House Price Crash Forum
penbat1

Is The Hpc Site Star System Worthwhile ?

I find it distracting and not useful. The thread starter would be biased and give 5 stars. Any kind of consensus can only be reached after there have been, say, 10 ratings for a particular thread. I find the stars visually distracting. Also what is the point ?

Edited by penbat1

Guest consa

It is early days in testing this system, IMO it will take a month or so to evaluate whether or not it is useful.

The intention is that it shows the popular topics and for busy people it will be easy to skip the lower rated ones making browsing a bit more targeted and quicker.

As this has only been operable for a few days this poll is a bit premature and maybe it would be more beneficial if you had waited a little while.

Do you suffer premature ej******** as well?

It is early days in testing this system, IMO it will take a month or so to evaluate whether or not it is useful.

The intention is that it shows the popular topics and for busy people it will be easy to skip the lower rated ones making browsing a bit more targeted and quicker.

As this has only been operable for a few days this poll is a bit premature and maybe it would be more beneficial if you had waited a little while.

Do you suffer premature ej******** as well?

Yes early days but just add another string to my bow i notice that about half the posts that have ratings have 5 stars so there tends not to be much differentiation.

Guest consa

Yes early days but just add another string to my bow i notice that about half the posts that have ratings have 5 stars so there tends not to be much differentiation.

:lol: Early days, it may prove worthless or it may not, we'll have to wait and see I suppose.

:lol: Early days, it may prove worthless or it may not, we'll have to wait and see I suppose.

Also the most worthwhile threads tend to get the most replies which in turn keeps then high up the thread list. Number of replies itself is a measure of how interesting others found a thread.

Edited by penbat1

i agree with penbat - sorry consa :ph34r:

you're giving the choice of whats good and whats not good to us masses.

anyone noticed? - we hardly agree on anything.

and if we do - they are generally the boring threads ......

bin 'em i say!!!!!

Guest consa

i agree with penbat - sorry consa :ph34r:

you're giving the choice of whats good and whats not good to us masses.

anyone noticed? - we hardly agree on anything.

and if we do - they are generally the boring threads ......

bin 'em i say!!!!!

:o I didn't say I agree with them or not, I do think it is a good idea to try the system before denouncing it, what is there to lose?

bitch

and who just gave this thread 5 stars???

mmmm?? consa???

p.s not liking the avatar one little bit btw! and u better do some grovelling if u want back on the list ......

Guest consa

mmmm?? consa???

p.s not liking the avatar one little bit btw! and u better do some grovelling if u want back on the list ......

:rolleyes::rolleyes: ok I'll change the avatar back then, doesn't feel like me anyway, I didn't put that crossed out word in my post, must have been a moderator :) *grovel*

mmmm?? consa???

And what does 5 stars mean ? Does it mean that someone agrees with the sentiment of the thread or the thread just raises an interesting topic ?

Guest consa

And what does 5 stars mean ? Does it mean that someone agrees with the sentiment of the thread or the thread just raises an interesting topic ?

How you rate the thread, how you interpret that is up to you.

The trouble with any rating scheme is it's only as good as the people doing the rating. I'm still far more likely to visit a thread due to its title, the person who started it, or the participation of people with a high signal to noise ratio. What other people have rated a thread at just doesn't matter to me.

Andrew McP