House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

The Killing Of Osama Bin Laden - Was Not As Told?

Investigative journalist says the story of how the former al-Qaeda leader died is very different to what the public was told

Among the many allegations of Hersh's report are that:

• bin Laden had been a prisoner of the Pakistan intelligence at the Abbottabad compound since 2006 (something revealed previously in "Osama bin Laden 'protected by Pakistan in return for Saudi cash")
  • that the two most senior Pakistani military leaders knew of the raid in advance and had made sure that the two helicopters delivering the Seals to Abbottabad could cross Pakistani airspace without triggering any alarms;
  • that the CIA did not learn of bin Laden’s whereabouts by tracking his couriers, as the White House has claimed since May 2011, but from a former senior Pakistani intelligence officer who betrayed the secret in return for much of the $25 million reward offered by the US,
  • and that, while Obama did order the raid and the Seal team did carry it out, many other aspects of the administration’s account were false.

White House issues denial

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05-11/white-house-denies-it-fabricated-bin-laden-killing-says-hersh-report-riddled-inaccur

If anyone expected the Obama administration to admit that, as Seymour Hersch alleged last night, it had openly lied and fabricated the entire account of Osama bin Laden killing - perhaps the most defining narrative of Obama's entire first term, we have some bad news: it won't.

Instead, as AP reports, the White House has decided to continue its reality challenged ways and has dismissed as "untrue" Hersh's entire 10K plus word report on what really happened in Abbattobad.

It gets better: according to that paragon of honesty, White House spokesman, Josh Earnest, Hersh's piece in the London Review of Books is "riddled with inaccuracies and outright falsehoods."

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v37/n10/seymour-m-hersh/the-killing-of-osama-bin-laden

It’s been four years since a group of US Navy Seals assassinated Osama bin Laden in a night raid on a high-walled compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan. The killing was the high point of Obama’s first term, and a major factor in his re-election. The White House still maintains that the mission was an all-American affair, and that the senior generals of Pakistan’s army and Inter-Services Intelligence agency (ISI) were not told of the raid in advance. This is false, as are many other elements of the Obama administration’s account. The White House’s story might have been written by Lewis Carroll: would bin Laden, target of a massive international manhunt, really decide that a resort town forty miles from Islamabad would be the safest place to live and command al-Qaida’s operations? He was hiding in the open. So America said.

The most blatant lie was that Pakistan’s two most senior military leaders – General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, chief of the army staff, and General Ahmed Shuja Pasha, director general of the ISI – were never informed of the US mission. This remains the White House position despite an array of reports that have raised questions, including one by Carlotta Gall in the New York Times Magazine of 19 March 2014. Gall, who spent 12 years as the Times correspondent in Afghanistan, wrote that she’d been told by a ‘Pakistani official’ that Pasha had known before the raid that bin Laden was in Abbottabad. The story was denied by US and Pakistani officials, and went no further. In his book Pakistan: Before and after Osama (2012), Imtiaz Gul, executive director of the Centre for Research and Security Studies, a think tank in Islamabad, wrote that he’d spoken to four undercover intelligence officers who – reflecting a widely held local view – asserted that the Pakistani military must have had knowledge of the operation. The issue was raised again in February, when a retired general, Asad Durrani, who was head of the ISI in the early 1990s, told an al-Jazeera interviewer that it was ‘quite possible’ that the senior officers of the ISI did not know where bin Laden had been hiding, ‘but it was more probable that they did [know]. And the idea was that, at the right time, his location would be revealed. And the right time would have been when you can get the necessary quid pro quo – if you have someone like Osama bin Laden, you are not going to simply hand him over to the United States.’

More at the link.

Another conspiracy story to run on and on?

Why am I not surprised at all? :rolleyes:

IIRC in the thread here at the time there were a few of us doubting the official story as it just sounded way too unbelievable, like a Hollywood script.

He was supposed to have died years before. A dead bogeyman is no good to anyone.

Didn't some Indian politician give us the details, before she went away?

He was supposed to have died years before. A dead bogeyman is no good to anyone.

Didn't some Indian politician give us the details, before she went away?

Pakistani: Benazir Bhutto a couple of days before she was assassinated.

Pakistani: Benazir Bhutto a couple of days before she was assassinated.

If you listen to the quote in context it's fairly clear impo that it was a slip of the tongue and she was referring to the murder of Daniel Pearl by Omar Sheikh.

That's supported by her giving a radio interview where she refers to OBL as being alive shortly before she was killed.

