House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bloo Loo

Mr Pin Is Alive

earlier reports that Mr Pin was blown up in his bunker by his posting team are now known to be false.

Mr Pin survived with a few scratches.

His posting team are in the custody of HPC Swat members.

Plans to take over the World are resumed.

Pail Pinler!

http://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Mr._Pin

My word - I cant believe its true !!

"He is an utterly despicable character and will even stoop so low as to steal somebody's Potato."

:ph34r: :o

Actually, I knew of Mr Pratchett's imaginary "firm" of

Pin-and-Tulip! I have never read that book however.

I do not go by this nickname myself for that reason.

Oh no! I posted the same thing twice! The shame!

This post is bordering on infinity - and insanity! Keep up the good work!

nickieatmirror.jpg

Keep going Mr Pin! If we can't break the housing market, let's see if we can break the internet instead ;)

P

Gawd! I hate mirror photos like that. They give me the heebie-jeebies.

nickieatmirror.jpg

Why is the image getting darker as it recedes?

BTW, you do realise even Alice (the kid apparently in front, of course) is a reflection. That's why the vampire isn't visible.

Why is the image getting darker as it recedes?

BTW, you do realise even Alice (the kid apparently in front, of course) is a reflection. That's why the vampire isn't visible.

With each and every reflection a little light is absorbed so it tends to black as it approaches infinity (number of reflections) - although in reality you won't get to infinity number of reflections as all the photons will have been absorbed at some point due to mirrors being slighty imperfect and absorbing said photons

Guest eight

With each and every reflection a little light is absorbed so it tends to black as it approaches infinity (number of reflections) - although in reality you won't get to infinity number of reflections as all the photons will have been absorbed at some point due to mirrors being slighty imperfect and absorbing said photons

So if I am sealed inside a highly polished mirrored ball, with only a torch for company, and I turn the torch off, does it stay light for a little bit, or not?

So if I am sealed inside a highly polished mirrored ball, with only a torch for company, and I turn the torch off, does it stay light for a little bit, or not?

Perhaps an infinitesimal short amount of time. Remember your clothes, (or naked body - if you're into that sort of thing) would absorb some of the photons both directly from the torch and from reflections. If, however you were perfectly shiny (i.e. didn't absorb any light) and the mirrored ball was 'perfect' (i.e. didn't absorb any light) then yes - I think. My understanding is, if there is no loss, it stays bright forever. I don't think lossless systems exist

I am not a physicist, but my original answer is my understanding of the science - I'm sure I'll be corrected by people who know more than me if I'm wrong

Perhaps an infinitesimal short amount of time. Remember your clothes, (or naked body - if you're into that sort of thing) would absorb some of the photons both directly from the torch and from reflections. If, however you were perfectly shiny (i.e. didn't absorb any light) and the mirrored ball was 'perfect' (i.e. didn't absorb any light) then yes - I think. My understanding is, if there is no loss, it stays bright forever. I don't think lossless systems exist

I am not a physicist, but my original answer is my understanding of the science - I'm sure I'll be corrected by people who know more than me if I'm wrong

you couldnt see if your eyes didnt absorb protons.

so that would indeed, be a very short time indeed...otherwise, how would you know it was light or dark?

If everything else was perfectly reflective then I suppose that eventually your eye would absorb all of the photons. I wonder how long that would take? If you left the torch on too long I imagine that it would just get brighter and brighter until you were blinded by the intensity (or the battery ran out).

If everything else was perfectly reflective then I suppose that eventually your eye would absorb all of the photons. I wonder how long that would take? If you left the torch on too long I imagine that it would just get brighter and brighter until you were blinded by the intensity (or the battery ran out).

Or maybe it gets hotter and hotter

I wish I'd never attempted to answer - I most definately am not a physicist!

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/photons-and-temperature.933/

Now my head hurts