House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
erranta

Rightmove Expect The Property Market To Be Positive In 2006!

Rightmove expect the property market to be positive and more traditional during 2006 without the peaks and troughs experienced over the last 2 years.

This is based upon the market’s sound foundations and a continuation of the recovery observed during the second half of 2005 said the firm’s December property index.

The same index that also says:

"adjusting prices to suit market conditions, this is evidenced by the traditional cutting of prices in the month prior to Christmas by 0.8% (£1,674)"

Whilst over-priced anomalies left over from the boom partly ironed themselves out this year, 2006 will see greater pricing transparency, clearly highlighting over ambitious sellers.

So sellers had to drop their prices and Estate Agents (privately) talk down the market?

Conversely, price falls will be prevented by the ongoing stability of the UK economy.(2006) We have, for example, historically low rates of finance, an unprecedented run of positive growth in Gross Domestic Product, and high and stable levels of employment.

More rambl(p)ing predictions for 2006!

http://www.themovechannel.com/News/2005/December/12a.asp

Wasn't GDP just revised down in the pre-budget speech?

And hasn't it already fallen from far higher levels of recent years?

Where is this unprecedented run of growth in GDP that they speak of??

The low rates of finance won't be here too much longer anyway.

It's getting a bit silly now isn't it, house prices are down 5% on the year on average ( 25% for flats in alot of places ) there aren't any FTBers in the market.... and yet every couple of days sure as the sun rises, one or other of the VIs is releasing a prediction that house prices will begin to rise again next year, basis an economy which almost everybody who doesn't work in the treasury dam well knows in heading into a recession.

......talk about pissing into the wind!

It's getting a bit silly now isn't it, house prices are down 5% on the year on average ( 25% for flats in alot of places ) there aren't any FTBers in the market.... and yet every couple of days sure as the sun rises, one or other of the VIs is releasing a prediction that house prices will begin to rise again next year, basis an economy which almost everybody who doesn't work in the treasury dam well knows in heading into a recession.

......talk about pissing into the wind!

I am glad they are not giving share trading advice. Technical Analysis

1st rule check trend to me its going down.

The Fundaentals don't look that good.

So if property was a share I wouldn't be going long on it I wouled more likely be shorting it.

If the property is well below asking price say 25%-30% then a reasonable long term buy.

I am glad they are not giving share trading advice. Technical Analysis

1st rule check trend to me its going down.

The Fundaentals don't look that good.

So if property was a share I wouldn't be going long on it I wouled more likely be shorting it.

If the property is well below asking price say 25%-30% then a reasonable long term buy.

The difference is that the VIs only make money when prices are rising. If you are selling stock analysis, it doesn't matter which way it is going.

If you are an add-on to an industry that makes money from the volume of transactions in a market in physical assets such as houses, you only make money if people believe prices are rising.

If people believe values of assets that cost on average 8x their average earnings are falling, the market volume is killed and there is no money to be creamed off by the VIs.

Rightmove Expect The Property Market To Be Positive In 2006!

In other news:

Turkeys Fear Christmas

Scientists Report Sky Is Bluey-Grey Colour

Car Salesmen Say Now Best Time To Buy A Car

Bear Droppings Found In Local Woods

Pope In Catholic Faith Shocker

Edited by IPOD

Its probably true what they say--no peaks or troughs

Just valleys :lol::D;)

When you have staked your career, mortage, family and future on HPI you will tend to lean toward an optimistic view of the house market.