House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rollover

Sharp Rise In Sellers Listing Homes Over £500K

There were nearly a quarter of a million homes listed for sale in the first three months of the year, a 5.2 per cent increase on 12 months ago. Homes with a price tag of more than half a million pounds have seen the highest percentage surge nationally, with the number for sale in the upper echelons of the market up 20.4 per cent. Properties between the £250,000 and £500,000 price bracket also saw a 17.4 per cent increase. The South East have highest number of properties available to buy http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-3079668/Sharp-rise-properties-listed-500k-year-number-homes-sale-hits-highest-level-early-2010.html

Where are the home buyers wiling to pay asking price and more as confidence is high following election?

Edited by rollover

The rush to sell at 2007 prices plus tho statutory ten percent year on year increase.

For these people they think the crash did not happen.

They are about to find they've missed the boat by 12months.

" South East have highest number of properties available to buy"

But no one willing to buy without the massive untaxed unearned free money from their London house sale

London collapse is going to destroy the south east.

Cashing in their pensions.....downsizing, why hold on to something where not totally utilised, spare empty rooms, when the costs to keep and maintain exceeds annual growth......don't use it you lose it.

BBC says different:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32721408

House prices pushed up by lack of supply, say surveyors

New instructions continuing to fall in the Spring. So the estate agents don't have much to sell ?

Presumably government intervention will be required on the demand side to hit the obr stamp duty forecast

Edited by Ash4781

As mentioned earlier my part of NR2 has seen 300k houses (2011) head now to around 500 and sometimes over.

However I have noticed that it stops at 600k ish and there is a much better 'value' at 600k-1m than 300-600k. This is also the case with flats which have gone up but only say 10% not the 20% family houses have.

It has been disclosed that HTB is approx. 10% of the market in the East of the country.

I just feels linked that the prices are so much hotter under the HTB limit of 600k and with family homes.

Either way it makes no difference to me I am looking at 450-500 for the same house I almost bought for 300k in 2011. So I have been proven wrong and the kids are larger and the wife is at wits end as she struggles (understandably so) with the concept of a hpc since others are buying houses... So for me at least I am going to go from a tiny mortgage > huge mortgage if this keeps up another year.

It feels like its just waiting for me to sign up and then it will pop.

I may change jobs so I can move areas to rented and buy myself another year.

The Help to Buy Equity Loan schemes are available in England, Scotland and Wales but the maximum price of the property you can buy differs. In England the most you can pay for your home is £600,000. In Scotland it is limited to up to £250,000 and in Wales the limit is £300,000.

The other type of Help to Buy scheme is the mortgage guarantee, which is available across the UK. https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/help-to-buy-schemes-faqs