House Price Crash Forum

Bland Unsight's List Of Btl Bullshitters

HOLA441

Looks a bit complicated, but I might check it out.

'This house will fall' - sounds good - if only hpc could have more of that. :P

Although I see Cameron - Summer Glau - (a Terminator T-900 Cyberdyne Systems Class TOK715) from 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' appears to be in Season 2 of Dollhouse. Wikipedia say for 4 episodes - and I she was the best thing about that show for me (only seen YouTube clips of it).

I think it mainly looks complicated because they're trying really hard not to give away any of the plot twists in the trailer. Summer doesn't really play a big (or likeable as I remember it) character, nowhere near as good as she is in T:TSCC or Firefly/Serenity.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I'm seeing a lot of Caleb (one of the last of the Buffyverse 'Big Bads', who had a bit of a thing against women) in those clips from Firefly and Serenity.

It's all very tempting to watch a few more of these shows, but when they hook me, I watch them all. I've already forbidden myself from last 2 latest generations of Playstation/ XBox. I'd never get anything done at all if I had one of those.

There are too many openly Big Bads in the real market, that need to be staked.

HOLA447

I'm seeing a lot of Caleb (one of the last of the Buffyverse 'Big Bads', who had a bit of a thing against women) in those clips from Firefly and Serenity...

Firefly got canned after a single season and Serenity was a stand alone follow-up movie that wraps the whole thing up, so shouldn't take up too much of your time. Both are awesome, Joss Whedon created and directed.

I think you'd like Jayne (not Nathan Fillian, you might recognise him from a cameo in Angel) :D

HOLA448

The best thing about this thread is that I am loving it so much that I actually have misgivings about bringing it back on topic!

Back in the day whilst trading blows with a Jessica Zoo, sorry, talkloads'ocrap, sorry, sleepswell... Oh F**k it... we all know they are just a cipher - an inadvertent instigator of fun - would a rose etc.

Ah, so you recognise your own tactics. You never raised a salient point so there was nothing to refute or respond to. Merely the same old, same old.

Anyway I'll leave you to your zealotry, I was once told "never play with pigs, you'll end up covered in shit, and they'll just be enjoying themselves"

This - I thought this...

I know you are, you said you are, so what am I?

It just took me a couple of days shy of a fortnight to remember it, because you know, being 40+ not eight and the whole no longer a total f**king idiot thing...

Edited by bland unsight

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA449

They (the govt and bankers) learnt their lesson in the last crash, mega cheap money awash,govt meddling,PPI,car scrappage,all worked its magic, I was getting 6.5% on my money, (str in Dec 2007) I then bought my own house (2012) and 3 BTL (2013),s all due to the above, my houses were all probate buys at 2002 prices as i put in really low offers and now worth (at the moment) £160k more than I payed. 2012-13 was the year to buy with cash they would snap your hand off. My BTL are keepers for at least 30years so I dont really care if they go up or down.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/205419-when-will-the-hpc-actually-happen/?p=1102744448

HOLA4410

Interesting.

My BTL are keepers for at least 30years so I dont really care if they go up or down.

The extent to which risk is acknowledged is on the balance sheet side, with no apparent awareness that negative cash flows could force the issue at a time when the balance sheet side was dodgy - and the poster has at least considered some of the risks and found their way to hpc.

HOLA4411

Interesting.

The extent to which risk is acknowledged is on the balance sheet side, with no apparent awareness that negative cash flows could force the issue at a time when the balance sheet side was dodgy - and the poster has at least considered some of the risks and found their way to hpc.

Yes, mainly just flagging as a BTLer.

My immediate thought is I wonder what s/he would expect to happen should BTL interest rates go up (due to increased risk weightings via Basel) and rents stay static (as already maximised to current income levels), but then I basically wonder that about any BTLer at this point.

HOLA4412

Interesting.

Maybe we should just ask every BTLer who posts at what level of interest rate their "investment" will become cash negative, and how far away their current mortgage loan is from the "Unsight Point" where you are paying to be a landlords.

Hey - we've got or own little BTL Stress Test, or BS test for short.....

HOLA4413

Maybe we should just ask every BTLer who posts at what level of interest rate their "investment" will become cash negative, and how far away their current mortgage loan is from the "Unsight Point" where you are paying to be a landlords.

