House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EmmaRoid

What Would The Perfect Off Topic House Look Like?

It's evident that many miserable buggers here do not like any of the fashion changes or technological improvements in housing over the last 50 years, I was wondering what THE off topic house would look like.

At present I imagine it's something like a featherdown camping canvas Lodge. Although I realise the inside flushing toilet is a bit la dee dah for some people.

Like this I'd have thought:

Chena_River_Log_House.jpg

Land to enjoy and grow food on, a house you can build and repair yourself, trees for the logburner.

When staying regularly at a house not that long ago the outside loo had grass growing through the wall, freezing in the winter.....the bath was in the leanto with plastic coregated roof and was filled via a hose from the kitchen tap....black slag was the mortar between the bricks and the end if the back garden was higher than the roof of the house..happy days

I had a good picture, but I can't find the button that inserts a picture. :huh:

Depends where you want to insert it, Mr Pin.

On the Web Page sir. Do you not have the "Internet" beyond the Wall?

I would have quite liked Greyfriars Bus Station to live in. When the upkeep had exhausted my finances I could have always lived in it in a Big Issue selling White Lightening cider way.

greyfriars001.jpg

And all you would do is moan about your 3g signal.

If I ever get to live in my dream house (as in: have enough money to buy it and live out my days), it will have no internet connection :)