House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bizarre Logic

Two recent conversations at work....

1. Colleague enlightened me on the fact that even when a chicken's egg is fertilised by a cockerel, it can still be eaten (as long as put in fridge soon after being laid, and not incubated.When I expressed my surprise she said "don't you understand how babies are made?".

Um what?

2. A fifty-something colleague expressed surprise that I didn't realise there had been a Mission Impossible TV Series. He exclaimed "Where do you think the movies came from!?!?".

Um say what?

Two recent conversations at work....

1. Colleague enlightened me on the fact that even when a chicken's egg is fertilised by a cockerel, it can still be eaten (as long as put in fridge soon after being laid, and not incubated.When I expressed my surprise she said "don't you understand how babies are made?".

Um what?

2. A fifty-something colleague expressed surprise that I didn't realise there had been a Mission Impossible TV Series. He exclaimed "Where do you think the movies came from!?!?".

Um say what?

What Happens When a Rooster is Present?

Hens lay eggs on the same schedule as without a rooster present.

If the rooster is allowed to mingle with the hens, there is a high likelihood that the eggs will be fertilized. This could result in chicks if the eggs are allowed to incubate (either in the nest under the hen or in an egg incubator).

I dont remember any abortions accomplished by sitting the lady in the fridge.

What Happens When a Rooster is Present?

Hens lay eggs on the same schedule as without a rooster present.

If the rooster is allowed to mingle with the hens, there is a high likelihood that the eggs will be fertilized. This could result in chicks if the eggs are allowed to incubate (either in the nest under the hen or in an egg incubator).

I dont remember any abortions accomplished by sitting the lady in the fridge.

I do remember a Mission Impossible TV series.

Looked at it now, I'd feel rather queasy about eating it but the pictures don't bother me much, I feel worse when I see a picture of a new housing estate.

I wish I had not clicked on this thread.

I had no idea this would happen! I expected a discussion about impaired logic, not eating f**k**g chicken embryos.

I do remember a Mission Impossible TV series.

Leonard Nimoy was in it a few times

My missus may as well have been in a fridge, Pretty much mission impossible these days. May as well have a shot at Lemony Nimrod or whatever his name is.

Guest eight

I had no idea this would happen! I expected a discussion about impaired logic, not eating f**k**g chicken embryos.

OK then. I have a friend who just won't be convinced that light bulbs don't consume more power when it's dark.

This reminds me of my Mum. She'll tell a story. It will start logically. All is normal. Then it's as if something "fuses". A hitherto logical sequence of events just turns into something bizarre. It tends to go something like:

"I did this."

"OK."

"And she said this."

"Yes."

"And so then this happened".

"Right."

"And I went home and did this.." ("this" being the most bizarre, inexplicable, illogical conclusion and course of action you can imagine unsupported by the facts described thus far)

"What?" (puzzled)

I tried this in Laos - the meat just melts in you mouth, but you got to spit out the tiny bones, feathers and beak. Appeared to be a common breakfast food.

I wouldn't recommend it. Especially with a hangover.

Urgh now that was too much detail.