Hey - we've got or own little BTL Stress Test, or BS test for short.....

I like very much! :D

Exiled Canadian FTW!

HOLA4414

Yes, mainly just flagging as a BTLer.

My immediate thought is I wonder what s/he would expect to happen should BTL interest rates go up (due to increased risk weightings via Basel) and rents stay static (as already maximised to current income levels), but then I basically wonder that about any BTLer at this point.

Picking up Exiled's remarks from another thread about the perspective of institutional investors on BTLers as the dumb money, I'd argue that the associated argument about pushing up rents were their profits to be extinguished by other factors is pretty much what defines contemporary late entrants BTLers as the dumb money.

They are, as Carney likes to point out, investors in an investor market, (where the sub-text is, and again h/t Exiled, that as investors they are big enough and ugly enough to look after themselves and if they are happy for the bank to fit them up with a money pit, then the Bank of England owes them no duty of care, and neither does anybody else).

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Thank you sir...now could you explain who "The Beatles" are?

Madam ;) Before I was born but I gather they were some kind of proto-boyband that played actual musical instruments and wrote really good songs, before the recording industry discovered that neither of these things are really necessary for making a ton of money (although if Blue are anything to go by they may be prerequisites for keeping it).

HOLA4419

Madam ;) Before I was born but I gather they were some kind of proto-boyband that played actual musical instruments and wrote really good songs, before the recording industry discovered that neither of these things are really necessary for making a ton of money (although if Blue are anything to go by they may be prerequisites for keeping it).

My apologies for an apparently mistaken gender assumption on my part. I've got a ton of questions I would like answered now.........

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Dude...I'm a middle aged internet square..what does "FTW" mean?

I share your pain. Urban Dictionary usually a good way to go. For the record when your achievement is acknowledged with a FTW you should feel a passing sensation akin to about 1 minute into the below, (but necessary to watch the whole clip first...)

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
♫ You've got no one to blame for your unhappiness - no baby - You got yourself into your own mess. ♫

Hikaru Sulu: If you test me, you will fail.

HOLA4424

I was just wondering if any of our resident BTLers would be inclined to give us a run down of how the latest Budget is likely to affect them? Efforts will of course be scored for BS but an absence of such will be afforded a measure of kudos, for honesty if nothing else ;)

HOLA4425

I was just wondering if any of our resident BTLers would be inclined to give us a run down of how the latest Budget is likely to affect them? Efforts will of course be scored for BS but an absence of such will be afforded a measure of kudos, for honesty if nothing else ;)

Exactly what I was thinking... although I don't expect it on this thread.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/204822-a-model-for-buy-to-let-pricing/?p=1102724096

Deposit is the standard 25%, rate is 3.5% fixed for 3 years.

We intend to keep it indefinitely, in fact the plan is to hand it to our daughter mortgage free when she is 21 (she is 20 months now!) to help her get a foot on the ladder.

I guess the market will tell us more, in the months to come... on whether expectations and BTLs and the math was as sure-thing / positive as they believed. I recall 2008 so many Inside Trackers on TV investigations saying they'd bought for their children/future children, to get them on ladder. So same thing occuring just few years later but at higher reflated prices.

Time for older worn-out renter parents, with kids in tow, to get a look in at buying a home, better rentals.. not for VI parents with one house to buy another for their babies to have house in future.. imo.

-Of the 14.4million homeowners in England, the largest number - by a considerable margin - are people aged 65 and over, equal to a record 30 per cent of the total. There are 4.3million homeowners in this age group, which is more than a million higher than the total number for any other age group. By comparison, there are just 2.6million ‘owner occupiers’ in the 35 to 44 age group, the age at which parents are raising a young family, with many desperate to do so in their own home. And the number between the age of 25 and 34, also with young families but likely to have had to pay an even higher price for their home, is nearly half this number at just 1.4million.

- According to the ONS, as of 2011, there were approximately 26.3m households in the UK.

• Of these, 66% are home owners, made up of 32% who own their home outright and 34% who have a first-charge mortgage.

• The remaining 34% are private or social tenants.

• This means that today around 8m own their homes outright, 9m own their homes with a mortgage and 9m rent.

- The private rented sector has grown by 72 per cent since 2001 and there are now over nine million people in England renting privately. The renting population has also changed. A third of renting households are families with children, and half of households renting are 35 or older.