Which takes nothing away from the original narrative of the killing of OBL being obvious b0ll0cks which didn't stack up and unraveled almost immediately.

In other news the 3000 people killed in the world trade centre were not hardened terrorsits as OBL had told us, but just ordinary people

okay i'll get my tin foil hat....

So why would the US go to the trouble and risk of fabricating such a story?

Because the Pakistani government didn't want to have to admit that they had bin Laden in custody for years and then let the Americans kill him?

I remember people here pointing out at the time just what nonsense the official story was. The 'burial at sea', in particular, was laughably bogus, even if you assume that shooting the Secret Terrorist Mastermind Of The World rather than capturing him wouldn't have been a colossal failure.

Because the Pakistani government didn't want to have to admit that they had bin Laden in custody for years and then let the Americans kill him?

The Americans and Pakistanis seem to have been undecided for years whether they are allies or enemies. I don't see how the "official version" improves the siuation any. Is it better for the Pakistanis to pretend the Americans outsmarted them, or they cooperated with them?

The benefits, if any, are so marginal as to be not worth the risks of fabricating a story.

The benefits, if any, are so marginal as to be not worth the risks of fabricating a story.

The benefit is that the Pakistani intelligence agents who helped the Yanks--if they did--didn't get beheaded by irate Taliban.

I'm guessing there are a few brown trousers in Pakistan tonight. I'm sure many there have believed this for years, but it's quite another thing to see it plastered over the Western media.

The benefit is that the Pakistani intelligence agents who helped the Yanks--if they did--didn't get beheaded by irate Taliban.I'm guessing there are a few brown trousers in Pakistan tonight. I'm sure many there have believed this for years, but it's quite another thing to see it plastered over the Western media.

The Seymour Hersch story has been out there for a year or two. It's not new.

About OBL, the yanks have always been able to say anything they liked, however implausible, and be believed by the majority. The various obvious lookalikes that popped up after 9/11, all endorsed by Washington, proved that.

Remember the 2001 'Fatty Bin Laden' tape?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?V=41UAnkQARFs

and the 2007 "Grecian 2000" Bin Laden tape:

A telling YT comment from 3 yrs ago on the 2nd tape:

'It amazes me that American sheeple are so obtuse that they actually believe that one of strictest followers of Islam, who fought the Russians with the Mujaheddin, who worked directly with the CIA in the 80's, who gave up a plush millionaire's lifestyle to stay true to his religion, and who needed kidney dialisis on a weekly basis, is killed by an unknown group of men and is conveniently disposed of in the ocean just as Obama's numbers are falling and just as the next election cycle begins.'

I heard second-hand (from a Saudi doctor that used to perform dialysis on him) that he died back in 2004.

I was also under this impression (can't recall on what basis, but I had read something that convinced me this was most likely true. He was very ill, apparently).

As TONA as already mentioned, just because you can't conceive of a credible reason for someone to fabricate a story it doesn't follow that they're telling the truth.

This is a well worn trap for people who raise doubts about official narratives. To ask 'what do you think happened then?'. If they're daft enough to start speculating attention is drawn away from the initial deceit and they're put on the defensive defending their speculation.

OBL did not use a woman as a human shield, was not armed and there was no live feed to the operation. So, this photo which was put out at the time is bullsh1t...

n3nkfm.jpg

as was that other bullsh1t about OBL's body allegedly being dumped at sea in accordance with a non existent Islamic tradition.

I'll offer some possible motivations but, for reasons already described, I won't spank much time defending them. The original iteration of the OBL execution narrative has been shown to be false, regardless of whether anyone can second guess the underlying motivations of the people responsible for the fabrication...

- OBL had to be withdrawn from the narrative at some point without being captured or subject to trial. He had too much dirt on too many people and any kind of trial process would have drawn attention to the fact that the funding and planning of 9/11 was more complex and involved a much wider cast of characters and regimes than the simplistic 'terrorist mastermind in a cave did it' narrative.

- The timing of OBL's exit was, to a certain extent, flexible but coincided nicely with the end of Obama's first term and his bid for re-election.

I fkn love infographics. Remember Bin Goldstein's Afghan fortress?

Alas, if only there was just one...

With so many imaginary, Blofeld-ready fortresses to hide in it's no wonder it took so long to pin him down.

Alas, if only there was just one...

With so many imaginary, Blofeld-ready fortresses to hide in it's no wonder it took so long to pin him down.

It's beyond f@cking parody

I'd laugh if it wasn't so tragic