.