Net Immigration Up To 318K

Marshmellow

HOLA441
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

300k a year is insane, there's simply not enough housebuilding to accommodate them all. Certainly the private sector will be unable to deliver under the current planning regime, and the G doesn't do social housing anymore.

HOLA444
HOLA445

They are between a rock and a hard place. They have a worrying demographic problem with extreme unfunded liabilities and are desperately trying to find a solution.

The best they seem to have come up with is mass immigration but this comes with a lot of other unwanted side effects.

There is no way out of the mess they have created and either outright theft (see Cyprus) or hyperinflation are going to be the endgame.

HOLA446

300k a year is insane, there's simply not enough housebuilding to accommodate them all. Certainly the private sector will be unable to deliver under the current planning regime, and the G doesn't do social housing anymore.

Have you been to Heathrow or Gatwick recently?

I would say probably 8/10 of the staff are foreign. It is almost impossible to find an actual English worker

It is actually so extreme I wonder if it is deliberate as some sort of advertisement of 'Brand Britain' for all new visitors

HOLA447

They are between a rock and a hard place. They have a worrying demographic problem with extreme unfunded liabilities and are desperately trying to find a solution.

The best they seem to have come up with is mass immigration but this comes with a lot of other unwanted side effects.

There is no way out of the mess they have created and either outright theft (see Cyprus) or hyperinflation are going to be the endgame.

Thats nice. I assume all our polish friends wont be expecting UK pensions when they come to retire.

Or will we have to get Congolese immigrants to pay for the pensions of poles in 30 years time?

The reality is, productivity has more than doubled since the 70s, when democraphics were most favourable. We should have been able to maintain pension expenses with a far smaller workforce and maintain living standards on that alone.

Alas, that increase in productivity has all been stolen by the banks. (and to an extent, public sector lazyness)

HOLA448
HOLA449

If you're a frontier worker i.e you work here but your family still lives in Bulgaria, you can claim tax credits for them there. So they get the childs tax credit, etc, as the earner is earning his money and paying his taxes in the UK.

So if you have an EU worker here, living 10 to a shed, earning £15k. They pay marginal tax, but claim for their kids and wife back home. Polish tax credits, lets say, for children, are about 20% of what they are here, so they are already massively better off, but also pay less to survive here by living 10 to a shed.

Not an ideal way to live, but it's helping them out at home where they'd earn less.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Thats nice. I assume all our polish friends wont be expecting UK pensions when they come to retire.

Or will we have to get Congolese immigrants to pay for the pensions of poles in 30 years time?

The reality is, productivity has more than doubled since the 70s, when democraphics were most favourable. We should have been able to maintain pension expenses with a far smaller workforce and maintain living standards on that alone.

Alas, that increase in productivity has all been stolen by the banks. (and to an extent, public sector lazyness)

There was an old lady who swallowed a fly

I don't know why she swallowed a fly - perhaps she'll die!

There was an old lady who swallowed a spider,

That wriggled and wiggled and tiggled inside her;

She swallowed the spider to catch the fly;

I don't know why she swallowed a fly - Perhaps she'll die!

There was an old lady who swallowed a bird;

How absurd to swallow a bird.

She swallowed the bird to catch the spider,

There was an old lady who swallowed a cat;

Fancy that to swallow a cat!

She swallowed the cat to catch the bird,

There was an old lady that swallowed a dog;

What a hog, to swallow a dog;

She swallowed the dog to catch the cat,

There was an old lady who swallowed a cow,

I don't know how she swallowed a cow;

She swallowed the cow to catch the dog,

She swallowed the dog to catch the cat,

There was an old lady who swallowed a horse...

She's dead, of course!

HOLA4416

They have a worrying demographic because the locals are being priced out of house, home and families.

HOLA4417

Terrible, terrible. That is NET as well. 500k sheep herders in, 200k middle class skilled out. What's not to like.

Well, the population had their chance a few weeks ago to vote for change, and they chose not to. Roll on the civil war.

HOLA4418

Well, the population had their chance a few weeks ago to vote for change, and they chose not to. Roll on the civil war.

Basically this.

The electorate and country gets what it deserves. If people are stupid enough to vote for various people, then they get what they deserve.

HOLA4419

Terrible, terrible. That is NET as well. 500k sheep herders in, 200k middle class skilled out. What's not to like.

Yup. The turkeys voted for Xmas alrighty. And you can be certain the Tory quislings and their criminal associates in the City of London will ensure it comes with plenty of stuffing.

HOLA4420

Can't wait for Ian Hislop / HIGNFY to lampoon UKIP for the umpteenth time. Because we all love to see that. We love uncontrolled immigation, because to not love it is racist. To love uncontrolled immigration also gives you a sense of superiority to the Little Englanders who have concerns about it. It's easy, really - everybody's happy nowadays.

HOLA4421

Listened to Theresa May on the Today show today and she sounded flustered, wheels falling off already. New powers to seize earnings etc but she is simultaneously chiding the Police Fed who will have to enforce the new regs, saying they will have to accept more cuts. National rail strike next week. The recovery in full spate...

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Can't wait for Ian Hislop / HIGNFY to lampoon UKIP for the umpteenth time. Because we all love to see that. We love uncontrolled immigation, because to not love it is racist. To love uncontrolled immigration also gives you a sense of superiority to the Little Englanders who have concerns about it. It's easy, really - everybody's happy nowadays.

I say let all the immigrants go and live in Hislop's immediate environs.

HOLA4424

Well, in the vein of "can't beat them, join them" I have just started the process of getting UK passports for my children.

They will be counted in the numbers at some stage. They have never been to UK before.

I won't be going, as there are too many foreigners! LOL

HOLA4425

Archived