Kippers Reject Farage Resignation

R K

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I like Nuttall to connect with the north...

Not heard of him before, but Steven Woolfe has a Farage like ability to bat away questions and remain professional whilst looking Fresher and younger than Farage now does - its clear the last 7 or 8 years of campaigning (or boozing and smoking!) have taken their toll on Farage. He's beginning to look tired...

HOLA447

It probably is time for Farage to become UKIP equivalent of an elder statesman I think. Doesn't mean he's gone, after all.

If they were smart they'd go for Nuttall I think given he'd do well up north. I suspect the ex-Tory ultras won't like him though so no chance for him.

HOLA448

It probably is time for Farage to become UKIP equivalent of an elder statesman I think. Doesn't mean he's gone, after all.

If they were smart they'd go for Nuttall I think given he'd do well up north. I suspect the ex-Tory ultras won't like him though so no chance for him.

Yes...when Patrick o flynn was quickly slapped down for suggesting a luxury items tax, its clear its going to be difficult to move at all to the left.

It's surprising really...if stats are to be believed, it isnt the lord of the manor types, the old fox hunting set that are going UKIP, but rather the less well off.

Nuttall would be my first choice.

Of the others.

Carswell sounds too intellectual to appeal to the average voter.

Aker sounds like Harry Enfields 'tory boy'

Reckless sounds like Harry Engfields 'tim nice but dim'

Diane James a possibility...always comes across as moderate and convincing in interviews.

Suzanne Evans good, but doesnt have the kind of drive and conviction that voters might look for in a Thatcher mk2 kind of way.

Woolf good, but needs to perfect the Farage lighthearted bantering thing a bit more.

O flynn would probably be attacked by the business community the same way Miliband is/has been.

Edited by Executive Sadman

HOLA449

Not a fan of Suzanne Evans, doubt she'd go down all that well either given she looks and sounds a bit like Thatcher. Not only that but she comes across as same old, same old - which isn't exactly in theme with UKIP at all.

Diane James is much more likeable than Evans, for me anyway. When asked a question she didn't know the answer to by Andrew Neil she straight out said, "Dunno, give me a bit of time to think on it, I'll answer in a bit". Suzanne Evans would have done the usual politician waffle instead.

HOLA4410

Not a fan of Suzanne Evans, doubt she'd go down all that well either given she looks and sounds a bit like Thatcher. Not only that but she comes across as same old, same old - which isn't exactly in theme with UKIP at all.

Diane James is much more likeable than Evans, for me anyway. When asked a question she didn't know the answer to by Andrew Neil she straight out said, "Dunno, give me a bit of time to think on it, I'll answer in a bit". Suzanne Evans would have done the usual politician waffle instead.

Yes. I think admittance of ignorance is a long lost attribute, and a very understated quality, thanks to media bullying.

I don't expect politicians to have detailed knowledge of every single issue, all the time. I'd rather they said..."i'll have to do some more research and get back to you" rather than wing it with some (usually incorrect) soundbite. Like they say, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416