House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crashmonitor

Labour And Lib Dems Denial Of Result After Exit Poll And Early Results.

Are politicians numerically challenged or what, don't they understand probabilities. And how can we trust them to run an economy when they cannot interpret simple statistics.

Even after the Sunderland results, which actually showed the exit poll was understating the Tory vote, they were still in denial.

Ashdown and Campbell's denial in the face of enormous odds was just f**king irritating.

We seriously have a problem with politicians when we have this bunker mentality and certainty of being right when they are wrong. They have only got to run the country holding these lunatic opinions after all.

Are politicians numerically challenged or what, don't they understand probabilities. And how can we trust them to run an economy when they cannot interpret simple statistics.

Even after the Sunderland results, which actually showed the exit poll was understating the Tory vote, they were still in denial.

Ashdown and Campbell's denial in the face of enormous odds was just f**king irritating.

We seriously have a problem with politicians when we have this bunker mentality and certainty of being right when they are wrong.

Is it surprising that such psychological strategies are often found in those who have climbed to the top of hierarchical organisations?

Think also of organised religion, WW1 generals, some scientists, partisan sports supporters etc...

Loyalty to the tribe usually trumps rationality and truth.

We like to think of ourselves as rational agents but maybe even that itself is another conceit fashioned by memes?

Clegg morphed into a party political speech even as he was standing down, they can`t help themselves. Good to see a few "big guns" get told to toddle off this time :lol:

The Lib Dems stood on the same echo housing bubble/cuts to social services platform as the Tories and were wiped out because of it. I suspect the hpi feelgood factor was largely missing from those areas of the country normally predisposed to vote LD. Anyway, good riddance to them.

Paddy was a bit foolish but you have to admit that the exit poll was a bit of a shock after weeks and weeks of opinion polls showing Labour and Conservatives almost neck and neck. I think Nuneaton was the key result which showed the exit poll might be under-reading. I think I stayed up for the first 3 results including the two Sunderlands and at that point it was clear the exit poll was about right but it wasn't yet clear the Tories were going to do quite so well. Just my recollection but I posted the same conclusion in the exit poll thread.

Paddy was a bit foolish but you have to admit that the exit poll was a bit of a shock after weeks and weeks of opinion polls showing Labour and Conservatives almost neck and neck. I think Nuneaton was the key result which showed the exit poll might be under-reading. I think I stayed up for the first 3 results including the two Sunderlands and at that point it was clear the exit poll was about right but it wasn't yet clear the Tories were going to do quite so well. Just my recollection but I posted the same conclusion in the exit poll thread.

..that was correct ...it wasn't until much later that the exit poll appeared to underestimate the Tory majority ....which made the lead up polls appear 'way out'.... :rolleyes:

The pollsters were supposed to be conducting an inquiry into why they were so miles out. Still waiting but it's early days. Hopefully they'll publish the results before the eu referendum and maybe they'll be more accurate then - or not.

Immediately after the Nuneaton result they started saying that it looked like the Conservatives would have a slim majority - mainly based on the Nuneaton result strongly indicating/confirming that outcome.

Edited by billybong